IGNORED

BigPEmu Jaguar Emulator now supports Jaguar CD and VLM

crash

2 hours ago, Clint Thompson said:

Great to see he figured it out but the guy is seriously hell bent on believing the prototypes were stereoscopic despite there being literally zero evidence or otherwise mention of that being the case. Outside of a magazine incorrectly stating such in 1994 before work on what became the Virtuality unit was even started, I'm not sure why he can't accept the fact that it simply isn't. I very much remember people bitching about it NOT being stereoscopic.

It's all moot though and doesn't matter anyways since his emulator fixes both.

Was there a list of what is considered "compatible" ? because I didn't see it but maybe I missed it. Any word if the new PSVR2 will cut it?

Well, nobody gave him a working Jaguar VR headset to work with, so there's the main reason.

• Like 3

On 8/5/2023 at 9:20 PM, Clint Thompson said:

Great to see he figured it out but the guy is seriously hell bent on believing the prototypes were stereoscopic despite there being literally zero evidence or otherwise mention of that being the case. Outside of a magazine incorrectly stating such in 1994 before work on what became the Virtuality unit was even started, I'm not sure why he can't accept the fact that it simply isn't. I very much remember people bitching about it NOT being stereoscopic.

It's all moot though and doesn't matter anyways since his emulator fixes both.

Was there a list of what is considered "compatible" ? because I didn't see it but maybe I missed it. Any word if the new PSVR2 will cut it?

As far as I last checked (a few months ago) the PSVR2 doesn't work on the PC yet... I'm sure it'll happen eventually though!  I'm waiting for them to support 3D bluray playback before I sink some $$ into yet another headset (I already have the vive, Vive pro, Index and PSVR1...)

4 hours ago, leech said:

As far as I last checked (a few months ago) the PSVR2 doesn't work on the PC yet... I'm sure it'll happen eventually though!  I'm waiting for them to support 3D bluray playback before I sink some $$ into yet another headset (I already have the vive, Vive pro, Index and PSVR1...)

There's supposed to be ways to get PSVR1 headsets working with the PC, but I've not tried this yet.  It's on my mile long "TODO" list.

On 8/11/2023 at 8:12 PM, Stephen said:

There's supposed to be ways to get PSVR1 headsets working with the PC, but I've not tried this yet.  It's on my mile long "TODO" list.

Yeah, people have had PSVR1 work on PCs since it's early days,  it's a little wonky, but it works:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/how-to-use-psvr-on-pc

I've never tried it, the PSVR1 is a cabling nightmare and I don't really feel like moving it room to room, but if I ever get a PSVR2, the VR1 might be retired to my PC room.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...