IGNORED

Lady tut 96% released at Árok party 2023

Hello Guys!

Last year i released commodore plus/4 version of Lady tut, a classic c64/Apple II arcade game. Last weekend i released Atari 8bit version too. Music by SquareWave. The plus/4 code i wrote from zero, graphics redrawed from zero too. Now i ported that to Atari. Enjoy!

Ati

ladytut_96-.xex

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Ati said:

Hello Guys!

Last year i released commodore plus/4 version of Lady tut, a classic c64/Apple II arcade game. Last weekend i released Atari 8bit version too. Music by SquareWave. The plus/4 code i wrote from zero, graphics redrawed from zero too. Now i ported that to Atari. Enjoy!

Ati

ladytut_96-.xex 36.68 kB · 8 downloads

for steering you get a spanking, for the rest I'll stroke you :)

Edited by tebe
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, Ati said:

Hello Guys!

Ati

ladytut_96-.xex 36.68 kB · 24 downloads

Hi. 

Just a question: the remaining 4% are in-game sound effects (existing in Plus/4 version) and joystick control? Spectrum's QAOP combo is deadly uncomfortable. At least on Plus4 you could use cursor keys which are far better suited to game control. Would you add at least an option to redefine keys? Thank you so much,

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ati said:

Hello Guys!

Ati

ladytut_96-.xex 36.68 kB · 47 downloads

Awesome version ! Thanks Ati !

• 2 weeks later...

Please add the remaining 4% they all mentioned above. It really looks nice with interesting game play, but the current control set spoils it. And some beep-boop for game evens would increase immersion a lot. Feel feel to ask via PM if you have questions or need support coding wise since A8 is not you home turf.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Lady Tut on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games:

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone create a packed version of Lady Tut that loads from DOS, e.g. from starting adress $2000 with Exomizer and buffer page 4, depacker page 5 ?

Tried it myself, using "load addr." $2000 with Superpacker/Exomizer, but do not know what "RAM enter" and "RAM exit" mean and what values to put in there. The resulting XEX file then crashed when loading under DOS...

(Would not mind for some short instruction on how to successfully use "load addr.", "RAM enter" and "RAM exit" under Superpacker/Exomizer, so I can create packed A8 ML files that load under DOS, when the original/unpacked ML version does not.)

20 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Can someone create a packed version of Lady Tut

Try this. I used:
exomizer.exe sfx $2000 -n -t 168 -Di_table_addr=$800 -Di_load_addr=$7000 -o "ladytut_96-exomizer.xex" "ladytut_96-.xex"

ladytut_96-exomizer.xex

[Edit] Just spotted the 'final' version posted above and so have done that too

ladytut-final-exomizer.xex

Edited by Wrathchild
  • Like 1

Hmmm,

need some more explanation for these commandline commands...

exomizer.exe - execute exomizer

sfx $2000 - generate self-extracting file at $2000 ?!? (not really? why not $7000 as in load_addr ?)

-n  - no display / no effect (screen off) when depacking

-t 168  - target is Atari 800 computer

-Di_table_adr=$800   - no clue, wassat ?

-Di_load_addr=$7000 - load adress = $7000 (why not $2000 as in sfx) ?!?

-o   - don't know what that means

-filename_exomizer.xex   - filename of packed file

-filename.xex   - original filename

But these are commands for Exomizer, when used from the commandline.

How can I do something similar with Superpacker 6.x and Exomizer chosen as packer (meaning, packing a ML-file that does not work under DOS in such a way, that it will at least load under DOS by generating a new load adress) ? Or is that not possible in Superpacker 6.x ?   

This screenshot is just an example how Superpacker looks. Now, I can tag "load_addr", so it will use $2400 as start adress for the packed file. Still this file with new start adress $2400 generated this way does not work under DOS, it loads, but when depacking, the program crashes (already tested it). So I guess I have to do a little more than simply tagging load_addr and then packing the file ? What are "ram_enter" and "ram_exit" for (what values do I have to type in there) ?

Ladytut_0900.jpg

Don't know about the GUI.  The $2000  is the launch address after decompression. This is not detected from the XEX, so manually identified and passed. The GUI looks like it may have identified it and so probably passes that for you? The $7000 was the loading address I chose such that the decompression would work up as the original XEX starts from $900. You can experiment with different addresses. The "-o" stands for "output filename".  The table address is used to hold the decryption information referenced by the decrypting. Typically I'd put this at $500 but here chose one page less than the original load address.