IGNORED

3 "NEW GAMES" Available SOON + your opinion please!

tanuki

Another thing to consider in the debate, is the location of the distributor, as some of you know I am in Belgium,

most of the produced homebrews are made in USA and Canada, which means for me original price + shipping fees + import tax

so one game can cost me as high as $80-90

I gave up of plenty of homebrews recently because of that

so it is nice for a change having games coming from France, at a lower price tag than US one and with low shipping fees ;)

the boxes are different enough to not mistake the different editions

yes I know that many here as more collectors than gamers

but think about poor Eurpeans like me ;)

Edited by lucifershalo
  • Like 10

For what it is worth, here is the snakebird status on all the other releases:

MSX Kuma: Reused the Hudson Soft artwork

MSX Honeybee Soft and Aackosoft: Both cheated and printed screenshots instead of cover artwork

MSX Sony: Another normal looking bird (might have existed for Sony SMC computers too)

Sharp X1: Another screenshot story

Commodore 64: Left out the bird entirely

I didn't find any cover art for the Hitachi S1.

It leaves us with one release out of the original 9 to have a proper snakebird, namely Sinclair's release for the ZX Spectrum:

8922822-stop-the-express-zx-spectrum-fro

Yay, Europe! (if you count the UK as part of Europe)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, carlsson said:

For what it is worth, here is the snakebird status on all the other releases:

MSX Kuma: Reused the Hudson Soft artwork

MSX Honeybee Soft and Aackosoft: Both cheated and printed screenshots instead of cover artwork

MSX Sony: Another normal looking bird (might have existed for Sony SMC computers too)

Sharp X1: Another screenshot story

Commodore 64: Left out the bird entirely

I didn't find any cover art for the Hitachi S1.

It leaves us with one release out of the original 9 to have a proper snakebird, namely Sinclair's release for the ZX Spectrum:

Yay, Europe! (if you count the UK as part of Europe)

The box of the S1 shows no birds. Here's an advert for the game which uses the illustration on the box:

152040117.jpg.a07896a369c46d21dbe1abcc819210ec.jpg

Edited by tanuki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

I wonder what is more scary, to run on top of a moving train, or to run in front of a moving train.

I guess he's supposed to be holding the ladder coming from the helicopter but still, I hope that train isn't moving too fast or he will be bouncing on that train... 😰

• Like 1

The poor villain will be thrown onto the tracks and crushed! Video games are violent! BANNISH video games!

the ZX version is weird! Look at the hero, looks like di caprio in titanic. He's happy to be here ^^

Edited by tanuki
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In this new artwork I love the introduction of contextual elements that "explain" what happens in the game.

For instance, it shows that the action is happening at night.

I guess that makes sense, as the background color in the game is black 🙂

Also I love that Snakebirds look sinister and supernatural with their glowing eyes.

I can see from the picture that they hang out in power lines along the railroad.

Maybe they sit there watching the train pass and some of them decide to fly over it? I never thought of that 🙂

Oh and I also like the color contrast shown on the main character... His face illuminated by the light coming from inside the train, and the back illuminated by the moonlight.

Very cool!

I just couldn't figure out the black things on the bottom left... like 3 back dots or something, are those intended to illustrate some kind of handle or hatch?

Stoptheexpressintellivisionbox.thumb.png.65b7f661deb612d5ac65099590ba8fb1.png

• Like 5

On 8/4/2023 at 11:21 PM, cmadruga said:

In this new artwork I love the introduction of contextual elements that "explain" what happens in the game.

For instance, it shows that the action is happening at night.

I guess that makes sense, as the background color in the game is black 🙂

Also I love that Snakebirds look sinister and supernatural with their glowing eyes.

I can see from the picture that they hang out in power lines along the railroad.

Maybe they sit there watching the train pass and some of them decide to fly over it? I never thought of that 🙂

Oh and I also like the color contrast shown on the main character... His face illuminated by the light coming from inside the train, and the back illuminated by the moonlight.

Very cool!

I just couldn't figure out the black things on the bottom left... like 3 back dots or something, are those intended to illustrate some kind of handle or hatch?

Stoptheexpressintellivisionbox.thumb.png.65b7f661deb612d5ac65099590ba8fb1.png

The 3 small balck "things" are feathers. They're hard to see because the image is resized.

The artist has really done a great job on this illustration, the lighting is very well worked and the details well thought out.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Games are available for preorder. We'll ship them end of september (very soon we'll ship Norseman 2 ;) )

Cavern of Mars

https://cotegamers.com/shop/en/accueil/170-cavern-of-mars-intellivision.html

Rick dynamite

https://cotegamers.com/shop/en/accueil/169-rick-dynamite-intellivision.html

Stop the express

https://cotegamers.com/shop/en/accueil/172-stop-the-express-intellivision.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3