IGNORED

3 Additional New ROMS @ IntellivisionCollector.com!

Kamikazi26

Additional New ROMs have arrived!

With a new joint partnership with Elektronite, Intellivision Collector is proud to assist in helping them distribute heir ROMs.
Not available anywhere else, enjoy these New Digital Downloads through our automated website!

A-FBox-small.png.94df39087f4de4e8616855dfea16ceb5.png DefenderoftheCrownBox-small.png.ba469176dda82e5358697b33a68a1ff7.png TNTCowboyBox-small.png.e3ff29561dbdcae16d115f7871c5fb0b.png

Please don't share ROMs! Please visit, register & purchase to help support these programmers and publishers. Without their support, we wouldn't have such great new games like these for our beloved Intellivision!

All prices on the site are listed in CAD (Canadian funds).

A-F - ROM
Click Here!

Defender of the Crown - ROM
Click Here!

TNT Cowboy - ROM
Click Here!

PLEASE  BE AWARE THAT THESE MIGHT NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE RTO OR THE BACKBIT MULTI CARTS. THEY HAVE ONLY BEEN TESTED WITH THE LTO FLASH AND JZINTV EMULATOR. ALL OTHER SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE THAT ARE NOT APPROVED ARE BUYER BEWARE.

PPS: If the RTO or Backbit people want to send me a test until, I could pre-test all ROMs on my site and all future ROMs for compatibility and mark them as such, but so far all requests have been denied. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for making these available! I just picked A-F and TNT for play on my Nintellivision emulator. 

Neither worked :)  

But I've fixed the emulation - and just checked in 4.1a on the nightly build and both seem to be playing great after an hour or so (with JLP saves working fine and voice in A-F sounding nice).

The problem I had?  When I see the jlp flag in the .cfg file, I bring in JLP support which includes 16-bit RAM from 8000-9FFF.  The memattr also is declaring 16-bit RAM in that region and I was double-creating RAM which was causing all kinds of bad things. To be honest, I wasn't sure how to handle this - for now (until I can get a definitive technical answer from people smarter than me... hint, that's almost everyone!), I simply allow the JLP enabled RAM to fulfil any request for RAM in the 8000-9FFF region (so I'm not having two RAM areas in the same region).

image.thumb.png.680fe3704cd659e32a1c56a859d8f7de.png

image.thumb.png.a53d0bc724df2384c546d01934871868.png

Defender of the Crown isn't my cup of tea so I can't say whether that works on Nintellivision... but it probably does with the new 4.1a build.

Again- thanks for releasing these as ROMs! As an emulator developer and enthusiast, it's great to have more options for gaming on these classic systems!

• Like 3

I did notice that @evietron released a new update to the BBpro late last week or maybe over the weekend that specifically states added support for JLP for Intellivision. So I haven't tested this as I don't think I have any jlp roms in my library but yeah... I noticed it.

Here is the link to the revisions list that shows all the changes made on each FW up to current 3.20 that states JLP support.

https://www.backbit.io/downloads/Firmware/BackBit/Revisions.txt

Tried both (AF / TNT Cowboy) of mine out lastnight in emulation (jzintv emulator), they both work fine.... I haven't tried them on my LTO yet, but I'm sure that will be fine too..... 👍

TNT is pretty decent, but I really love AF....... 

Thanks Luc for making these available..... Awesome stuff..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, llabnip said:

Thank you for making these available! I just picked A-F and TNT for play on my Nintellivision emulator. 

Neither worked :)  

But I've fixed the emulation - and just checked in 4.1a on the nightly build and both seem to be playing great after an hour or so (with JLP saves working fine and voice in A-F sounding nice).

The problem I had?  When I see the jlp flag in the .cfg file, I bring in JLP support which includes 16-bit RAM from 8000-9FFF.  The memattr also is declaring 16-bit RAM in that region and I was double-creating RAM which was causing all kinds of bad things. To be honest, I wasn't sure how to handle this - for now (until I can get a definitive technical answer from people smarter than me... hint, that's almost everyone!), I simply allow the JLP enabled RAM to fulfil any request for RAM in the 8000-9FFF region (so I'm not having two RAM areas in the same region).

Ideally, jlp ram and jlp acceleration activation should be separated. That's because it's possible for a game on a jlp cartridge to to use it's ram but not the hardware acceleration functions.  Since such a game could possibly run on cartridges and emulators that don't support jlp hardware acceleration, your work around is reasonable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Ideally, jlp ram and jlp acceleration activation should be separated. That's because it's possible for a game on a jlp cartridge to to use it's ram but not the hardware acceleration functions.  Since such a game could possibly run on cartridges and emulators that don't support jlp hardware acceleration, your work around is reasonable.

Spun off to another topic to keep this awesome topic a bit less cluttered!

20 minutes ago, llabnip said:

Okay... I almost get it...  :)

According to @intvnut, he documented the following uses of the flags here on the forums:

; To enable JLP accelerators and RAM only CFG_VAR "jlp" = 1 ;

; To enable JLP accelerators and flash save area CFG_VAR "jlp" = 3 CFG_VAR "jlp_flash" = 4 ; change 4 to however many 1.5K byte flash sectors you need

But it goes a bit more in-depth in the Locutus guide in the cfg vars section:

image.thumb.png.c624768c0b357bf857be78403052dfc8.png

image.thumb.png.2f497b268baa7b3c5a5bc29e0731a2bd.png

As near as I can tell, you always get RAM support. And for A-F, I see jlp=1 which shouldn't allow flash support but it clearly uses it (and has jlpflash = 16 ... notice the missing underscore).

Right now, with Nintellivision, I treat jlp=1 and jlp=3 as basically the same (Acceleration enabled and RAM enabled) and look to either jlpflash or jlp_flash as the indicator for flash support. 

Is there a better table explaining jlp values vs jlp_flash/jlpflash values?

Sorry if this derails the thread slightly... at least it keeps the thread at the top of the forums :)

There's the assembler documentation.  It's the same as above except it doesn't mention RAM.  It also says if jlp_flash is left out and jlp >=2 then jlp_flash defaults to 4.

http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/jzintv/doc/utilities/as1600.txt

I'll add if a rom uses the jlp save but not jlp hardware acceleration, I think it could possibly still run on non jlp compatible cartridges and emulators except that the save function won't do anything.  That's why it's good to know which jlp feature a rom uses, e.g. ram, acceleration, save

3 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I did notice that @evietron released a new update to the BBpro late last week or maybe over the weekend that specifically states added support for JLP for Intellivision. So I haven't tested this as I don't think I have any jlp roms in my library but yeah... I noticed it.

Here is the link to the revisions list that shows all the changes made on each FW up to current 3.20 that states JLP support.

https://www.backbit.io/downloads/Firmware/BackBit/Revisions.txt

The newest update made it so if the jlp game is in .rom format it will load up without an extra converting. But if the game has save capabilities you will still need to do bin to ecs and set the -j flag in the command line. I tested it with Rick Dynamite. I was able to load it in .rom but it would not save until converting.

1 minute ago, Jess Ragan said:

Got a link? I want to see what's been released.

Either type Stupus in the search area above,and it will be the first thread that pops up.

Or go to the Intellivision Revolution website and all the Homebrew stuff released is categorized by each publisher of the games.

It's great reading,tons of great Intellivision information on Revs sight!👍

• Like 2