IGNORED

Berzerk (Atari 2600 version) in the VCS Store

davpa

22 minutes ago, RollOut said:

I generally agree. I've had a couple of VCS issues (mostly pretty minor stuff) but they have been responsive, helpful, and fast. It might be the benefit of having Atari be a smaller company with a smaller install base than many other video game options, but credit where credit is due, the customer support is great.

I agree having a smaller user base definitely helps speed things up for sure. 

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, davpa said:

I'm unfamiliar with Spacechase.  What is it?

It is a 2600 shooter released by Games by Apollo, later just Apollo, in early 1982. It may not be their best game, but I think it was their biggest seller, and pretty fun too. There was also a special version where you could have your initials put in the game in lieu of the your ship's explosion.

Anybody know who has the rights to the Games by Apollo catalog?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

Anybody know who has the rights to the Games by Apollo catalog?

I thought "Games By Apollo" was the poster child for the fly-by-night companies that rushed low-quality 2600 games before the Crash?   Or am I thinking of a different company?

2 hours ago, zzip said:

I thought "Games By Apollo" was the poster child for the fly-by-night companies that rushed low-quality 2600 games before the Crash?   Or am I thinking of a different company?

I don't know. Spacechase has its fans, and Space Cavern was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. I still enjoy it. I recall some people liking Infiltrate also and I think Guardian has its fans. They may not have been Parker Brothers or Imagic, but they were not Mythicon either in my opinion.

3 hours ago, zzip said:

You might be thinking of Games by Apollo. I think they have a dodgey reputation. That said, they have a few fun titles. I am personally a fan of Lost Luggage. Nothing ground breaking (sort of a Kaboom clone), but who else would have thought to turn a luggage carousel into the inspiration for a video game.