IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

Having watched Al's process over the years with PRGE Games he doesn't really do "small batches first".  

My guess is he will build ALL of the Last Chance Orders in one shot. I know he has posted he had to order more shells for 2600 and 7800 games. He also had to get some more boxes and manuals printed to meet the demand. 

I really his general process hasn't changed over the years which seems to be the fairest which is First In, First out. Meaning, the people who ordered their Last Chance Games on the first day are likely the orders that are gonna ship first unless there are items that are back ordered that are needed to complete a particular order.

I am not speaking for Al, but I have made some observations over the years as he has done these PRGE runs and I am sure he will handle the LAST CHANCE run the same way. He has perfected his system over the years. I doubt he is gonna try something new or different at this point. I have always said with PRGE purchases you must be patient, he is dealing with a LARGE number of orders and they are all built by him one at a time, and it's not his day job. ;) 

• Like 3

On 8/15/2023 at 3:36 PM, john_q_atari said:

It wasn't a criticism or anything. I just figure it's going to be quite awhile before anything ships. 

I know and thats why I put smile emojis, but I didn't ask everyone if I needed to be patient, when he said a month long wait or more patience was obvious...I just asked if any smaller orders have started arriving since its been a month long wait or more, clearly they haven't and thats fine...I can wait until Christmas, or even longer... but I don't think politely checking on the progress after 7 weeks makes me impatient.  I'm just excited 😁 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Give him a break. He just started a full time job in addition to the overtime job he has running AtariAge. It's more than likely overwhelming. I have a full time job and run an automation company on the side. Time is not as easy to come by as people who have only one job think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/22/2023 at 5:01 PM, Stephen said:

Not yet.

1 hour ago, Zonie said:

Give him a break. He just started a full time job in addition to the overtime job he has running AtariAge. It's more than likely overwhelming. I have a full time job and run an automation company on the side. Time is not as easy to come by as people who have only one job think.

I did not post a reply in a negative way.  Hopefully it was not seen that way.  I am well aware of the time and effort that this sale will take, I knew this going into the purchase.

Apologies if this was not meant for me, but I had to clarify either way.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Cafeman said:

I knew it'd be a while so I don't care when my order is shipped. But I've read comments that the Atari purchase of AA would help Al.  But how? It seems he's still doing all the work. 

This is not something that will happen overnight, it's going to take some time. We know what needs to happen, though, and both myself and Atari are very eager to follow through.

..Al

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Albert said:

This is not something that will happen overnight, it's going to take some time. We know what needs to happen, though, and both myself and Atari are very eager to follow through.

..Al

I PMd you to that effect a while ago, but I understand that you've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger, and probably haven't had a moment to breathe let alone check messages.

On 10/16/2023 at 11:58 PM, groundtrooper said:

Every time someone asks the first ship date gets bumped out 2 weeks. Just stop people and be patient! Like Axl said!

image.gif.c4dc81a108ca2833498ce5959d2bbccf.gif

Everyone that has asked about their orders has been very polite... and honestly, posts like this make me think you're trying to start something with them. Its pseudo-trolling...

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

Everyone that has asked about their orders has been very polite... and honestly, posts like this make me think you're trying to start something with them. Its pseudo-trolling...

Since then, Al has sent out an email to (Tuesday 10/17) in the evening to bring everyone up to date, so there is no misunderstanding, misinterpretation, or lack of information to all stakeholders. 

It is posted below, so everyone is on the same page:

Greetings!

I'm writing to give you another update on your outstanding "Last Chance!" order in the AtariAge Store. 

First, I would like to thank you for your patience with your order (or orders!)  I know it's taking a long time to get these orders built and shipped, and please trust me when I say that I am extraordinarily motivated to get them delivered to everyone.  

Now that this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo is behind me, my primary focus for the remainder of the year is to get all these games built and shipped.  There are over 1,000 orders, so obviously that's a momentous amount of work!  Especially as many of the games are built by hand, although I will be using flash-boards for nearly all the 2600 games, so that will certainly save me time.  But everyone will get their games, and I will not sacrifice quality in assembly of the physical cartridges or printed materials in attempts to get them done more quickly.

I do now have all the additional printed materials on-hand for those games for which I needed to order more.  It was important to me that everyone be able to buy boxed copies of these games for those who wanted them.  I now have all the boxes, manuals, and labels I need!  

Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email from the store with the tracking number.  Please make sure you have whitelisted "sales@atariage.com" to ensure you see emails from the store.  Some of the larger email services like to sometimes mark emails from the store as spam since the store sends out a fair bit of email, same with the forum.  

Again, I thank you for your patience, as well as your support of AtariAge and the amazing people creating these fantastic homebrew games!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you and take care,

..Al
  • Like 2

I own an independent record label and distribution.  We've had thousands of pre orders at a time before. Even with several people, it took us several weeks to dig out. 

Most customers are very patient but you do get one or two that are very demanding. The best thing you can do is let the man get busy. Trust the process. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dark Descent said:

I own an independent record label and distribution.  We've had thousands of pre orders at a time before. Even with several people, it took us several weeks to dig out. 

Most customers are very patient but you do get one or two that are very demanding. The best thing you can do is let the man get busy. Trust the process. 

Wait, are you THAT Dark Descent? If so, take all my money for the next 5 Blood Incantation releases, you son of a bitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3