IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

19 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Here lies the issue, needs to sell in the thousands of units to pay for the investment in bringing it to market. I could be wrong but I dont see it getting close to break even for a video touch pad+

So I should probably strike something like this from my wishlist, right? 😉

I think this is the one I saw as a kid. I wanted it so bad. I was in a computer store asking about it and the salesman was kind of in shock asking, “Why don’t you just buy a real computer?!?!” 

I didn’t have the courage to honestly say, “Because in the ad it seems cool!” 

Somehow in my young teen-age mind, I was overly confident in the power I might wield with an Atari 2600 and a keyboard.

Atari-2600-CompuMate-Keyboard-by-Spectravideo-Rev1-2-004.JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dbug said:

Hmm, I tried a German version of Joust 7800, I get the Atari logo, the "loading game" then it switches to black screen and stops there.
I thought it was on the list of supported titles?

I personally tested all the 7800 games that have been marked Pass.

Have you given the cart contacts a good clean?

Only other thing is I wasnt sure about what version I was using NTSC or Pal. That could be a factor, although the system is set up to recognize either and play them

12 minutes ago, Dbug said:

Hmm, I tried a German version of Joust 7800, I get the Atari logo, the "loading game" then it switches to black screen and stops there.
I thought it was on the list of supported titles?

It may be that the cart contacts need cleaning.  Saying that, I cleaned all my VCS and 7800 carts this week and I just tried my spare copy of Robot Tank and it doesn't work, it may need a more thorough clean.

I did clean with proper isopropyl alcohol and qtips special for electronics work, did not help.
One thing I noticed, is that just before the black screen, there must be some resolution/frequency change because my TV shows the resolution/frequency on the OSD just when the black screen appears.

I did my preorder Sept 1st for the 2600+, but I do not remember if the expected ship date was Nov or Dec :(

As for the other system, It wasn't a good idea to preorder the GSP direct from myarcade. I canceled my order last week since it was past the ship date and hadn't shipped yet.

I really hope the 2600+ direct from atari.com doesn't end up the same way as the GSP

5 minutes ago, H.Fraenkel said:

Same problem for me, I just don't have a 7800 to check if the cart is faulty.

Yeah, same for me, I don't know anyone around with a 7800 where I could test it.
@zap1982, since you have Joust, would be interesting to see if yours work on your 2600+!

3 minutes ago, Dbug said:

Yeah, same for me, I don't know anyone around with a 7800 where I could test it.
@zap1982, since you have Joust, would be interesting to see if yours work on your 2600+!

I will gladly try it but I can't until Christmas. By all means if nobody else manages to do it before then feel free to give me a nudge and I will certainly try it out.

28 minutes ago, Dbug said:

I did clean with proper isopropyl alcohol and qtips special for electronics work, did not help.
One thing I noticed, is that just before the black screen, there must be some resolution/frequency change because my TV shows the resolution/frequency on the OSD just when the black screen appears.

And the cart works fine on an original 7800?