IGNORED

Two new Intellivision consoles coming from BBG Entertainment

Rev

12 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

... I'm pretty sure any hardware project more than year in has concept art to show off at the very least.

Regarding just this singular point, whether there is shareable concept art depends greatly on the hardware project, based off of my professional experience implementing hardware-adjacent software.  The answer is more commonly "yes" for large corporations (lower managers need it to get funding and personnel approval from executives) and for smaller businesses when they need to do a round of talking to investors.  Conversely, concept art is less likely at early stages were a few folks are only prototyping, especially if there is a personnel shortage on the project.  In this latter case, there still may be concept art but it might be something slap-dash by a technical engineer rather than something formally industrially designed.  Here, the concept "art" can be hideous and would become a laughable meme if ever on the public internet.

As for this specific project, I have no inside information on it.  My assumption is that it is in the latter case.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Respectfully, how could any proposal from AtGames (who has shipped many products on time and under budget) be any more “laughable” than these delusional financial projections from Intellivision Entertainment?

I suspect AtGames may have embellished the success of the first Flashback to get IE to sign a new contract, but they were well aware (at least I think Bill told us so) it wouldn't be a smash success, hence the "laughable" offer. I'm not saying IE should have signed it just to ensure having a system being actually released, but we know how handling it themselves went...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I suspect AtGames may have embellished the success of the first Flashback to get IE to sign a new contract, but they were well aware (at least I think Bill told us so) it wouldn't be a smash success, hence the "laughable" offer. I'm not saying IE should have signed it just to ensure having a system being actually released, but we know how handling it themselves went...

I can't say too much and was not directly involved in the final negotiations anyway, but yes, basically the targets for the second Flashback were going to be far more modest. Again, retailers expected way too much from both that and the ColecoVision one the first time, so the second time would have to be far more modest, as well as the market already starting to have changed for the worse at that point (plug and plays have always gone on boom and bust cycles, and frankly, at this point, there's never going to be another boom save for maybe a unique system from a major player (N64 mini?). The basic idea was to do it as sort of a tribute to Keith Robinson, so yes, this was after his passing. Frankly, there never was a pot of gold at the end of the Intellivision rainbow during Keith's time (or even post 1982, I suppose) and there never will be now or going forward. Just like during Keith's time (and originally up until around 1989 I suppose), if the expectations are realistic and the goals modest, then it's a valid, sustainable brand. I absolutely understand people and companies wanting to cash out, but there's really not enough there to actually do that in any significant way. Much of the IP being scattered to the far winds by relatively modest companies is as indicative of that as anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 8/6/2023 at 11:56 PM, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I was allowed to 'talk about' the project (after over a year of working on it) in order to find people who would like to program the enhanced games, and possibly lend expertise to the project. As i said, it wasn't an 'announcement' so, that's why BBG didn't do it. However, I've learned my lesson. I won't talk about anything we're working on, and give no updates until we have a product in a box ready to go with a price. You can stop talking about this now. 

William- Are you telling us that you worked UNPAID on this project for OVER A YEAR, and now BBG is telling us they never had the ability to create a console... Were you working on a figment of your imagination this whole time? Or is BBG/INTV throwing you under the bus?

36 minutes ago, Sweet and Tender Hooligan said:

please don't bring my orientation into this. terms like Queen and Fairy are so out-dated it's embarrassing on your part. it's 2023 let people love who they want dude...

Well... this reply was less than honest.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sweet and Tender Hooligan said:

William- Are you telling us that you worked UNPAID on this project for OVER A YEAR, and now BBG is telling us they never had the ability to create a console... Were you working on a figment of your imagination this whole time? Or is BBG/INTV throwing you under the bus?

If you are expecting an explanation from myself or BBG Entertainment,  you’re not going to get one. 

I have brought a number of legitimate licensed games to the Intellivision over the last decade. I had a key involvement in creating the world’s first Intellivision emulator in the 1990s. I am mentioned in the credits on the Intellicart and LTO Flash! One of my games won Intellivision game of the year for 2022 and my games won 5 of 8 awards. I am consulting for BBG Entertainment. Don’t believe me? I don’t care. Regardless of what I revealed I was working on, it has absolutely nothing to do with whether the Amico comes out or doesn’t come out. Being attacked and mocked and my words twisted by a bunch of Amico lunatics who have nothing better to do, has made me totally regret saying anything. I just see malice towards myself, BBG Entertainment, and Intellivision Entertainment as a result. I have a very low opinion about people who have meltdowns over speculation when they assume that they “know” what is actually going on. They should get a life. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Regardless of what I revealed I was working on, it has absolutely nothing to do with whether the Amico comes out or doesn’t come out. Being attacked and mocked and my words twisted by a bunch of Amico lunatics who have nothing better to do, has made me totally regret saying anything. I just see malice towards myself, BBG Entertainment, and Intellivision Entertainment as a result. I have a very low opinion about people who have meltdowns over speculation when they assume that they “know” what is actually going on. They should get a life. 

So two brand new Intellivision consoles being released with the involvement of Intellivision Entertainment BEFORE Amico is released has nothing to do with the last five years, or any of the $17 million dollars raised? You yourself spoke of connecting "The Amico People" with BBG in order to bring this project to fruition. Did I hear correctly that INTV licensed out the old Intellivision games to BBG who are then going to release them back to Amico in packs??

The Intellivision Amico is the greatest scam in all of gaming history, and has forever tarnished and stained the brand whether you choose to admit it or not. The way you are handling the blowback is awful, and is reminiscent of the last Intellivision console guy who would deflect any criticism as "haters"...

Perhaps you're blissfully unaware of the events that have taken place that incubated this outrage you are experiencing. 

First, check out this video by Hbomberguy, it's about a sound in a videogame:

Then, watch this next video. It's about the guy who created that sound:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

If you are expecting an explanation from myself or BBG Entertainment,  you’re not going to get one. 

I have brought a number of legitimate licensed games to the Intellivision over the last decade. I had a key involvement in creating the world’s first Intellivision emulator in the 1990s. I am mentioned in the credits on the Intellicart and LTO Flash! One of my games won Intellivision game of the year for 2022 and my games won 5 of 8 awards. I am consulting for BBG Entertainment. Don’t believe me? I don’t care. Regardless of what I revealed I was working on, it has absolutely nothing to do with whether the Amico comes out or doesn’t come out. Being attacked and mocked and my words twisted by a bunch of Amico lunatics who have nothing better to do, has made me totally regret saying anything. I just see malice towards myself, BBG Entertainment, and Intellivision Entertainment as a result. I have a very low opinion about people who have meltdowns over speculation when they assume that they “know” what is actually going on. They should get a life. 

On my end, I’m hoping you see why there is “malice” towards IE here. They stole money, took advantage of mentally challenged people, and came close to wrecking the AA forums through TT’s power grab. But that has nothing to do with you or BGG. I think most of us can separate that, but surely you can see that comparing your accomplishments (which you have every right to be proud of) and IE only makes you look worse? You’ve done more for the brand than those scumbags ever did… 

If a flashback type module came out that you were involved in, I’d be interested for sure.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Are these two consoles for sale yet?

I remember a trailer for Intellivision Horse Beater 2020 from a few years ago but I think it got stuck in Formal Production, whatever that means. 

image.thumb.png.9ede671bb60aa22ee40a54c00b8a0388.png

But in all seriousness, I agree that everyone should give William a break, it's not like he's taking money or lying to anyone. Don't be a (his words) Amico Lunatic. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Does anyone know if a physical Intellivision compilation is coming to Nintendo Switch?  

(Old Mattel Games) 

BBG made an announcement that they're not going to make an announcement about it.

I wouldn't wait up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Does anyone know if a physical Intellivision compilation is coming to Nintendo Switch?  

(Old Mattel Games) 

It’s technically possible, the Switch is plenty powerful, and there are ways to work around the lack of keypad. Do you think there’s a demand for it? Last time anyone tried a physical Intellivision collection for a Nintendo console was on the Nintendo DS in 2010, a system that itself feels pretty retro. It felt old back then too, and got some middling reviews. Before that was the little GameCube disc and that was back in 2004!

There are two emulated Intellivision Evercade cartridges if you have one of those. I’d just as soon FPGA it on Analogue Pocket myself. 

I’d say it’s unlikely to happen again unless the Intellivision stuff is somehow bundled in with other stuff. I watch these things closer than anyone should and I’ll post if I see something. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sweet and Tender Hooligan said:

Please go somewhere else and bug people. I am so tired of seeing you make fun of people in youtube videos, popping into other peoples streams to cause problems and now here. Go do something constructive with your efforts instead of bothering good people.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, The Intellivision Gamer said:

Please go somewhere else and bug people. I am so tired of seeing you make fun of people in youtube videos, popping into other peoples streams to cause problems and now here. Go do something constructive with your efforts instead of bothering good people.

These trolls are bored. The Amico talk is dying down and they need to find something else. But this isn't really it. Unless i'm mistaken this is not on the same scale as the Amico. I don't think these will be marketed to moms. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntellivisionDude said:

These trolls are bored. The Amico talk is dying down and they need to find something else. But this isn't really it. Unless i'm mistaken this is not on the same scale as the Amico. I don't think these will be marketed to moms. 😁

It doesn't matter, the same knuckleheads are still in charge of Intellivision Entertainment and if you don't think they aren't/weren't going to be involved in some way regarding other INTV hardware projects then you are being naive.   

Everything about these projects and how they were announced gave off a similar odor to Amico.   Announcing the projects way too early, making statements that turned out to be false, using small youtube channels to talk about the project.  

Again, its like people haven't learned from the past. The fact is IE poisoned the Intellivision well too many times for people to just take someone's word regarding other Intellivision hardware related projects. Neither BBG or William have a track record of producing actual hardware, so going into what was said without any form of skepticism would be extremely poor judgement.   That is the same flaw many people made with Tommy, giving him the benefit of the doubt simply because he had a career in the gaming industry and well look how that turned out.  

BBG has a history of releasing relatively low budget quality games, not plug n play consoles, let alone FPGA systems, so forgive me if I have some doubts. 

21 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

It doesn't matter, the same knuckleheads are still in charge of Intellivision Entertainment and if you don't think they aren't/weren't going to be involved in some way regarding other INTV hardware projects then you are being naive.   

Everything about these projects and how they were announced gave off a similar odor to Amico.   Announcing the projects way too early, making statements that turned out to be false, using small youtube channels to talk about the project.  

Again, its like people haven't learned from the past. The fact is IE poisoned the Intellivision well too many times for people to just take someone's word regarding other Intellivision hardware related projects. Neither BBG or William have a track record of producing actual hardware, so going into what was said without any form of skepticism would be extremely poor judgement.   That is the same flaw many people made with Tommy, giving him the benefit of the doubt simply because he had a career in the gaming industry and well look how that turned out.  

BBG has a history of releasing relatively low budget quality games, not plug n play consoles, let alone FPGA systems, so forgive me if I have some doubts. 

I don't care enough about this or the Amico to care about what you just said. I was making a joke. Now that I've made my joke I'm moving on. 🫠

• Like 1
  • Confused 1