IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

25 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

@Thomas Jentzsch What was that other game that suffered from seemingly the same issue as Realsports Boxing, can you remember?

I guessed the white Coleco carts. They might be 16K internally (instead of 8K), only 4K got dumped. But that's just a guess.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Coleco issue is detailed here:

Thanks, someones offered to loan me a couple of these, so they are going out to be tested and fixed. I don't think though this was the game I remember Thomas telling me about.

Someone just mentioned Robot Tank. I think it was that but then Im confused cause someone else sent me Robot Tank and it was fine.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:20 AM, MarcinJ said:

This looks to me closer to the box we would get in 80s. The actual box has more modern flavor. 
Both designs are very good, however I feel that the actual design will have more appeal to younger generations. 

On 12/10/2023 at 12:15 PM, protomank said:

I actually like this more. The final versin is a biit too clean for my taste with the white background.

Me, I think they should have done a take on the original 70s packaging, including the chess piece graphic.  Because now that one guy can't sue you. 

You know he's still out there somewhere playing Video Chess.

1977.thumb.png.1611eba91ad6d0ac2c046dae3a840df6.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 12/12/2023 at 6:39 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

Don't know if anyone is interested but I'm going on Dan Woods retro podcast tomorrow afternoon to talk about the 2600+.

Should be good fun.

Fantastic! The Retro Hour with Dan, Ravi and Joe is a brilliant listen 👏👏👏

22 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Me, I think they should have done a take on the original 70s packaging, including the chess piece graphic.  Because now that one guy can't sue you. 

You know he's still out there somewhere playing Video Chess.

1977.thumb.png.1611eba91ad6d0ac2c046dae3a840df6.png

Ah that style is the ultimate design, I know this. The 2600+ wasn't worthy of that level of recreation.

As for chess, insane story, imagine having to commission a game due to that. What to be a fly on the wall back in the day when that legal conundrum came in.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Man, I just kept talking and talking.

Looking forward to listening! For anyone who hasn't heard this podcast before they have a huge back catalogue of interviews - I guarantee something for everyone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Thanks, someones offered to loan me a couple of these, so they are going out to be tested and fixed. I don't think though this was the game I remember Thomas telling me about.

Someone just mentioned Robot Tank. I think it was that but then Im confused cause someone else sent me Robot Tank and it was fine.

That was my PAL copy.  Seems a little weird that that version works fine, but the NTSC version doesn't.  You would have thought it would be the other way around.

15 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Please ignore me, my Robot Tank has the wibbly wobbly screen - I posted about it here on AA. I need to slow down a bit lol.

I'll check Robot Tank as soon as I get the new build.

I played PAL Robot Tank a couple of days ago

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/357384-when-will-there-be-a-scheduled-firmware-update-for-the-2600/?do=findComment&comment=5365782