IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

The AtariAge Last Chance Sale! has concluded.  Thank you to everyone who placed an order, the response was incredible, far larger than I anticipated!  I am actively working on building and shipping these orders, and emails with tracking information are sent out by the store as orders are shipped.

If you placed a Last Chance! order and have questions about it, please feel free to send me a PM and I will help you out. 

Thank you, 

..Al

5 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

You were planning on redoing the Store to allow for ROM sales.

Has that plan gone away?

That will still happen, I need to get the store on new software first.

5 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Or if that does come to fruition, does that mean that none of these games will be available for those ROM sales?

Correct, at least not through AtariAge.

..Al

• Thanks 2

Al, will the boxed games that are on sale be available afterwards without a box or are they gone for good?

Also are we still doing big (like way over $200) orders for the UK setting the destination as Ireland and then putting the address in the notes or has that been fixed now? I've been holding off a while and this one's gonna be big...

Edited by juansolo

Very curious about why, on casual perusal, it seems all of John Champeau's games will no longer be available.  The only one I've noticed that is NOT in the sale is his oldest one; Conquest of Mars.  Very strange.  I suppose you're not at liberty to divulge, but I'm very curious if John Champeau's upcoming releases will still be available through AtariAge or Champeau has other plans for his games going forward.

On 6/27/2023 at 8:07 AM, Jetboot Jack said:

@Albert I assembled my order - around 8 carts - but it won't let me progress to pay because when I select shipping destination it tells me my address has changed and I need to reselect shipping - loop ad infinitum.

Uk based destination 😞

Please enter something, such as "N/A" or "NONE" in the "State or Province" field for shipping, and it should work.  It's stupid, I know, and I'm not sure why it's forcing this field for international destinations, and I'm afraid to try changing the code to remove this requirement in fear of breaking the checkout process.

..Al

PS: I will be very happy to get the store moved to new software!

For anyone having issues checking out if you're using a UK address, I spent some time looking at the issue today.  It seems that the store is requiring something be entered in the "State or Province:" field.  If it's blank, it will report an error that is not clear at all as to why it doesn't want to continue.  So, to get around this issue, put something in that field.  If it's not relevant, put "N/A" or "NONE" or something along those lines, and I'll make sure that's not included in the shipping address when I print postage for your order.

..Al

2 hours ago, Albert said:

For anyone having issues checking out if you're using a UK address, I spent some time looking at the issue today.  It seems that the store is requiring something be entered in the "State or Province:" field.  If it's blank, it will report an error that is not clear at all as to why it doesn't want to continue.  So, to get around this issue, put something in that field.  If it's not relevant, put "N/A" or "NONE" or something along those lines, and I'll make sure that's not included in the shipping address when I print postage for your order.

I've always had my county in that field and it's still failing.

For anyone trying to checkout in the UK, can you try using a credit card instead of PayPal?  I believe it may work using a credit card, but I could be wrong, and I don't have a UK-based card, so the address verification fails.  Trying to narrow it down to a possible PayPal issue or if it affects both PayPal and Credit Card payments.

Thanks!

..Al

Just now, Jetboot Jack said:

@Albert  - WOO HOO it worked!!

Thanks 🙂

sTeVE 

Great, thank you!  And I believe I solved the PayPal issue as well, it came to me in the shower!  But I cannot easily test that through conclusion, as I cannot checkout using the same PayPal account as the target PayPal account.  So if someone can test PayPal now, that would be fantastic.  :)

..Al

8 hours ago, juansolo said:

I've always had my county in that field and it's still failing.

7 hours ago, GDT2019 said:

Same here.  Always had my county in there.

If you can try again, the issue may be fixed now (hopefully for PayPal and Credit Card payments).

Thank you,

..Al

1 hour ago, Albert said:

If you can try again, the issue may be fixed now (hopefully for PayPal and Credit Card payments).

Thank you,

..Al

Mine just went through OK via PayPal.

Just had a thought afterwards, just because I know how awful our postal service is at this end, would it be possible to put some sort of note on the packaging that the duty has been paid at point of order just to be sure they don't try to double charge me?

Just now, juansolo said:

Mine just went through OK via PayPal.

Excellent, glad to hear that.  Some UK customers are having problems checking out via PayPal, so I'm still digging into that.  I may need to update the store software to the very latest version, which may have some PayPal-related changes, but I was hoping to avoid that since I will be moving the store to new software soon anyway. 

1 minute ago, juansolo said:

Just had a thought afterwards, just because I know how awful our postal service is at this end, would it be possible to put some sort of note on the packaging that the duty has been paid at point of order just to be sure they don't try to double charge me?

Any UK orders over £135 I will be refunding any VAT paid. I only need to collect it for orders <= £135, and for those orders I do add UK VAT info to the shipping label.  For orders > £135, VAT will be collected as normal, which is why I will be refunding it for those placing orders over that amount to the UK (I certainly don't want people to pay twice!)  There is no way for me, with the current software, to only collect it for orders under a certain amount.

..Al

1 minute ago, Albert said:

Any UK orders over £135 I will be refunding any VAT paid. I only need to collect it for orders <= £135, and for those orders I do add UK VAT info to the shipping label.  For orders > £135, VAT will be collected as normal, which is why I will be refunding it for those placing orders over that amount to the UK (I certainly don't want people to pay twice!)  There is no way for me, with the current software, to only collect it for orders under a certain amount.

Gotcha. 👍