IGNORED

Quantum: Recharged - (in VCS Store)

justclaws

I discovered the arcade Quantum at PAX East maybe 8 years ago and fell in love with it. I'm surprised more games didn't do the "circle things with your mouse/finger on a tablet to destroy them" design, feels underutilized. Very excited for this one!

Edited by Mockduck
  • Like 1

Yeah, how it will control on the VCS remains a big question. I imagine it might be like Akka Arrh and Missile Command: Recharged (2022) where it is made more for PC than the VCS, since both games control infinitely better using a mouse, and the VCS doesn't handle mouse control well due to its AtariOS-level bug causing stuttering and freezing when a mouse button is input. You can work around it on the VCS by steering with a mouse and shooting with a controller button, but it still isn't ideal. Maybe Atari will finally get its OS issue sorted prior to this game's release, but we'll see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Yeah, how it will control on the VCS remains a big question. I imagine it might be like Akka Arrh and Missile Command: Recharged (2022) where it is made more for PC than the VCS, since both games control infinitely better using a mouse, and the VCS doesn't handle mouse control well due to its AtariOS-level bug causing stuttering and freezing when a mouse button is input. You can work around it on the VCS by steering with a mouse and shooting with a controller button, but it still isn't ideal. Maybe Atari will finally get its OS issue sorted prior to this game's release, but we'll see.

I was just playing Missile Command: Recharged (2022) with a mouse. No issues! No stuttering/freezing of any kind when pressing the mouse button!

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2023 at 9:44 PM, tripled79 said:

I was just playing Missile Command: Recharged (2022) with a mouse. No issues! No stuttering/freezing of any kind when pressing the mouse button!

What's the model number of the mouse you are using? I've tried a half dozen mice and they are all stuttering/freezing during gameplay on Missile Command: Recharged (and other titles with mouse support, like Breakout Recharged).

Edited by livingonwheels

Guys, stop this now, it's the only warning you're going to receive.  If you want to talk about Quantum Recharged for the VCS, great!  If you want to complain about particular users and/or moderation, this is not the place to do it.  If you have specific problems with a member or members, please write me, and bring facts to the table.  If you continue with your current train of discussion in this thread, you will be kicked out of this thread and potentially the Atari VCS forum.  Also, I can see the history of the edits you make to your posts, which isn't exactly helping your case, either.

Edit: I just removed nearly an entire page of posts in this thread that were completely off topic.  I don't want to have to do that again.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

We've been dealing with the Atari VCS 800 logo being left out on certain game releases for a while now even though the game does indeed come to the system. I'm sure there was a trailer for this game where the VCS logo was shown along side the Nintendo Switch and Xbox etc. I personally don't expect the VCS logo to be shown or promoted on the Atari website for games at this stage, its something I've gotten used to now after a few years. I do know the VCS could have another 3-5 years left with new official games coming to the system so hopefully in the future the VCS logo can be included more, i don't think it would take much effort add it in . Anyway I'm  really enjoying Quantum Recharged so far! I've not spent to much time on it yet but i made it to 10th last time i checked on the leaderboards using the classic controller so I'm pretty happy about that 😃 will be trying with the modern controller next time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...