IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

11 hours ago, Albert said:

That sums it up rather well.  :)

..Al

I've been around the block. No matter how well you get info out, there will always be one or two. Sometimes you just have to refund to maintain your sanity. 

Plus you have guys like me throwing in orders while you're still trying to catch up! Good luck!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 10:07 PM, Albert said:

That sums it up rather well.  :)

..Al

Wow...

I really hope you guys are referring to someone/something else I didn't see but if a "very demanding customer" is the few people (myself included) that simply asked if anyone got their games yet then I'll admit, Im not taking that comment well...

Guess we're not allowed to be excited either...

Ok, sit down and shut up, message received...the last thing I want to be is a very demanding customer ☹ my apologies I guess

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Wow...

I really hope you guys are referring to someone/something else I didn't see but if a "very demanding customer" is the few people (myself included) that simply asked if anyone got their games yet then I'll admit, Im not taking that comment well...

Ok, sit down and shut up, message received...the last thing I want to be is a very demanding customer ☹ my apologies I guess

No need to apologize, you are taking this the wrong way, I'm not criticizing anyone in this thread at all!  I very much know that everyone is eager to get their games, and I'm also very much motivated to get all these games built and shipped.  The vast, vast majority of people are patient and understand the unique nature of this situation and the sheer amount of work involved in getting past this mountain of orders.  But there will always be people who are not familiar with AtariAge, that most games are (currently) built by hand to order, that it's a time consuming process, or that I had a huge surge of orders, so they may become impatient.  Usually when I explain the situation they better understand, it's rarely an issue.

..Al

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Crazy Climber said:

Wow...

Sorry. I didn't read your comment so I was not speaking about you. My comment was in general as someone with experience shipping large quantities of orders. By demanding, I meant customers that are very impatient and threaten chargebacks or generally send countless emails after it's been explained. I have dozens of these through the years.  Again, my comments weren't intended about you specifically. 

• Like 1

I haven't been following this thread since I'm not in a rush to have more games taunting me for my lack of free time. Howbeit, as my brain strode toward consciousness this morn, I had dream/nightmare that Albert had been arrested and his computer confiscated. I couldn't discern whether it was due to the delays in shipping the last-chance sale items or some other problem.

I'll let him decide if this dream was a message beamed into my noggin by our new corporate overlords to make with the games before Atari Kops show up and say, "Nice mail-order bidness you got here. Be a shame if something happened to it."

Edited by Editorb
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, envytomdead2 said:

Ha I love it underground metal heads who love Atari. I play in a band called Imperial Savagery our last album was on HPGD.

What the hell’s going on in this thread? Lashing the Feral Swine ruled by the way. Y’all got a new one in the pipeline? Any other death/grind musicians trying to score Atari merch? We should form a retro themed noise/grind band.

I’m not sure if the tapes still exist (pre digital) but one of my bands once did a 3 song cycle, in the style of later years’ Entombed (To Ride…) based on the Jag version of Cannon Fodder. 

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 2

I think that "The Purge" is total absolute bulls***!!!

It WAS INDEED the homebrew community that made me serious about Atari again, had it not been for great programmers and developers such as John Champeau @johnnywc, Bob Decrecenzo @PacManPlus, Dennis Debro @DEBRO, @splendidnut, @Silvio Mogno, @RaymanC, @Ryan Witmer and countless others I would never have gotten a 2600. Or even gotten back into my 5200, nor gotten the 7800 and XEGS.

This is an intimidation tactic used by big corporate to scare us out if doing SUPERIOR ports of the 1980s classics we played as kids.

All that technology and knowledge we gained over these past 40 years is now FOR NOTHING!!!

DPC+, ARM, Dual bank-switching, all gone to waste, I must go now and download all of the games i can find before they go after those sites too!!! I'm not gonna name any of the sites you already know them it's just that I don't want Big Brother to find them first!!!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

It WAS INDEED the homebrew community that made me serious about Atari again, had it not been for great programmers and developers such as John Champeau @johnnywc, Bob Decrecenzo @PacManPlus, Dennis Debro @DEBRO, @splendidnut, @Silvio Mogno, @RaymanC, @Ryan Witmer and countless others I would never have gotten a 2600. Or even gotten back into my 5200, nor gotten the 7800 and XEGS.

This is an intimidation tactic used by big corporate to scare us out if doing SUPERIOR ports of the 1980s classics we played as kids.

All that technology and knowledge we gained over these past 40 years is now FOR NOTHING!!!

DPC+, ARM, Dual bank-switching, all gone to waste, I must go now and download all of the games i can find before they go after those sites too!!! I'm not gonna name any of the sites you already know them it's just that I don't want Big Brother to find them first!!!

image.jpeg.8db58b5bf63cf02739399c4dbed0cdbe.jpeg

• Haha 7

27 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Haha 3

On 10/21/2023 at 7:36 AM, Dark Descent said:

Yes, that's me.

We have a huge new release announcing in Dec. If you like BI, you should know this one. 

I see you're an underground musician too, as was I at one time. You already know it's tough for US to get noticed in this business by the mainstream because people like myself live here in highly-isolated, sparsely-populated, densely-rural Jefferson County/Port Townsend, are considered as just a bunch of "hicks" because we don't live in "the big city", despite the fact that WE HAVE THE SAME TALENT as "big city"-based acts do.

WE are the ones who get thrown UNDER THE BUS because "we're not on the radio" (these idiot kids think that because we're not on their phone on the iHeartRadio app or on 102.7 KIIS-FM that we're "no good") or that we're not Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift. WE'RE JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN THEY ARE, they should/should've (for me should've considering I'm 57 and past my prime and retired as of last year because of being ignored for 28 years) give us a chance!!! Send me (at least) an mp3 or a PayPal or Venmo address so I can get your CD and support hard-working independent artists like you, hey, I wasn't "The Heavy Metal Warrior" for many years before becoming AK47 for nothing!!! Always looking to discover new underground talent like you guys!!!

To how this relates to the most recent "purge" of the vast majority of homebrews and hacks in the AA store, yes, I guess this is what happens when the "mainstream" discovers the kind of entertainment you put out and gets SO butt-hurt about bullshit "IP rights" and tells/orders you to take it down, much like when YouTube and Facebook's infamous anti-underground/pro-corporate algorithms discovered my superior music and get butt-hurt over one bitty sample loop I use as a beat for my raps (as AK47) or an audio clip from a TV show or movie like most bands in our shared underground scene like White Zombie/Rob Zombie do/did in our songs.

It makes me think TWICE before putting out another record if I do because of things like this.

But anyhow, PM me about that new album and I'll check her out too, and maybe I'll send you an mp3 file of my legendary 1997 release from my old band S.M.F., "...and Proud of It", if you like Billy Milano/S.O.D./M.O.D. or D.R.I. you'll enjoy my work I put out as The Heavy Metal Warrior with S.M.F. 

Edited by BIGHMW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGHMW said:

I see you're an underground musician too, as was I at one time. You already know it's tough for US to get noticed in this business by the mainstream because people like myself live here in highly-isolated, sparsely-populated, densely-rural Jefferson County/Port Townsend, are considered as just a bunch of "hicks" because we don't live in "the big city", despite the fact that WE HAVE THE SAME TALENT as "big city"-based acts do.

WE are the ones who get thrown UNDER THE BUS because "we're not on the radio" (these idiot kids think that because we're not on their phone on the iHeartRadio app or on 102.7 KIIS-FM that we're "no good") or that we're not Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift. WE'RE JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN THEY ARE, they should/should've (for me should've considering I'm 57 and past my prime and retired as of last year because of being ignored for 28 years) give us a chance!!! Send me (at least) an mp3 or a PayPal or Venmo address so I can get your CD and support hard-working independent artists like you, hey, I wasn't "The Heavy Metal Warrior" for many years before becoming AK47 for nothing!!! Always looking to discover new underground talent like you guys!!!

To how this relates to the most recent "purge" of the vast majority of homebrews and hacks in the AA store, yes, I guess this is what happens when the "mainstream" discovers the kind of entertainment you put out and gets SO butt-hurt about bullshit "IP rights" and tells/orders you to take it down, much like when YouTube and Facebook's infamous anti-underground/pro-corporate algorithms discovered my superior music and get butt-hurt over one bitty sample loop I use as a beat for my raps (as AK47) or an audio clip from a TV show or movie like most bands in our shared underground scene like White Zombie/Rob Zombie do/did in our songs.

It makes me think TWICE before putting out another record if I do because of things like this.

But anyhow, PM me about that new album and I'll check her out too, and maybe I'll send you an mp3 file of my legendary 1997 release from my old band S.M.F., "...and Proud of It", if you like Billy Milano/S.O.D./M.O.D. or D.R.I. you'll enjoy my work I put out as The Heavy Metal Warrior with S.M.F. 

Hell yeah. The Heavy Metal Warrior!  

I'm not a musician, just the guy that owns the label.  We've been around 14 years. We've had our bouts of being discovered commercially, but this music isn't commercial music. I'm very happy staying in my lane and discovering bands that will later become staples in the style. 

Still a very small operation. It's been my only gig since I retired from the service 11 years ago. You can search Matt Calvert Dark Descent to read up a little. I've done plenty of interviews over the years. 

You can hear it all for free on our bandcamp page. Newest releases at top.  

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/

Anyway, I always like talking metal but I love Atari.  It helps me clear my mind after full days of calls, emails and packages. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

What the hell’s going on in this thread? Lashing the Feral Swine ruled by the way. Y’all got a new one in the pipeline? Any other death/grind musicians trying to score Atari merch? We should form a retro themed noise/grind band.

Yes! We should call it Demon Attack!

Thanks for the kind words! We are working on a follow-up to Lashing The Feral Swine. We have about 9 songs in various states of completion. 

4 hours ago, Dark Descent said:

Right on. I don't know your band but I know Mike at hpgd.  

Mike is great dude! Easy to work with. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are only going to find it by looking on the secondary market, eBay, FB Marketplace, etc. 

The ROM is available for free download here in the forums and then you could play it on a 7800 Multicart like the Concerto, 7800 GameDrive or the Dragonfly if you are using a 7800 console. If you are wanting to play it on a 2600+ then that it probably isn’t an option. 

• Like 1