IGNORED

HSC20 Round 7: BRUCE LEE, RETURN of FURY & EEL ECURB

BRUCE LEE, RETURN OF FURY & EEL ECURB

At last Bruce wins the poll, looking forward to playing the 2 bonus games too. Please post any links with more info on these ;)

image.png.615073e97461410313cb2fcd37969d59.png

Posted this from last time we played back in HSC10:

If you have two sticks then someone else can control the Green Yamo and you can have some ninja bashing fun! The game is mainly a platformer though. There are a couple of bugs where you can get stuck falling onto the baddie to loop the scoreboard.

Only collect 1 extra life (On the first round of screens only: if you have less than three you can collect more so you have three lives in total)

Scoring based on progress

2pts for getting underground

3pts for reaching the red screens

4pts for getting back out (moaning beastie)

5pts for getting to the screen with the three pods

6pts for completing all three pods on the purple screen and getting to the light blue screen

+3pts bonus for anyone completing the game

+3pts bonus for anyone completing the game twice - it's more difficult the 2nd run through.

Downloads:

https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=1437

atarionline.pl XEX/ATRs

atarimania various versions & instructions

with a Brucie Bonus of the recent Return of Fury and Eel Ecurb - we'll have to make up the scoring so keep an eye on your progress please.

https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=8305

https://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=7728

image.pngEel Ecurb

Have fun, round ends Weds 26th Aproil 8pm UK time :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

4pts for getting back out (moaning beastie)

You just unlocked a memory in my brain - when I was a kid, my friends and I referred to that thing as the "burping bull". 🤣

Looking forward to getting some plays on these!!

• Like 2

Bruce Lee - made it to the first grey room (row 2, column 4 on the map linked by McKong). I suppose I was one room short of the three pods.

While I didn't expect Zorro to kick his way around, I expected that game to be closer to Bruce Lee in size than the puzzle game it turned out to be. Even Conan and the Goonies seem like bigger. I suppose the fact all four games have graphics by Kelly Day make them appear similar, though I realize there were different programmers behind: Ron J. Fortier, James Garon and Scott Spanburg/Robert Mirsky.

• Like 4

Bruce Lee: Completed the first loop, didn't pick up any extra lives, got to the three pods on the second loop before game over. The ninja and green yamo are so aggressive the second time through - if you get trapped in a corner (where you can't duck) you're done for.

Eel Ecurb: Only got a few screens into this one (I died on the screen with the four levels of electric floors). I thought this would be easier since I know my way around the original game, but I was wrong. 🙂 I wasn't aware of this version of the game - it's a clever idea.

• Like 2

Finished Return of Fury.

Really nice arrangement of the original set pieces.  Some crazy new puzzle rooms too!

Curiously, this game does not restart at the beginning when you beat it.  I let the (cool) ending music play for several minutes and nothing happened, Bruce would throw a punch if I pressed the fire button, but he otherwise wouldn't move.

image.png.5987d7e9f699f91bc72bb64d13d5f794.png

• Like 2

You guys will have to help me out with who is ahead of who but we can  do it all near the end of the round! I've just downloaded the games to floppies but not played yet!

Any thoughts for the next poll :?:will put this on in the next day or two, I have some ideas ;)

Currently loading on cassette on my repaired 1200xl.
I rember we used to start the load when we left for school in the morning and hope the cassette load hadn't failed when we got home in the afternoon.
Happy days

Managed to get underground on my first attempt so 2pts I guess.
Forgot how bad I am at this game :D

Edited by mimo
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 12:57 PM, mimo said:

Currently loading on cassette on my repaired 1200xl.
I rember we used to start the load when we left for school in the morning and hope the cassette load hadn't failed when we got home in the afternoon.
Happy days

Managed to get underground on my first attempt so 2pts I guess.
Forgot how bad I am at this game :D

Yes Happy Days M :thumbsup:

We went to my mates at lunch time but sometimes all we got was a Boot Error and had to try again after school!

New poll is here with some interesting choices - Atari still makes us all happy ;)
https://forums.atariage.com/topic/350564-hsc20-round-8-poll/

• Like 1