IGNORED

Space Taxi - A8B version

Andreatari

Hey @Andreatari,

I recently discovered this port and I enjoyed it greatly !!

You have done an excellent job recreating this old favorite  😁

That reminded me of the sprites I have designed about a year ago for an 7800 (probably abandoned) re-imagining of the game..

In case you are thinking about a "deluxe" version later on with alternate sprites, you can take a look in the page below:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/304672-cosmic-cabbie-wip/?do=findComment&comment=5103224

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @TIX 😊
I've tried to redo Space Taxi from scratch to get it as similar as possible to the original Kutcher's C64 version

I have been working on this port for a long time and currently the only possible development for the future might be the release of a cartridge version.
Anyway, I had a look at your link and I can say that you are an excellent creator of sprites and graphics!!! 🔝

Edited by Andreatari
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Andreatari said:

Thank you all for your reactions and feedback... if you want to give a look to any level out of 25 available, you can see this longplay video of the full 24H shift 😎

Space Taxi A8 - Full 24H Shift - Ver. 2.5 PAL

Hi,

thanks for the video although I think I am not going to watch it because I want to reach all the levels by myself. I even do not use the function to enter any given level.

Apart from that I try to survive taxi pong (that's the level I am stuck atm). I cannot dedicate too much time for playing but hope to get past this level soon.

Anyway, thanks for the game and therefore the fun I have with it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, patjomki said:

Hi,

thanks for the video although I think I am not going to watch it because I want to reach all the levels by myself. I even do not use the function to enter any given level.

Apart from that I try to survive taxi pong (that's the level I am stuck atm). I cannot dedicate too much time for playing but hope to get past this level soon.

Anyway, thanks for the game and therefore the fun I have with it. 

Hi Patjomki,

I really appreciate your challenging spirit in facing the game 💪
I am sure you will get through Taxi Pong in a short time... just to give you a little help, this is my strategy in that level:

I keep my Taxi in a safe zone just above the Pad and with the landing gear already open, I wait for the ball to move away. As soon as the ball moves away, I descend to land.
By doing so, I have time to take off again after picking up or delivering the customer.

image.thumb.png.8eb4b58461e72405f7e871f480b3a72f.png

Edited by Andreatari
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, TIX said:

That reminded me of the sprites I have designed about a year ago for an 7800 (probably abandoned) re-imagining of the game..

In case you are thinking about a "deluxe" version later on with alternate sprites, you can take a look in the page below:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/304672-cosmic-cabbie-wip/?do=findComment&comment=5103224

The passenger and TAXI look awesome. Especially TAXI would be a big improvement towards original.

Maybe Space TAXI Redux will happen one day? 🤞

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 3

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Space Taxi on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY

• Thanks 2

Hi all,

This is a short post but with an important message...

During the fantastic @ZeroPage Homebrew Live yesterday, James experienced a problem with the joystick fire button moving from the title to the selection menu.
I really thank him and his ability to find bugs because it was not easy to catch it 😜
Obviously I tested the game with several hardware configurations  and devices and all was working fine but finally, using a TAC-2 joystick,  I have been able to replicate the problem... and to solve it 😎

For this reason I have just released a 2.6 version absolutely identical to the previous one, except for a minor fine tuning in the fire button reading routine.
May be it was already working perfectly for you or maybe not but, in anycase, you can find the new
version 2.6 in @Philsan website:

https://www.santellocco.com/atari/spacetaxi.htm

Thank you all as usual...

Andrea

Edited by Andreatari
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Andreatari said:

During the fantastic @ZeroPage Homebrew Live yesterday, James experienced a problem with the joystick fire button moving from the title to the selection menu.
I really thank him and his ability to find bugs because it was not easy to catch it 😜

You're very welcome Andrea! It was an absolute pleasure to play Space Taxi on the ZPH stream again and check out all the great updates in the new version!

- James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Yellowman said:

In the next ABBUC magazine there will be a game test of Space Taxi V2.4, no V2.5, I updated it quickly.

Like, there is now V2.6, well there are more ABBUC Magazine issues ;)

We might make it a permanent feature series in the magazine "Space Taxi for Power Gamers".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yellowman said:

Finally intensively played the V2.5 at the Fujiama meeting.

In the next ABBUC magazine there will be a game test of Space Taxi V2.4, no V2.5, I updated it quickly.

Like, there is now V2.6, well there are more ABBUC Magazine issues ;)

I hope you enjoyd it 🤗
I really would have been there, at Fujiama meeting but honestly this year was impossible for me... anyway, the more ABBUC magazine issues we have, the better 💪

1 hour ago, DjayBee said:

We might make it a permanent feature series in the magazine "Space Taxi for Power Gamers".

🤣
My target is to reach Beta 99,9 😜
Joking aside, apart from bug fixes 2.5 was already complete and there will be no versions with particular additions or new features.
As I already told, I really would like to have a cartridge version but it's not easy to reorganize the program to fit 8K memory banks.

• Like 1

Can't get this game to load with 800xl + U1MB + Side3.

It does load on same system with Fujinet. Can you think of a Side3 specific setting that may be causing an issue? It just hangs on the blue screen.

So far I have tried version 2.5 and 2.6.

Here are my Side3 setting

IMG_4212.thumb.jpg.32c3ed037975de16d9255f3255a09890.jpgIMG_4213(1).thumb.jpg.35727320fa477e9b59e56c091f00ec43.jpg

47 minutes ago, Dantaipan said:

Can't get this game to load with 800xl + U1MB + Side3.

It does load on same system with Fujinet. Can you think of a Side3 specific setting that may be causing an issue? It just hangs on the blue screen.

So far I have tried version 2.5 and 2.6.

Here are my Side3 setting

IMG_4212.thumb.jpg.32c3ed037975de16d9255f3255a09890.jpgIMG_4213(1).thumb.jpg.35727320fa477e9b59e56c091f00ec43.jpg

Upload screenshots of your u1mb bios. It looks like you are trying to run the 128k game (It's an atr if I recall?) with the extended RAM turned off, the pbi bios disabled as well as the pbi hdd currently also disabled. They need to be enabled in the U1MB bios. Press help as the machine boots and in the U1MB bios enable pbi bios and hard disk and make sure your extended RAM is enabled. Just make it stock 1088k. I've not read this thread so if there is a reason it can't be 1088k then just chose one of the lower ram values. But basically at the moment you appear to be trying to run a 128k atr on stock 64k settings with no pbi bios/hdd enabled. 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Upload screenshots of your u1mb bios. It looks like you are trying to run the 128k game (It's an atr if I recall?) with the extended RAM turned off, the pbi bios disabled as well as the pbi hdd currently also disabled. They need to be enabled in the U1MB bios. Press help as the machine boots and in the U1MB bios enable pbi bios and hard disk and make sure your extended RAM is enabled. Just make it stock 1088k. I've not read this thread so if there is a reason it can't be 1088k then just chose one of the lower ram values. But basically at the moment you appear to be trying to run a 128k atr on stock 64k settings with no pbi bios/hdd enabled. 

That did it, thanks. I am not sure why that was disabled. It has admittedly been a few months since I ran this system.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dantaipan said:

That did it, thanks. I am not sure why that was disabled. It has admittedly been a few months since I ran this system.

ps Just a thought but if your U1MB is an older pcb and you think the settings were all correct/saved before, it could just be the button battery on the U1MB pcb needs replacing. You'll soon tell if you power up the machine again today and you have lost the settings you saved.

If not, then there maybe another reason. Anyway, fingers crossed all is well. Enjoy the game. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Tried Space Taxi for the first time today, what a great game!

I have one question: I am running the game on Altirra. It looks like the game is saving the high score table, but when I load the game next time, the high score table is empty. What am I doing wrong, or do I have to change some settings in Altirra (I am new to Altirra).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1