IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Well, my order from July 7 or so still hasn’t shipped, and that’s only about halfway through the initial Last Chance Sale window. Maybe I’ll have my four carts before spring. Maybe. :) 

Same - how many games did you order if I may ask?  I wanted to order more but could only afford 3.

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Well, my order from July 7 or so still hasn’t shipped, and that’s only about halfway through the initial Last Chance Sale window. Maybe I’ll have my four carts before spring. Maybe. :) 

Same day as mine and in the same boat.

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Same - how many games did you order if I may ask?  I wanted to order more but could only afford 3.

To keep mine under control I limit my orders to $400... Being in the UK, that doesn't go quite as far as I'd hope. There were loads I had to pass up on. I've been wanting to put in a similar sized order since the PRGE stuff went up, but I'd rather get these in my hands before I send another $400 into the ether until 2025.

AAOrder.thumb.jpeg.e713ddf17f85bb220f0bf3e24f8aa77e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Stephen said:

LOL, brother - it’s in the post you quoted. :) I limited myself to four because I wanted boxed versions. I could have ordered dozens if I hadn’t given myself a budget. 

2 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

LOL, brother - it’s in the post you quoted. :) I limited myself to four because I wanted boxed versions. I could have ordered dozens if I hadn’t given myself a budget. 

Man - I need to go back to bed.  Recovering from bronchitis, had a fever for 4 days, 2 of them at 103F.  I hope the brain fog isn't permanent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Man - I need to go back to bed.  Recovering from bronchitis, had a fever for 4 days, 2 of them at 103F.  I hope the brain fog isn't permanent.

Aww, man, that sucks. I hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bent_pin said:

Haven't seen anyone here who particularly needs to, have you?

Me neither, and for what its worth I thought his comment to you was pretty rude and definitely unwarranted...

On 2/20/2024 at 4:29 PM, Zonie said:

but them the whiners are probably all Zoomers...

Just curious, who's "the whiners" ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

Me neither, and for what its worth I thought his comment to you was pretty rude and definitely unwarranted...

Just curious, who's "the whiners" ? 

The comment wasn't directed towards him, or anyone here, it was in reference to the people on facebook that somebody here mentioned that were bitching and whining about waiting too long.

This:

On 1/6/2024 at 6:10 PM, Stephen said:

Why would you do that?  Everyone can wait in line like the patient adult they should be.  Nobody deserves special treatment, especially some whiny ass kid in the grocery store stomping his feet if his mommy doesn't buy him a pack of gum.

image.thumb.png.781417ab55dccf4a3284a27226d74511.png

Edited by Zonie

19 hours ago, Zonie said:

The comment wasn't directed towards him, or anyone here, it was in reference to the people on facebook that somebody here mentioned that were bitching and whining about waiting too long.

This:

Well to be quite honest it doesnt take this long! No excuse is needed! If it takes this long to ship out orders then why did it not take this long to charge my card????

• Confused 2

14 minutes ago, dodge ramman said:

Well to be quite honest it doesnt take this long! No excuse is needed! If it takes this long to ship out orders then why did it not take this long to charge my card????

The way the current store software works is that it takes payment at time of purchase, versus when an order is shipped.  Please keep in mind that I had to spend thousands of dollars up front to buy additional cartridge shells, circuit boards, chips and other parts, box inserts, labels, manuals, boxes, carts and manual bags, and other items in order to build and ship these games.  Also, these are not "normal" orders, in that I was giving the community a last chance to buy a whole bunch of games that were being removed from the store.  I knew it would be a lot of work that I would need to do while keeping on top of other tasks in parallel, but I didn't expect the order and game volume to be nearly as high as it ended up being. 

If I had just removed those games without warning, tons of people would have been rightfully pissed off.  While that would have been the easier route for me (by far), that would not have been fair to the community or to the homebrew authors.  I am not twiddling my thumbs here, I am busting my hump to get these games built and shipped.  I have taken very little time off since that sale ended, and this includes evenings, weekends and holidays.  Even on my birthday in December I probably put ten hours of work into building games.

..Al

• Like 12
  • Thanks 13

It is definitely very cool that you gave us a chance to order things before they disappeared. In this hobby it seems once something goes away it goes away for good. That's why I pretty much wrote myself a blank check for games purchases, but even then I still had to limit myself. I knew as soon as I read the words "Last Chance" your fate was sealed. :grin:

• Like 1

Albert's word and work ethic is as good as gold.  Period.   

Approximately 25 years have passed when we account for the 2600 Nexus days, and this place has remained a pillar of the classic gaming community that is second to none.

100% faith and confidence in him and ultimate delivery of my orders, that even before my "Last Chance" orders shipped, it was time to place another order:

image.thumb.png.f3f7e4d6a22f439cfb3bb8cbfe4e65e0.png

Personally, one time, I participated in just packing and shipping ~100 limited edition carts for this platform.  The amount of time and work was absolutely tremendous.  I cannot fathom how Albert not only does what he does, but at such high quality.  No cheap labels, or any other 'budget' materials ever, as good as, and often better than, 'back in the day' presentation, for so many titles and multiple platforms.

Not just the item, but the packaging itself.  Everything is so meticulously handled, and sealed, well protected, cutting no corners ever.

Thank you, Albert, for all that you do!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I didn't even buy anything in this sale and I can still vouch for Albert's dedication to the platform and community here. I met him in 2015 at a gaming convention in Austin, TX and we chatted for a bit and I could tell even from that one interaction that he's a stand-up guy.

I've dabbled with doing physical releases of Atari games. I'm in the middle of doing that again right now, in fact. There's a lot of moving parts and that's just for one game. Dude just ran a sale offering dozens of games each one with their own unique box, manual, etc. If it's just Albert running the show by himself I can see that getting overwhelming. Also a lot of the process of releasing physical games is just waiting on materials to arrive or for third-parties to do what they need to do before you can take the next step in the process.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 8:18 PM, Zonie said:

This:

Ah gotcha. Guess it just threw me off that you were responding to a 6 week old reply that you didn't quote, immediately after someone else (bent_pin) had an inquiry about the games, and when he (rightfully) took a little offense to your jab and responded you still didn't clarify you meant "the facebook people" and not him but I get it now, just a coincidence, bad timing, etc I guess. 

16 hours ago, dodge ramman said:

Cmon man, I was just arguing about how patient and polite everyone has been. You're making me look bad 😄 

• Like 3

I know it won't happen but wouldn't it be amazing if there was a second last chance (I'm aware that's an oxymoron) sale?   On 7800 games only, mind you.  I didn't get any because I don't have a 7800, but then the 2600+ happened and I've been kicking myself ever since.  I have to keep reminding myself "first world problems" to calm myself back down.

8 hours ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I know it won't happen but wouldn't it be amazing if there was a second last chance (I'm aware that's an oxymoron) sale?   On 7800 games only, mind you.  I didn't get any because I don't have a 7800, but then the 2600+ happened and I've been kicking myself ever since.  I have to keep reminding myself "first world problems" to calm myself back down.

Only some of the 7800 homebrews are 2600+ compatible, so far as I know.

1 hour ago, groundtrooper said:

Don’t tell him that. Now he is gonna go cry in a corner. 🤣😂

It'd be pretty amazing if Atari could not only land the Namco license but also make peace between them and AtGames.  We'd get Draconian, Galagon, and all of Bob's Pac-Man work back in one fell swoop.  (Albert could also take a breather or two.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1