IGNORED

Cargo - new Game Project

donnerkuh

News: 

1. Difficulty level can be choosed now - from green = easy down to red = death match (look the video)

This week Corona attacked me - so i had time to start a new Project, called Cargo.

Cargo - You found a new job - they told you to transport some people and some freight with your helicopter will be fun - no risk...

- try to pick up the people / you can´t land - don´t hit the ground

- transport them to the stops (H-sign). if you have to change the building follow the exit-sign (in Level 1 right side). The Exit sign appears for a short time and shows where you have to fly to.

- use the fire-button to stop the helicopter. this does only work if the helicopter is very slow, but you will need it...

The game is early stage but i love it. To do:

- sound

- wind (i know, it´s hard enough without wind)

- more levels

Looking forward to your replies / tips / questions

cargo.png

image.png

foto.jpg

cargo086.bas.bin

cargo111.bas.bin

label.jpg

Edited by donnerkuh
Livebar added. New Level added
  • Like 8

On 2/27/2023 at 4:46 AM, alfredtdk said:

How about using the fire button?
It could, for example, descend a ladder from the helicopter for the rescued to climb.

You already need the firebutton to stop the very slow helicopter. But your idea is not bad - the ledder will be activated only when the helicopter stands still in the air. i will work on it...

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Cargo on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

• Thanks 1

Dear ZeroPage Homebrew, thanks for testing Cargo. I saw how the game tortured you. I promise to implement 3 lives next so that you can see the much nicer levels in the later game. Autocannon Level added. EMP-Shock-Level added. Next step: More Lives, maybe Chance to get extra-lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, donnerkuh said:

Dear ZeroPage Homebrew, thanks for testing Cargo. I saw how the game tortured you. I promise to implement 3 lives next so that you can see the much nicer levels in the later game. Autocannon Level added. EMP-Shock-Level added. Next step: More Lives, maybe Chance to get extra-lives.

It was challenging but a lot of fun trying to get as far as I could in your game, looking forward to playing it again in the future on the stream! Thank you for adding more lives in the future so there's more ability to see later levels. 🙂

- James

• Like 3

On 3/6/2023 at 12:52 PM, donnerkuh said:

You already need the firebutton to stop the very slow helicopter. But your idea is not bad - the ledder will be activated only when the helicopter stands still in the air. i will work on it...

I kind of like the fire button as an accelerator instead. Maybe tapped like flappy birds, but not as intense.

Programming the controls this way would would give you (2) extra free control options by freeing up the up and down joypad. (3) extra control options if you add a separate function to a held fire button vs just tapping it. 

E.g. tap once to move one pixel up and remain there for 50 cycles before automatically lowering one pixel every 30 cycle.

Holding fire rapidly moves up 1 pixel every 50 cycles for 2 counts then 20 cycles, etc..

Holding down lowers a ladder.

Holding up fires a flare. etc..

Left, right, tapping, holding flies. 

Edited by freshbrood
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...