IGNORED

"ANUBIS" ... a new side-scrolling shooter

Retrospect

Hi everyone.  It's high time I started this project, so I did last night ... there's not much there so far, just a few enemies and the player ship can't "die" yet.

It IS similar to Parsec, in the way that it side-scrolls and you get warning messages about stuff coming toward you, but there will be different stuff that Parsec doesn't have, for example, there's gonna be walking robots that fire missiles , that'll be next on the "to do list".

For now we have a couple of rounds of Kraal Cruisers, followed by an "attack ship" ... next time I'm programming I'll make it fire directly at the player when it lines up with player ship.

ANUBIS-X << Loads in XB.  

• Like 23

A little bit more progress, and now, that's it for today ... need a rest!  So now we've got Saucers coming to play with us just after the Attack Ship.  They have animation and can fire, but alas, are not at present perfect in their control.  A little bit of revision is needed.  I may have it so one will randomly track the player's movements and chase the player.

ANUBIS2-X << XB program.  Plays up to the Saucers then stops.

• Like 12

More progress on Anubis ... we now have "player death" sequence ... the Kraal Cruisers are insanely better than before as are the  Saucers.  Oh and the Attack Ship is a proper nasty sod now.

ANUBIS3-X << XB program.  Program will stop after the saucers.

• Like 15

test code.txt <<< source (documented somewhat)

Can someone please help?  I'm doing a rewrite of Anubis with a new star scrolling routine.  It works , but I get a character atop the screen which cycles through different patterns and eventually it stops doing it .... possibly because a star goes through it?  Why is it doing this?  See the video attached.

1 hour ago, Gemintronic said:

Amazing parallax-like scrolling

Thanks Gemintronic.  That affect is actually Senior Falcon's code, he made a special CALL LINK("WINDOW",x,x,x,x) and CALL LINK("SCPXLF",char,length,scroll bits) in assembly for XB256.  Without that, I'd have had to resort to redrawing character patterns which if not done in assembly could only have been slower.  :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Retrospect said:

A cliffhanger!!  Stay tuned to find out if our hero's ship explodes into a million pieces or if it has the strength to punch through the dastardly enemy Kraal attack saucer!!

4 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

Earth vs the Flying Saucers with special effects by Ray Harryhausen.

Both classics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2