IGNORED

3 "NEW GAMES" Available SOON + your opinion please!

tanuki

10 hours ago, tanuki said:

If you look at our offer, we're offering 20 copies of each game. There's no question of Côté Gamers making money with so few copies.

... We're not looking for any profit or market share. We think these games are cool, and we're big enough fans of the Intellivision to want to offer our own packaging. It's a way of saying "wow, we've also contributed a little to the publication of these games".

Hi, @tanuki,

I should have been more clear that my comment, although flippant, was not really directed at you.  As you may have noticed around this entire forum, there have been some publishers who have complained about the dwindling sales numbers, while simultaneously raising prices, or re-issuing variants of already published titles.

I appreciate that you have not been one of these, yet my comment was in response to Rev's post on that particular point.  So, I apologize for hijacking the thread in that way.

All that being said, I want to be clear that I think you and your team at Côté Games are doing great work -- that your efforts in bringing unique games to the community and focusing on high-quality productions and unique offerings, are well appreciated by many in this community, myself included.

Games like Norseman and Maria are very much welcomed and a great addition to a canon already overstuffed with arcade ports and other standard fare.

As for these re-issues, you of course should do as you please.  However, you should consider that, although your intentions may be honorable in trying to provide an alternative to your fans who love your particular production style; this community is made mostly of collectors, more than gamers.  Therefore, such offers may give the impression of some sort of "money grab" intended to induce collectors into purchasing yet another variant of a published game.

To be sure, I personally do not believe this in the least, but others might, especially outsiders.  Of course, it's up to you to decide how to manage your own image.

All that said, I look forward to more great products from Côté Games. :)

-dZ.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Yep...

But he did ask for feedback.

So i gave mine..lol.

To be sure, I think you, me, and maybe a couple others, have inadvertently hijacked this thread.  Tanuki does not seem to have asked for general feedback.  Looking back, his request was quite specific:

On 7/8/2023 at 11:07 AM, tanuki said:

But I have a question for the fans: which games would you like us to reissue in our packaging?

I suppose that "none" is a valid response to that question, but I imagine that any of us that are not interested in re-issued games from Côté Games could just as easily ignore this thread entirely, since the question wasn't directed at us.

-dZ.

• Like 1

4-Tris, BC's Quest for Tires, Blix, Blow Out, Deep Pockets, Hard Hat, King of the Mountain, League of Light, Minehunter, Missile Domination, Princess Quest, Robot Rubble, Same Game & Robots, Space Cadet, Space Cunt, Space Patrol, Space Raid, Sydney Hunter, and soon Peter the Pea have all been reissued at least once in either different packaging or by a different publisher. If all of those were not enough to crash the market, I doubt these proposed 4 games are going to have that effect either.

I'm not keen on the idea to reissue games that haven't even sold out their original run, since I'd rather give folks a shot at past games they may have missed out on, but I don't believe this will have any noticeable effect on the market in general.

• Like 6

Releasing these games will not only crash the Inty homebrew market, but also the stock market, the housing market, and the local farmer's market.  It ran over my neighbor's dog, insulted my mother, and killed everyone I know and love.  It made a baby cry.  Worst of all, it slightly burnt the coffee beans and made my latte bitter.

Joking aside, release the games.  If folks want them, they will sell.

• Haha 7

13 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Hi, @tanuki,

I should have been more clear that my comment, although flippant, was not really directed at you.  As you may have noticed around this entire forum, there have been some publishers who have complained about the dwindling sales numbers, while simultaneously raising prices, or re-issuing variants of already published titles.

I appreciate that you have not been one of these, yet my comment was in response to Rev's post on that particular point.  So, I apologize for hijacking the thread in that way.

All that being said, I want to be clear that I think you and your team at Côté Games are doing great work -- that your efforts in bringing unique games to the community and focusing on high-quality productions and unique offerings, are well appreciated by many in this community, myself included.

Games like Norseman and Maria are very much welcomed and a great addition to a canon already overstuffed with arcade ports and other standard fare.

As for these re-issues, you of course should do as you please.  However, you should consider that, although your intentions may be honorable in trying to provide an alternative to your fans who love your particular production style; this community is made mostly of collectors, more than gamers.  Therefore, such offers may give the impression of some sort of "money grab" intended to induce collectors into purchasing yet another variant of a published game.

To be sure, I personally do not believe this in the least, but others might, especially outsiders.  Of course, it's up to you to decide how to manage your own image.

All that said, I look forward to more great products from Côté Games. :)

-dZ.

Don't worry. We haven't taken anyone's remarks as an attack. We're all having a friendly discussion.

12 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

To be sure, I think you, me, and maybe a couple others, have inadvertently hijacked this thread.  Tanuki does not seem to have asked for general feedback.  Looking back, his request was quite specific:

I suppose that "none" is a valid response to that question, but I imagine that any of us that are not interested in re-issued games from Côté Games could just as easily ignore this thread entirely, since the question wasn't directed at us.

-dZ.

The answers provided are already an answer. In all honesty, since we'd been asked several times for CG versions of games that had already been released, we thought we'd please people and please US at the same time. We'll see after the release of these games if the community is against them. If so, we won't try again.

• Like 6

I think it's a fine idea, CG has great packaging, so why not?  I also don't understand people's aversion to publishers wanting to make money, if there's demand for a product then make it. Lol

Ya, maybe annoying for those of us that feel they need EVERYTHING, but that's an OCD issue, not a CG issue (and trust me, I battle my own personal OCD every day).

Make something fun in a limited capacity and see if it works. No harm in that.

Me personally I turned off my OCD for variants, or rather my wallet turned it off for me. As long as I have the games and they're the same I'm good. But a limited run special edition is cool for sure.  I wish you luck with the endeavor. 👍

• Like 3

On 7/16/2023 at 8:27 PM, Rev said:

Peter the Pea technically wont be a reissue.  It was just a handful of cart only copies for the budget-minded.    

Reissue may have been a strong term. But it had a release in one configuration and will get another one in different packaging so it kinda fits this category. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 1:48 AM, the1hatman said:

Reissue may have been a strong term. But it had a release in one configuration and will get another one in different packaging so it kinda fits this category. 

It wasnt a strong term. The same game being resold with box is a reissue, as is a different color box, or different text on box. Its all just different ways to make a dime on the same game. I stand by those that believe once a game is made and the run is done, move on to next game.

• Like 1

I guess it depends if "reissue" is used as a verb or noun

according to Oxford:

if used as a verb, then the reissue can take a different form

if used as a noun, then the reissue will be exactly the same as the original

So in this case it would be a verb-type of "reissue" since things are changing with new box and accessories.

image.thumb.png.2c7d2c1218482a5075f80bd97db9811c.png

That box is beautiful!👍

My dilemma is,if I had even the slightest idea that Cote was going to release these 3 games in their style also,I would have waited and purchased them from Cote.

That is not the case however. 

So now,I either buy the same game in the amazing box with the cool extra items they package with it,or pass on them to avoid the expense and be satisfied with my initial purchases. 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tanuki said:

For those interested, here's the first box, concerning rick dynamite. We'll show you the others in the next few days. Of course, the contents of the box will be revealed when pre-orders are launched.

RickDynamiteIntellivisionbox.thumb.png.b560002e8840fc116c953936776429ad.png

Oh my goodness!  That looks great!!! It makes me almost want to see one particular, very special, re-release … almost.

Great job on that artwork!

dZ.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

Oh my goodness!  That looks great!!! It makes me almost want to see one particular, very special, re-release … almost.

Great job on that artwork!

dZ.

I was thinking Christmas Carol,what did you have in mind?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

Damn,that box looks amazing!😃👍

Sometimes you have to go to extremes and do what you have to do to get what you want....😬

Screenshot_20230802_064534_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_064633_Chrome.jpg

That’s another one that could use re-issue:  Piggy Bank.

It’s a good game.

dZ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2