IGNORED

Trak-ball Controller for Jaguar

Rick Dangerous

We are playing Biopede in the Jaguar HSC currently and I was daydreaming about how amazing it would be to play with a Trak-ball.  I wonder if anyone has ever explored this?  @Bratwurst?

Also trying to think of other games that would benefit from it to make it more worthwhile.  Anyway, just a thought since the 2600, 5200, and 7800 ALL had Trak-Ball controllers :) 

Of course if these were made and readily available it might open up the homebrew market to make these types of games for use with this controller...

Edited by Rick Dangerous

The game would need to be coded for mouse support first. There are PS2 trackballs from what I can recall, which would probably work with the Jaguar mouse adapters out there. I could probably chop a trackball into a Jaguar controller shell then.. but for just one game... I have a lot of other projects on my bucket list. ;) Probably not going to see anything from me anytime soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm sure the thought of a Trak-Ball puts most people in mind of games like Centipede and Missile Command, but due to the ubiquity of their cabinets when I was growing up, I immediately think of Golden Tee. Maybe someone could finally make good on Jack Nicklaus' failed promises from all those years ago.

Jaguar Golf - Atari Jaguar - AtariAge Forums

My fave trackball game (and one of all-time faves period) is Reactor. Physics, graphics, sound all amazing.

Better tie in the Jag so as not to derail thread: A Jag version of Reactor would be fun (if I didn't have the arcade ROM).

That Jack Nicklaus golf game for the Jaguar was being made by the people who made Awesome Golf for the LYNX.  My most "wished it was finished" jag game for sure.  Golf is the best, even better as a video game!

Maybe someday we'll get a Mean 18 port from the ST? :D 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

That Jack Nicklaus golf game for the Jaguar was being made by the people who made Awesome Golf for the LYNX.  My most "wished it was finished" jag game for sure.  Golf is the best, even better as a video game!

Maybe someday we'll get a Mean 18 port from the ST? :D 

Love golf games. I use to be a golfer, but the time to play 18 holes became too much.  I switched to Racquetball, and now chase that dragon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

The back of the JaguarCD box had a screen shot of Jack Golf, right?

Yep, most of the games on the box weren't released. Looking at the back of the box is actually more fun than the majority of the Jag CD library so there's that at least.

• Haha 4

On 6/6/2023 at 6:23 PM, madman said:

Yep, most of the games on the box weren't released. Looking at the back of the box is actually more fun than the majority of the Jag CD library so there's that at least.

These are the games on the back of the Jag CD box.

Battlemorph - Released

Black Ice, White Noise - Never completed

Blue Lightning - Released

Brett Hull Hockey - Released unofficially

Creature Shock - Never completed

Demolition Man - Never completed

Dragon's Lair - Released

Highlander - Released

Jack Nicholas' Cyber Golf - Never completed

Robinson's Requiem - Released post Atari

Do the math. :ponder:

:-D