IGNORED

Store publisher profile page

I'm interested in trying @SpiceWare games, based on all the user's contributions. It would be awesome to have a page that I could get to through their profile. That way I can just select all the ones that I want and add them to the cart together. Is there an option like that and I've just missed it?

Would be nice for other authors as well, like champ games.

16 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

It would be awesome to have a page that I could get to through their profile

If you're viewing my profile then click on the About Me tab. Towards the end is a list of my games with links to the ROMs, the try of the (try, buy) pair.

If you have signatures turned on you'll see a similar list list at the bottom of each of my posts, though the signature does not include the WIP projects.

I do see I need to update my About Me page, my Mac Pro has been replaced with a Mac Studio, PS2 has been replaced with a PS5, Draconian's buy link should go away, and a number of blog related links are broken due to a forum upgrade.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

That way I can just select all the ones that I want and add them to the cart together.

I saw your post due to Notifications and didn't realize it was in the AtariAge Store Discussion area. As such I initially misread your post as meaning "add games to my Harmony Cart", because I'd just seen your status update on the forum's main page, when you really meant the Store Cart. To add games to the store cart use the buy link of the (try, buy) pair.

Do note that Draconian's buy link does not work anymore as it was part of the Last Chance Sale, which is now over with.

Draconian was one of the games I got from the last chance sale! 

Thanks for having it all organized. I'm eyeing your winter titles. Stay Frosty 2 and Stella's Stocking, for Stay Frosty and the others. Space Rocks looks pretty cool too. Is that text generated from a font or stored?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiceWare said:

I'm going to exercise great discipline and not look into those just yet. Gotta try to see them the hard way first. So, it is possible to generate text on the fly, that's awesome. I asked because I'm poking around with an Apollo 11 game for the 2600, AGC, gimbals, and all, but it requires on the fly text and a custom joystick setup. Since I know it's possible, I will figure it out. 

Currently working on a 115 byte self-modifying kernel.

It's been possible to generate text on the fly for the 2600 since the 70s:

image.thumb.png.db5142230c74f35fbd95a2fafab1e839.png

Modern routines expand upon that and use 3 pixel wide fonts to create 32+ character displays. This topic goes into it. Do note there is an early screenshot of one of Space Rocks's three easter eggs at the top of page 6, but no instructions on how to trigger it.

• Thanks 1

I notice that none of the credits in the AA store are clickable. I would assume those at least are database driven, so it might be possible for Albert to link credits to auto generated pages that would list all the games currently for sale in the store where a particular person has been credited, whether it is for design, code, graphics, sound, packaging etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

only one available for purchase on cartridge

It's going in my collection and eventually my museum. I'll just have to wait until December of next year for more carts. Do you sell you work as ROMs? I just purchased an Encore.

Just now, bent_pin said:

It's going in my collection and eventually my museum. I'll just have to wait until December of next year for more carts. Do you sell you work as ROMs? I just purchased an Encore.

All of my work has so far been released as free binaries.  Except for the tentative "Boulder Dash 2", which has IP belonging to BBG Entertainment.  You'll find binaries of my work in the various threads I have posted in-progress versions.  I don't anticipate adding to what's available now. Not for a while, anyway and even then in some different form where I retain some control over my work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

All of my work has so far been released as free binaries.  Except for the tentative "Boulder Dash 2", which has IP belonging to BBG Entertainment.  You'll find binaries of my work in the various threads I have posted in-progress versions.  I don't anticipate adding to what's available now. Not for a while, anyway and even then in some different form where I retain some control over my work.

I understand. I'll dig around. I appreciate your efforts and your contributions to this community. Still working on how I can employ the information on compression that you detailed for me. I'm thinking of possibly trying to use it to store strings for a font generator, not sure if it will work, but worth a look anyway.