IGNORED

Very expensive Vectorblade?

slx

2 minutes ago, slx said:

I found a very expensive EBay listing for Vectorblade and wondered if there is any reason for this "original" Malban version to sell for such a price while the Packrat version is still available for 50$.

I think you answered your own question: its the "original" Malban version 😉 Keep in mind thats the asking price, doesn't mean it will sell for that or even anything close.

On 7/23/2023 at 1:37 PM, slx said:

I found a very expensive EBay listing for Vectorblade and wondered if there is any reason for this "original" Malban version to sell for such a price while the Packrat version is still available for 50$.

I think you need to ask yourself a few questions.

Do I want a collectable?

Do I want a playable?

Do I want to wait for an order delivery from Packrat?

Do I want to play the game now?

How much spare cash, outside of living expenses, do I feel comfortable on spending to acquire a Vectrex game title?

What's my level of "crazy" as a Vectrex / gaming collector.

Do my kids need to eat breakfast for the next half a year?

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2023 at 10:41 PM, 128Kgames said:

I think you answered your own question: its the "original" Malban version 😉 Keep in mind thats the asking price, doesn't mean it will sell for that or even anything close.

22 hours ago, Cintivoch said:

I think you need to ask yourself a few questions.

Do I want a collectable?

Do I want a playable?

Do I want to wait for an order delivery from Packrat?

Do I want to play the game now?

How much spare cash, outside of living expenses, do I feel comfortable on spending to acquire a Vectrex game title?

What's my level of "crazy" as a Vectrex / gaming collector.

Do my kids need to eat breakfast for the next half a year?

As Vectrex is just a "secondary interest" fueled by teenage-hood lust for this unique machine I am more into (too infrequent) playing than into collecting. I'll leave a note to my children to check prices on the boxed home-brew stuff from my estate before selling it off but if the Malban version and the Packrat version (the wait for which is over for me already) play identically, I'll leave this offer to a collector and stay away from the CNC milled carts. Thanks for your thoughts.

Anyone desperate to play Vectorblade would be better off buying it from Sean Kelly's site.  He has a limited quantity available, and I'm sure it would help ease the pressure of getting the orders out  for the guy who runs Packrat

Edited by Lord Innit
Didn't finish last sentence

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 12:08 PM, 50TBRD said:

That's the first run that was made directly by Malban. Its practically the same thing you can buy from Packrat or Sean Kelly but its an item for true collectors who care about such things, not for people who just want the game to play. 

My question is how can one tell the difference from those first run versions? I missed out on purchasing directly from Malban when it was first offered. I then placed an order for it with Packrat but got impatient and bought it from Sean Kelly and cancelled my order with Packrat at that time. 

I've not looked that closely so I don't know if there is some difference in the boxes but was just genuinely curious?

On 12/7/2023 at 8:22 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

My question is how can one tell the difference from those first run versions? I missed out on purchasing directly from Malban when it was first offered. I then placed an order for it with Packrat but got impatient and bought it from Sean Kelly and cancelled my order with Packrat at that time. 

I've not looked that closely so I don't know if there is some difference in the boxes but was just genuinely curious?

Inclusion of the original shipping box.

Version of the game on the cart.

Board used in the cart.

Label graphic on the cart.

Quality of the Label on the cart.

Orientation of the Label on the cart.

Cart holder tray insert inside the box.

Pin included in the box.  

Game Manual quality included in the box.

Game Manual physical size included in the box.

Game Diary quality included in the box.

Game Diary physical size included in the box.

Overlay delivery difference. 

Overlay paper sleeve difference. 

Inclusion of the later game update on board sent to the original owners.

And a couple of other points.

Edited by Vectrexer

2 minutes ago, Vectrexer said:

Inclusion of the original shipping box.

Version of the game on the cart.

Board used in the cart.

Label graphic on the cart.

Quality of the Label on the cart.

Orientation of the Label on the cart.

Cart holder tray insert inside the box.

Pin included in the box.  

Game Manual quality included in the box.

Game Manual physical size included in the box.

Game Diary quality included in the box.

Game Diary physical size included in the box.

Overlay delivery difference. 

Overlay paper sleeve difference. 

Inclusion of the later game update on board sent to the original owners.

That is quite a lot then. I wasn't aware but cool to know. 

What changes were made in the game update then? The only issue I've found with my release is that the VecVox speech seems to just stop working after a bit. Usually when there is a lot of bullets and stuff on screen and then I notice it isn't playing speech anymore and have to unplug / replug the vox back in to get it working again for a bit. Was that a known issue?

20 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

That is quite a lot then. I wasn't aware but cool to know. 

What changes were made in the game update then? The only issue I've found with my release is that the VecVox speech seems to just stop working after a bit. Usually when there is a lot of bullets and stuff on screen and then I notice it isn't playing speech anymore and have to unplug / replug the vox back in to get it working again for a bit. Was that a known issue?

https://github.com/malbanGit/Vectorblade

• Like 1