IGNORED

My 15 minutes of Atari fame.

El Destructo

Pacland - Harlequin did negotiate the licence for this one too, we did all the art prototyping on Pacland for Atari in 1990.

The game was given the green light based on the look and feel work we did. But then Atari pulled the XE line and the game never got beyond the scrolling landscape demo :-(

sTeVE

quote:

Originally posted by Joey Kay:

Debro

I remember spending hours playing Nuclear Reactor on my 130XE... thanks! I didn't get my Atari 8-bit computer until 1988 so I was a late-comer to the scene.

Cheers!

Wow, someone actually played that game . I'm shocked because it didn't measure up to the other quality games in Antic. I does give me a warm feeling to know that someone noticed it though.

Thanks Joey.

• 3 years later...
- Fortress (a Tetris clone co-written with Jeff Lawton, a.k.a. Zark Wizard.  I did most of the graphics, the music, and wrote a few of the assembler routines for character set animation and music playback.  I remain  uncredited for this one 'cos I left the 8-bit scene midway through its development around late 1989/early '90, which rather ticked Jeff off, so he removed my name from the credits out of spite.)

- BULL.MOD, a news bulletin/visitor comment/leech list module for Oasis BBS from versions 03/08 up through 4.0, written in MAC/65.  For some reason everyone was amazed at how fast the leech list calculated a user's time limit based on number of posts/uploads.  Its speed probably came from the fact that I never understood why others were so slow; I just calculated everything in real-time using variables already accessable from memory.  I also became a beta tester for Oasis during the Glenda Stocks days)

Bro I have no clue who you are, and claiming credit for stuff you had nothing to do with is bull.. I know you might want to sound like a hero, but the fact remains you are full of yourself..

Only one person worked on Fortress with me and that was Alfred (he coded some fast disk IO for me).. He was the guy that took over Oasis BBS.. No one designed the graphics for me, and I certainly wouldn't have been pissed if you went to an ST.. I could care less..

You didn't write the music playback, and I bet you can't even tell me how it was done.. Why? Because you didn't do it.. Don't give me this crap how you don't remember how to program in 6502.. Even after 15 years I can still tell you exactly how I did the Fortress code.. Every single bit of it.. Not only that I still have the code on disk, and I have the original code I wrote on paper.. So unless you write like me.. you need to find yourself a new dream.. I'll point Alfred in this direction as well to back me up because I was at his house most of the time while working on it. So unless you hung out with Alf and I.. which of course I know you didn't because we didn't hang out with many people you can stop the crap.

I am not going to say you didn't know me when I was living in TO.. EVERY knew Alf and I... If you had an Atari YOU KNEW us.. doesn't mean we knew you...

I was well known LONG before I lived in Toronto... As for coders the only decent coder I ever knew in Toronto was Alfred, and him and I are friends to this day.. I met a few others in Ontario that I helped with things they released, and I did TONs of Oasis BBS stuff for Alf.. Although I would suppose you want to try and claim credit for that stuff too...

Ease up on your bull.. Probably a little shocked I even found this.. It's amazing what a google search will turn up... I am flattered you would choose something I wrote to try to claim credit on.. The people that were involved got credit in the credits.. and you were not one of them...

Regards,

Zark Wizard

I

My ST years were a little more noteworthy, if no more prolific:

- FANSI!, to the best of my knowledge still the first and only full-colour, 80-column ANSI screen designer.  My inspiration came dually from Tim Miller's ANSITerm for the idea, and from CrackArt for the UI.  Written entirely in GFA, it rather wowed the crowd when I debuted it at a TAF user group meeting.  Didn't sell many copies, though -- the ST was in the process of dying at the time, and the BBS market was being overtaken by the Internet, so it was an app that was a little past its prime.

33326[/snapback]

Well, I can testify as to ANSI being popular with me! <grin> I'd have been lost trying to do ANSI graphics on my BBS without it. I know, we talked about this in the ST forum but I just found this thread here. :-)

As to my (small) 15 mins of fame, it would have to be as Sysop of the DarkForce! BBS. Well, I did write a couple of articles that were published in Current Notes. Man, I miss that magazine!

LOL this is an old post

my 15 mins

Count Down (Tyne Soft)

Heartache (Atari UK)

Plastron (Harlequin)

And i guess i was the one that kept a copy of the source files for Menace which i gave back to Steve to post on his site.

Source for the 3 games above have also been posted on Steves site. So you can see how they were done. There are also some of the tools included

:-)

Well, I did not gain any fame back in the day, but I do remember playing "Creepy Caverns" and "Nuclear Reactor". Got my first Atari, a 400 in 79 or 80, but I was only in Kindergarten at the time. Advanced from the 400 to a 130XE, to a 1Meg ST... Fame? No. Playing lots of games and logging in to BBSes. Yes! :)

- Fortress (a Tetris clone co-written with Jeff Lawton, a.k.a. Zark Wizard.  I did most of the graphics, the music, and wrote a few of the assembler routines for character set animation and music playback.  I remain  uncredited for this one 'cos I left the 8-bit scene midway through its development around late 1989/early '90, which rather ticked Jeff off, so he removed my name from the credits out of spite.)

I also became a beta tester for Oasis during the Glenda Stocks days)

Bro I have no clue who you are, and claiming credit for stuff you had nothing to do with is bull.. I know you might want to sound like a hero, but the fact remains you are full of yourself..

Zark Wizard

952943[/snapback]

So um... ya... Mindfield... Whats up with this?

LOL this is an old post

my 15 mins

Count Down (Tyne Soft)

Heartache (Atari UK)

Plastron (Harlequin)

And i guess i was the one that kept a copy of the source files for Menace which i gave back to Steve to post on his site.

Source for the 3 games above have also been posted on Steves site. So you can see how they were done. There are also some of the tools included

:-)

952998[/snapback]

JBJ/Plastron last i rememmber was an article in atari user (or was it NAU) that harlequin or something like harlequin had just gotten conversion rights (A8) to perperboy and ghosts and goblins/ghouls and ghosts (and various other well known ports to the A8), were there any truths behind this, if it was true, how far with the work/conversion did you get

I also remember seeing your stand at the atari organised computer show at Novotel Hammersmith (london), wasn't it atari 90's show or some thing like that

Anyway there was this kid (not me) playing your plastron game and asking the stand's proprietors 'how many colours does the atari have' or something like that (I was standing right next to him, i already had an orig. cass. version of plastron, now deathtrap... has it)

Edited by carmel_andrews

Bro I have no clue who you are, and claiming credit for stuff you had nothing to do with is bull..  I know you might want to sound like a hero, but the fact remains you are full of yourself..

Only one person worked on Fortress with me and that was Alfred (he coded some fast disk IO for me)..  He was the guy that took over Oasis BBS..  No one designed the graphics for me, and I certainly wouldn't have been pissed if you went to an ST..  I could care less.. 

You didn't write the music playback, and I bet you can't even tell me how it was done..  Why?  Because you didn't do it..  Don't give me this crap how you don't remember how to program in 6502..  Even after 15 years I can still tell you exactly how I did the Fortress code..  Every single bit of it..  Not only that I still have the code on disk, and I have the original code I wrote on paper..  So unless you write like me..  you need to find yourself a new dream..  I'll point Alfred in this direction as well to back me up because I was at his house most of the time while working on it.  So unless you hung out with Alf and I..  which of course I know you didn't because we didn't hang out with many people you can stop the crap.

I am not going to say you didn't know me when I was living in TO..  EVERY knew Alf and I...  If you had an Atari YOU KNEW us..  doesn't mean we knew you...

I was well known LONG before I lived in Toronto...  As for coders the only decent coder I ever knew in Toronto was Alfred, and him and I are friends to this day..  I met a few others in Ontario that I helped with things they released, and I did TONs of Oasis BBS stuff for Alf..  Although I would suppose you want to try and claim credit for that stuff too...

Ease up on your bull..  Probably a little shocked I even found this..  It's amazing what a google search will turn up...  I am flattered you would choose something I wrote to try to claim credit on..  The people that were involved got credit in the credits..  and you were not one of them...

Regards,

Zark Wizard

952943[/snapback]

Jeez, Jeff. You remember every bit of 6502, but apparently not many of the people you dealt with on a personal level. Okay, let's take this from the top:

- Who worked on Fortress? Frankly, I don't remember Alfred contributing a single line of code -- but then since I left the project halfway through (before any of the actual gameplay code was done) I don't know who did what after that. I do, however, recall sitting on the phone with you discussing the music code as I was attempting to convert the BASIC code line-by-line into equivalent assembler routs. I'll grant you that you did the final, actual code, though, but I spent several hours working out the basics (so to speak). The music was (as a previous poster pointed out) taken from a BASIC demo (I think it was for TurboBasic, which I was programming in at the time parallel to assembler) that I had ripped out the music for in order to attempt the conversion to assembler. I also recall sitting at your house, you sitting beside me, your girlfriend Tina in the background watching TV or puttering about, and your mammoth boa constrictor in its tank. I recall quite vividly sitting there working out the animation code for the redefined char set that would serve as the background menu animation, working out the routines with you. (As you might recall I was fairly proficient writing modules for Oasis but I hadn't yet worked out hot to write standalone code working with graphics, so I was sort of learning it as I went) I also recall quite well sitting at home in RAMbrandt designing the title screen, title graphics, and so on. I also remember designing the redefined character set -- I can't recall what program I used but I think it was Character Construction Set or something like that, a type-in from an ANALOG magazine.

- I never hung out with Alfred -- I think I visited him once, and recall his basement, which looked sort of like an electronics surplus store exploded all over it. I thought that was just cool. Messy, but cool. (But then i've always been a tech geek. :))

- I don't think you ever came to my house -- at that time I would have been living in North York, while you were in Toronto proper. (Don't ask me where exactly; it's been too long and I don't rightly remember.

- Other things I remember: You having a Sega Master System, and me playing it at your place (my first personal experience with one, I might add) and rather liking it. I can't remember what it was I was playing, but I think it was a platformer of some sort. Then there was a tentative, and very early scheme to take over Oasis BBS when we learned that Glenda Stocks was looking to sell. I believe Alfred eventually ended up buying the rights off of her. I also remember you and I worked together at a Coles bookstore (you the assistant manager, me working cash and stock) in a mall in Scarborough. We both ended up getting the boot for calling in sick on the same day. (Well, I assume that's why we were fired anyway, or something related to that fact)

And I wasn't trying to look like any kind of hero. It was a game. There's hardly any hero worship in that -- unless your name is David Crane. :ponder:

Incidentally, you may not remember my real name, but perhaps you might recognize my old alter-ego: DragonLord.

Edited by Mindfield

Bro I have no clue who you are, and claiming credit for stuff you had nothing to do with is bull..  I know you might want to sound like a hero, but the fact remains you are full of yourself..

Only one person worked on Fortress with me and that was Alfred (he coded some fast disk IO for me)..  He was the guy that took over Oasis BBS..  No one designed the graphics for me, and I certainly wouldn't have been pissed if you went to an ST..  I could care less.. 

You didn't write the music playback, and I bet you can't even tell me how it was done..  Why?  Because you didn't do it..  Don't give me this crap how you don't remember how to program in 6502..  Even after 15 years I can still tell you exactly how I did the Fortress code..  Every single bit of it..  Not only that I still have the code on disk, and I have the original code I wrote on paper..  So unless you write like me..  you need to find yourself a new dream..  I'll point Alfred in this direction as well to back me up because I was at his house most of the time while working on it.  So unless you hung out with Alf and I..  which of course I know you didn't because we didn't hang out with many people you can stop the crap.

I am not going to say you didn't know me when I was living in TO..  EVERY knew Alf and I...  If you had an Atari YOU KNEW us..  doesn't mean we knew you...

I was well known LONG before I lived in Toronto...  As for coders the only decent coder I ever knew in Toronto was Alfred, and him and I are friends to this day..  I met a few others in Ontario that I helped with things they released, and I did TONs of Oasis BBS stuff for Alf..  Although I would suppose you want to try and claim credit for that stuff too...

Ease up on your bull..  Probably a little shocked I even found this..  It's amazing what a google search will turn up...  I am flattered you would choose something I wrote to try to claim credit on..  The people that were involved got credit in the credits..  and you were not one of them...

Regards,

Zark Wizard

952943[/snapback]

Jeez, Jeff. You remember every bit of 6502, but apparently not many of the people you dealt with on a personal level. Okay, let's take this from the top:

- Who worked on Fortress? Frankly, I don't remember Alfred contributing a single line of code -- but then since I left the project halfway through (before any of the actual gameplay code was done) I don't know who did what after that. I do, however, recall sitting on the phone with you discussing the music code as I was attempting to convert the BASIC code line-by-line into equivalent assembler routs. I'll grant you that you did the final, actual code, though, but I spent several hours working out the basics (so to speak). The music was (as a previous poster pointed out) taken from a BASIC demo (I think it was for TurboBasic, which I was programming in at the time parallel to assembler) that I had ripped out the music for in order to attempt the conversion to assembler. I also recall sitting at your house, you sitting beside me, your girlfriend Tina in the background watching TV or puttering about, and your mammoth boa constrictor in its tank. I recall quite vividly sitting there working out the animation code for the redefined char set that would serve as the background menu animation, working out the routines with you. (As you might recall I was fairly proficient writing modules for Oasis but I hadn't yet worked out hot to write standalone code working with graphics, so I was sort of learning it as I went) I also recall quite well sitting at home in RAMbrandt designing the title screen, title graphics, and so on. I also remember designing the redefined character set -- I can't recall what program I used but I think it was Character Construction Set or something like that, a type-in from an ANALOG magazine.

- I never hung out with Alfred -- I think I visited him once, and recall his basement, which looked sort of like an electronics surplus store exploded all over it. I thought that was just cool. Messy, but cool. (But then i've always been a tech geek. :))

- I don't think you ever came to my house -- at that time I would have been living in North York, while you were in Toronto proper. (Don't ask me where exactly; it's been too long and I don't rightly remember.

- Other things I remember: You having a Sega Master System, and me playing it at your place (my first personal experience with one, I might add) and rather liking it. I can't remember what it was I was playing, but I think it was a platformer of some sort. Then there was a tentative, and very early scheme to take over Oasis BBS when we learned that Glenda Stocks was looking to sell. I believe Alfred eventually ended up buying the rights off of her. I also remember you and I worked together at a Coles bookstore (you the assistant manager, me working cash and stock) in a mall in Scarborough. We both ended up getting the boot for calling in sick on the same day. (Well, I assume that's why we were fired anyway, or something related to that fact)

And I wasn't trying to look like any kind of hero. It was a game. There's hardly any hero worship in that -- unless your name is David Crane. :ponder:

Incidentally, you may not remember my real name, but perhaps you might recognize my old alter-ego: DragonLord.

954275[/snapback]

Mindfield... David Crane is old school, like you and i and everyone else here on this FORUM, but he's still a GOD, just like Chris Crawford, Fernando Hererra, Chris Grey/Gray, John Williams (English Software), Doug Crockford, et al

FYI...

Ghosts and Goblins

Paperboy

Pacland

Last Ninja II

Barbarian

These are the "other titles" Harelquin had the rights to, at the moment all I can find are my original XE sprite and tile sets (on the ST) from Pacland (see my website).

There were short demos of Pacland, Barbarian and Last Ninja II done in the last few weeks of Harlequin's life. Paperboy and G 'n' G existed only as a signed contract with Elite systems (I have that still somewhere I am sure, along with all the other contracts, perhaps I'll scan them in one day and put them on the wesite).

sTeVE

Mindfield... David Crane is old school, like you and i and everyone else here on this FORUM, but he's still a GOD, just like Chris Crawford, Fernando Hererra, Chris Grey/Gray, John Williams (English Software), Doug Crockford, et al

954523[/snapback]

Hence the "unless your name is David Crane" (i.e. a hero worthy of veneration)

954523[/snapback]

Hence the "unless your name is David Crane" (i.e. a hero worthy of veneration)

954565[/snapback]

So Mindfield, were you coding pretty much at the same time, or later on, did you do anything else apart from 'Fortress'

JBJ/Plastron, are you going to do a follow up to Plastron

So Mindfield, were you coding pretty much at the same time, or later on, did you do anything else apart from 'Fortress'

JBJ/Plastron, are you going to do a follow up to Plastron

954572[/snapback]

Fortress was done between 1989-1990, so it was rather after Crane et al (and my involvement with Fortress ended around Christmas of '89). Aside from that I didn't really do anything of significant note; I programmed a rather crap game called Dog Gone! in A8 BASIC (my first real game, done around 1987), as well as a sort of upgraded version of an ANALOG type-in called Darkstar, which I renamed "Nibbler" (due to its slight resemblance to the arcade game of the same name) done in compiled Turbo Basic. Dog Gone! never really got uploaded to anything other than a few local boards -- ditto Nibbler. I also wrote a few BBS modules for OasisBBS, most significantly a bulletin module that for whatever reason seemed to impress various SysOps due to the speed of the leech list. (I never understood that though, as my question was always "Why is everyone else's so slow?).

Other than that I didn't really do much of anything until the ST.

Edited by Mindfield

I gained a bit of fame back in the day by removing some uhhh "inconvenient" code in certain games :)

I was surprised to find some of my handiwork widely distributed, even overseas. I also wrote a few utilities for the ST. One I remember was a graphics converter I believe, I remember being proud of some DMA driven code in it. Actually got some registrations (postcards) from users too. Someone sent me a six pack.

Was pretty cool.

- I never hung out with Alfred -- I think I visited him once, and recall his basement, which looked sort of like an electronics surplus store exploded all over it.  I thought that was just cool.  Messy, but cool.  (But then i've always been a tech geek.  :))

I hung out with Alf A LOT in Toronto.. he lived very close to me. The only thing you ever did for me was name the best Atari coder in Toronto.. You refered me to Alf.. other than that aside from me teaching you about programming and explaining concepts to you.. I don't recall you ever coding anything of note on the Atari. You disappeared shortly after I met Alf during which time I coded Fortress. Most of it in his basement.

I know who you are.. You still didn't do anything on Fortress.. I told my wife about it and she started laughing commenting on how you were the kid that wanted to be recognised and she didn't understand why I even gave you the time of day to try and help you out...

Either way I see where it got me.. You trying to claim credit for work you never did.. I will argue the point till the cows come home.. To this day Alfred (whom is now on these forums) is the ONLY person that did anything on Fortress other than me. For that he got credit in the program.

You have no concept of how the graphics routines were even coded, or what I had to do to write the music code..

You can say what ever you like bro.. in the end.. you know you didn't code crap..

While I will admit I know who you are, I will also say you are the same little kid that wanted to be great, but just wasn't.

So much for me being a nice guy...

Regards,

Zark Wizard

I hung out with Alf A LOT in Toronto..  he lived very close to me.  The only thing you ever did for me was name the best Atari coder in Toronto..  You refered me to Alf..  other than that aside from me teaching you about programming and explaining concepts to you..  I don't recall you ever coding anything of note on the Atari.  You disappeared shortly after I met Alf during which time I coded Fortress.  Most of it in his basement.

I don't know anything about "Fortess" or this friction between the 2 of you, so I won't comment on that, but....

"I don't recall you ever coding anything of note on the Atari."

Well, I can tell you he did "Fansi", an ANSI editor. Its totally awesome and I use it no end on my BBS. In fact, I couldn't have done the ANSI screens on my BBS without it.

So yeah, he did something "of note" on the Atari.

While I will admit I know who you are, I will also say you are the same little kid that wanted to be great, but just wasn't.

Regards,

Zark Wizard

Speaking from personal experience, Eric has always come across as a very nice individual. I see no reason to change that opinion.

I hung out with Alf A LOT in Toronto..  he lived very close to me.  The only thing you ever did for me was name the best Atari coder in Toronto..  You refered me to Alf..  other than that aside from me teaching you about programming and explaining concepts to you..  I don't recall you ever coding anything of note on the Atari.  You disappeared shortly after I met Alf during which time I coded Fortress.  Most of it in his basement.

Only the in-game stuff, which I had nothing to do with. Most of the bits prior to that was done at your place.

I know who you are..  You still didn't do anything on Fortress..  I told my wife about it and she started laughing commenting on how you were the kid that wanted to be recognised and she didn't understand why I even gave you the time of day to try and help you out...

Granted, my contribution to actual 6502 code was kept fairly minimum -- my experience in 6502 hadn't much extended itself to graphics or sound programming by that point, since the majority of what I'd done up until then were Oasis BBS modules and little utilities for my own personal use. Just the same, the title screen, menu graphics, font and background menu animation were mine. I even had my alias initials (DL) on the title screen -- though they "mysteriously" vanished in the final cut.

Either way I see where it got me..  You trying to claim credit for work you never did..  I will argue the point till the cows come home..  To this day Alfred (whom is now on these forums) is the ONLY person that did anything on Fortress other than me.  For that he got credit in the program.

Wow. Does federal law require you to slap a "wide load" sticker on that ego?

You have no concept of how the graphics routines were even coded, or what I had to do to write the music code..

You're right. I left the 8-bit before I'd really progressed that far. The extent of my knowledge of 8-bit programming was primarily general 8-bit architecture, Atari BASIC and Turbo BASIC, and some 6502 (in the latter case, not yet including graphics or sound programming). About all I can safely say with any degree of accuracy is that the audio routine sits in the vertical blank. Not unusual -- most such routines do.

You can say what ever you like bro..  in the end..  you know you didn't code crap.. 

Not much crap anyway. Mostly the graphics, and the contribution of the audio (the actual music of which wasn't mine but the sketching out of the routines were -- even though you did the final writeup on those as well since it was still beyond my abilities)

Whatever. This is obviously far more important to you than it is to me. I know what role I played and that's all that matters. "Greatness" never factored into anything I've ever done except inasmuch as I wanted it to be as great as I could make it, whatever "it" happened to be. I programmed because I liked it, and usually because I wanted to see something that didn't yet exist -- or didn't exist quite the way I wanted it anyway. Being "great" in popular terms has never entered into it -- I'm just not interested. I do what I like. If others like it, great -- I'm glad I did something someone else enjoyed. If not -- hey, I like it, and that makes me happy. Besides -- if I wanted to falsely claim credit for something, there are eleventy billion other, better pieces of software I could have attempted to attach my name to, so why would I pick some obscure shareware program? That's just absurd.

If you want all of the credit by all means, grab a napkin and help yourself. If you don't want to admit I had anything at all to with it, be my guest. I really couldn't care less. Just don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

I don't know anything about "Fortess" or this friction between the 2 of you, so I won't comment on that, but....

"I don't recall you ever coding anything of note on the Atari."

Well, I can tell you he did "Fansi", an ANSI editor. Its totally awesome and I use it no end on my BBS. In fact, I couldn't have done the ANSI screens on my BBS without it.

So yeah, he did something "of note" on the Atari.

Speaking from personal experience, Eric has always come across as a very nice individual. I see no reason to change that opinion.

954783[/snapback]

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but you're probably shooting twinkies at a brick wall; Jeff made up his mind a long time ago that he didn't want any mention of me in Fortress, so that's his beef. You'll just as soon eliminate the federal deficit with bake sales and butterflies as change his mind -- and that's fine. He can do what he wants as long as there's still a pleasant breeze in his world.

But I appreciate the effort just the same. :)

Sorry, did i mention that i knew (somewhat personally) the programmer behind thunderfox and sidewinder (he used to live down the road from me in Grays inn) Noel Daniels (nice geezer)

Also at the Atari 90's show (i think) I caught a butchers for quite a few minutes of Atari UK's MD (managing Director) Bob Gleadow, he was at the far end of the room/hall as I was coming through the partition double doors

I am presently in communication (by email) with one of the ex directors and founders of ComputerHouse UK (i went down there a few times when i was heavy into my use of things Atari)

Lastly i happened to get on well with the founders of BaPAUG and their 8:16 newsletter, as they always seemed to spot me at the various Atari shows

I used to chat with the 4Play folks (Battlesphere) on IRC back in the mid-90s. They were always nice folks to talk to, and it was cool discussing the latest additions to Battlesphere as they were working on them. (This was of course before the Jag died).

I also used to talk extensively with Andrew Whittaker (Quasitron, Magnetron on Spectrum, Alien vs. Predator on PC and Jaguar, etc.) -- I think I mentioned that already earlier (and several years ago) in this thread. Awesome guy, he was. Pity I never got to do the music for his game before the bottom fell out of the Jag market. I wonder what he's up to these days? I sincerely doubt he got out of the video game business. He knew how to make some damn fine software.

I used to chat with the 4Play folks (Battlesphere) on IRC back in the mid-90s.  They were always nice folks to talk to, and it was cool discussing the latest additions to Battlesphere as they were working on them.  (This was of course before the Jag died).

I also used to talk extensively with Andrew Whittaker (Quasitron, Magnetron on Spectrum, Alien vs. Predator on PC and Jaguar, etc.) -- I think I mentioned that already earlier (and several years ago) in this thread.  Awesome guy, he was.  Pity I never got to do the music for his game before the bottom fell out of the Jag market.  I wonder what he's up to these days?  I sincerely doubt he got out of the video game business.  He knew how to make some damn fine software.

955769[/snapback]

Mindfield... Was AW UK based or US based, he must have known Steve Turner ( i think) programmer of magnetron, ST was i think UK based