IGNORED

Intellivision Amico Release - What are the chances?

Creamhoven

1 hour ago, Creamhoven said:

This appears to be an orgegon trail kind of game? That is nice. I played one zombie themed before and enjoyed it.

That looks nice. It looks like an graphic adventure, which I like as well.

Yes, it is basically Oregon Trail.

The zombie one would be Organ Trail? I played that one a loooong time ago and also enjoyed it!

Isnt it possible for a homebrewer to use a cart with alot of storage (like 256gb) and make a large game such as a visual novel?

There are high capacity carts, but the issue is not simply storage.

The Intellivision has very limited GRAM (graphics ram), and that severely constrains what you can do. Homebrewers sometimes need to be creative about reusing the same bitmaps here and there to be able to create more complex images.

Still, maybe someone will eventually take a shot at making a visual novel - or maybe YOU could be the pioneer? If you decide to go for it, I'm sure you will get a lot of help from this community.

How will Tommy survive if the OG intellivision homebrewscene crushes the amico?

This classic homebrew scene is not out to crush anyone... Quite the opposite, if the Amico ever comes out I'm sure the scene here will be more than happy to push games on that platform too.

25 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

The zombie one would be Organ Trail? I played that one a loooong time ago and also enjoyed it!

Oh yes. It was a fun time. It is pretty dark, but I had alot of fun with it.

The Intellivision has very limited GRAM (graphics ram), and that severely constrains what you can do. Homebrewers sometimes need to be creative about reusing the same bitmaps here and there to be able to create more complex images.

They need to unleash the intelliblastprocessing to draw complex images.

Still, maybe someone will eventually take a shot at making a visual novel - or maybe YOU could be the pioneer? If you decide to go for it, I'm sure you will get a lot of help from this community.

I unfortunatly am not gifted enough to do even the simplest of things when it comes to stuff like this. If anyone is able to make a graphic novel on the intellivison that would be quite impressive for sure. My favorite part about Fox's Quest was the story. I would rather just see that than play sokoban, but that a matter of taste.

This classic homebrew scene is not out to crush anyone... Quite the opposite, if the Amico ever comes out I'm sure the scene here will be more than happy to push games on that platform too.

I hope this day will come. Tommy will make it work.

Is Amico going to be revived? I was going to buy one. I was disappointed to see it had all fallen apart. 

We need a rich Intellivision fan who is willing to a few $millions to revive it. If I was a billionaire I'd donate a billion easy. Keep Tommy up there as the figurehead + doing his promoting thing and put someone more sensible in charge of finances.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

🤣 Such Poe's law going on. It could be a troll or someone deluded to reality.

No one killed Amico but those running the project into the dirt. That's your Tommy, Nick, John, and Phil who you have to blame for Amico being a steaming pile.

@Tommy Tallarico went home and is washing his Spider-Man undies that he crapped himself in. He's back on to VGL and likely told to STFU about Amico when he was pushed out of his roll as CEO.

Homebrewers is the only decent thing left about Intellivision as the current company made the name dirt by being worse than the Coleco Chameleon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rev said:

This pic about sums up the current state of Amico.

The lights are on but no one is home. 

How would you caption this pic?

F625B93C-849F-4937-937A-DC710F1D0345.jpeg

How would I caption the picture?  I'd probably use ASCII letters in a nice font.  However, others are free to use Unicode emoji characters.  I say 'go wild' and let your imagination be your guide!  Let your mind run free!  Just remember, it's all about the friends we made along the way.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Creamhoven said:

This appears to be an orgegon trail kind of game? That is nice. I played one zombie themed before and enjoyed it.

I've played that one before, Organ Trail, and it is superb.   Would love to see it ported to the Intellivision, and I think it is perfectly doable.

Organ Trail is made in the style of the original Oregon Trail for the Apple ][, but with a zombie apocalypse twist:  you need to ride your station wagon across the country with a few survivors, trading and doing mercenary jobs at survivor encampments as you travel, and foraging for groceries and supplies in zombie infected areas.

It's really good, kind of cheesy and atmospheric.  And he graphics requirements are not too demanding.  It could be perfect for our console.

So ... @nanochess, @cmadruga, what do you say?

dZ.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, cmadruga said:

Yes, please!  (Hint hint)

Sounds like a job for Kai Magazine and his unique and beautifully graphics art style.

I doubt it, but that's a conversation for another day (and another forum!).

dZ.

8 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

But look how hot she is!  Literally as beautiful as you can imagine.

My imagination for hotness isn't very good, but I'll try...

I walk towards the PRGE Amico booth when, though no one else does, I notice her.  Tall.  Slim.  Straight jet black hair that glistens in the lights of the hall.  She begins to turn but her hair moves in mysterious ways, waving of its own accord as living tendrils.  Her seven red pupil-less eyes blink, not quite in unison, burning into me.  Fight, flight, and revulsion reflexes overridden, I freeze.  Tentacles slide up from behind the table, across its surface, grasping a wood-brown and gold business card in its mucus.  She points a claw at me when the sharp fanged smile on the side of her neck begins to speak in the deep voice of a thousand Olde Ones.  "You are the chosen one."  Her eyes see past my flesh and pierce my immortal soul.  "You must disparage the mighty YouTuber."  I desperately attempt to calm my now fractured psyche as my own trembling hand, disobedient to my will, extends outward to grab the moist business card...

• Haha 3