IGNORED

NOS jaguar no picture/sound

Adamj91

Hi guys, I just got a jaguar that's giving me problems.

First, I am now wondering is it a PAL system or a NTSC system? The power light is red but there is no channel select on the back near the rf.

I only have the standard rf cable to hook it up to my crt and it shows no picture or sound with a game inserted. I have tried the same cable and channel on my genesis and it works, so that ruled out the cable hookup.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

327311934_1378868942871077_2258056558872756860_n.jpg

325619486_1178745539449131_707447942731977848_n.jpg

@Adamj91 

Did you try switching channels? Just because the Sega worked on what, channel 4? Doesn't mean that Jag is the same. Change between channels 2, 3,and 4 to see if anything shows up.

My RF looks like complete ass, but the comp and SVideo are great, like everyone else mentioned

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 1

I'm connecting this with a rca cable with a RF to rca adapter in the back of the tv, even tried OG genesis RF cables and same results. Yeah, im pretty sure its a NTSC model just without a channel select. This system is brand new and super clean- I did blow compressed air to clean it out just in case though. I have flipped through the channels, nothing on 2,3,4,5,etc. 

I do have some s-video cables coming in soon so guess we will see if it'll work then.

7 hours ago, Adamj91 said:

I'm connecting this with a rca cable with a RF to rca adapter in the back of the tv, even tried OG genesis RF cables and same results. Yeah, im pretty sure its a NTSC model just without a channel select. This system is brand new and super clean- I did blow compressed air to clean it out just in case though. I have flipped through the channels, nothing on 2,3,4,5,etc. 

I do have some s-video cables coming in soon so guess we will see if it'll work then.

I have seen a few TVs with weird channel selections. A few TVs had to be on channel 91 or something like that. Hook it all up turn on the Jag, and do a channel scan. It might stop on the channel the Jag is showing up on.

• Like 1

I am not sure how well a PAL signal would show up on an NSTC set, but even if the Jaguar does not boot correctly I would think that you would at least expect a black screen with the power on, even if it was display was unstable.

The image provided shows static so I would think it likely either it is not tuned in correctly or there is either an internal open circuit between the analogue video output and the RF output or between the RF output and the TV input.    

• Like 2

Thanks guys for the suggestion! I was finally able to test the system with s-video cables and got it finally to work. My guess is what neo_rg mentioned is that it's a former pal system that was converted by Atari for NTSC. Either way, it works minus rf, which isn't a big deal of course. 

Thanks for the help guys 

• Like 3