IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

16 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

It's literally a copy of the text from the original Bezerk manual;

https://archive.org/details/Berzerk_1982_Atari/page/n1/mode/1up

If you look at the last page of the manual you linked, it appears to be from a 2002 hack version with voice added.

The original manual has much more info, I still have mine (similar to the one Thomas posted).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Yeah that Atari Age one saved me because when I was testing Bezerk way back I was getting worried that evil otto never appeared...till I read that Atari Age manual and realized he never appears on the default game mode duh

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Ah my mistake then. I'll look at finding the original and will update the page.

Ben, I wasn’t trying to be difficult on the initial post but provide constructive feedback.   Quite a few of the earlier Atari Games had these elaborate game select matrices.   Maze Craze is another example where it had something like 16 game variations and each difficulty switch had an impact on the game that may not be obvious to the person who never played it or plain forgot.  

It’s those customers that might not know of this site, might not know to look on Atari’s website and wonder, put on Yars Revenge and wonder what is going on with game 6?  Where is my zorlon cannon?

The difficulty switches may or may not be enabled for a game and the gameplay effects may not be obvious to an average person (Night Driver uses one for the car horns and the other for your car’s speed level)

That’s all I was trying to convey; especially if we’re not doing hard copy novels for the legacy games or pack-ins.  Wasn’t trolling or anything. 

Edited by ForceInfinity
  • Like 1

For arcade game clones (like Berzerk) I always wished that the default game selection 1 would most emulate the real arcade game. 

For example, game 1 in Berzerk should include Evil Otto and he should be invincible. 

You shouldn’t have to change to a different game variation to best emulate the arcade game rules.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ForceInfinity said:

Ben, I wasn’t trying to be difficult on the initial post but provide constructive feedback.   Quite a few of the earlier Atari Games had these elaborate game select matrices.   Maze Craze is another example where it had something like 16 game variations and each difficulty switch had an impact on the game that may not be obvious to the person who never played it or plain forgot.  

It’s those customers that might not know of this site, might not know to look on Atari’s website and wonder, put on Yars Revenge and wonder what is going on with game 6?  Where is my zorlon cannon?

The difficulty switches may or may not be enabled for a game and the gameplay effects may not be obvious to an average person (Night Driver uses one for the car horns and the other for your car’s speed level)

That’s all I was trying to convey; especially if we’re not doing hard copy novels for the legacy games or pack-ins.  Wasn’t trolling or anything. 

Oh you're completely right. The more clear and detailed information I can provide the better. I'll try and find some time over the next few weeks to rewrite Berzerk online guide.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, chad5200 said:

For arcade game clones (like Berzerk) I always wished that the default game selection 1 would most emulate the real arcade game. 

For example, game 1 in Berzerk should include Evil Otto and he should be invincible. 

You shouldn’t have to change to a different game variation to best emulate the arcade game rules.  

I guess it was the difference in being a coin muncher for the arcade vs a easier kid friendly home version.

But I agree with you, the kids should have had it as tough as the arcade!

52 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I guess it was the difference in being a coin muncher for the arcade vs a easier kid friendly home version.

But I agree with you, the kids should have had it as tough as the arcade!

I saw it as something more devious.   I got really good at Berzerk at home and thought ‘yeah, I am the greatest at this game’.   Popped a quarter in the arcade machine with my 10 year old brain thinking I was going to run rampant over the high scores only to get a rude awakening when the robots fired diagonal.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I couldn't help myself, and I've ordered everything for release day: the Atari 2600+, the 4-in-1 cartridge with paddles, a second joystick and the two extra game cartridges.

Sadly, I sold all of my original Atari cartridges around 1982 to buy a VIC 20 (as a 15 year-old I couldn't afford to keep both), so I'm now trawling eBay to buy my childhood back!

I read hints that Atari is going to be releasing more cartridges. Any information on when we might get more details about that?

Just now, infinite.pies said:

I read hints that Atari is going to be releasing more cartridges. Any information on when we might get more details about that?

Definitely goes without saying that Atari is going to continue releasing more games in cartridge form.  I cannot give you any information on games that haven't yet been announced, though. 

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AtariYMás009 said:

getting ready for the great day, I know I don't have so many games but I'm spanish and just a teenager, so this little ammount of games is so important to me.

IMG_20231111_221953_461~2 (1).jpg

Quantity doesn't matter if you love them. Dig Dug and Mario Brothers are great. Yars Revenge is very popular as well. Haunted House takes a bit of work and provides a good bit of gameplay. I'd love to know what's on that 64 games cartridge, I don't have that one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

Elmo is my favorite! 

..Al

Mr Snuffleupagus is mine. I was nearing my end with Sesame Street when he became visible. I ran into the other room and told my mother, she said no, he's invisible. I had to drag her into the room so she could see him.

image.gif.2f924125abb762acb1e7e9ee4d5e223f.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Hawkangel said:

Just watched an unboxing video on YouTube. 

Those cartridge slipcases obviously aren’t original box sized and might mess with some people’s OCD when put on the shelf to display. 😏 

No, the slipcase are a new addition. All retail games come with a slipcase in a box which is exactly the same size as original boxes.

16997450739166701332968730260426.jpg

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

I'd love to know what's on that 64 games cartridge, I don't have that one.

Here you have 

1. UFO AKA space jockey (weird colors)

2. Boxing

3. Fun with numbers AKA basic Maths

4. Freeway chicken AKA freeway 

5. Flag capture

6. Combat

7. Golf (weird colors)

8. Skiing (weird colors)

9. Human cannonball

10. Air sea battle

11. 3D TIC-TAC-TOE

12. Tennis (weird colors)

13. Reversi AKA othello

14. Slot machine

15. Surround

16. Stampede (weird colors)

17. Checkers

18. Outlaw

19. Freeway rabbit (freeway hack)

20. Sky diver

21. NFL football AKA football (weird colors)

22. Basketball

23. Fishing (fishing derby hack)

24. Bowling (weird colors)

25. Black Jack

26. Fishing derby (weird colors)

27. Miniature golf

28. Lasser blast

29. Slot Racers

30. Ant party AKA cosmic swarm

31. Space war

32. Home run AKA baseball (weird colors)

33. Grand prix (weird colors)

34. Ocean city defender (Atlantis hack)

35. Plaque attack (weird colors)

36. Frogger

37. Spiderman (weird colors)

38. Challenge

39. Beany bopper (actualy an ntsc rom)

40. Time warp

41. NUTS

42. Comando suicida (chopper command hack)

43. Motocross (weird colors)

44. Demon attack

45. Pitfall! (blue trees haha)

46. Defender (weird colors)

47. Q*bert

48. M.A.S.H.

49. Save our ship

50. Gopher

51. Space cavern (actualy an ntsc rom)

52. Pantom tank AKA tanks but no tanks

53. Super challenge baseball (weird colors)

54. Jawbreaker

55. Tac-scan (joystick bootleg version)

56. Worm war 1

57. Crackpots

58. Turmoil

59. Cosmic creeps

60. Carnival

61. Space invaders

62. Dragon treasures AKA dragonfire (weird colors)

63. Racing car (a pretty rare game)

64. Inca gold AKA pack Kong

Is a pretty interesting cart, so many of the games are in a kind of a NTSC-50 format and the colors are totaly different.

This game is not actualy registered in atarimania yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AtariYMás009 said:

Here you have 

1. UFO AKA space jockey (weird colors)

2. Boxing

3. Fun with numbers AKA basic Maths

4. Freeway chicken AKA freeway 

5. Flag capture

6. Combat

7. Golf (weird colors)

8. Skiing (weird colors)

9. Human cannonball

10. Air sea battle

11. 3D TIC-TAC-TOE

12. Tennis (weird colors)

13. Reversi AKA othello

14. Slot machine

15. Surround

16. Stampede (weird colors)

17. Checkers

18. Outlaw

19. Freeway rabbit (freeway hack)

20. Sky diver

21. NFL football AKA football (weird colors)

22. Basketball

23. Fishing (fishing derby hack)

24. Bowling (weird colors)

25. Black Jack

26. Fishing derby (weird colors)

27. Miniature golf

28. Lasser blast

29. Slot Racers

30. Ant party AKA cosmic swarm

31. Space war

32. Home run AKA baseball (weird colors)

33. Grand prix (weird colors)

34. Ocean city defender (Atlantis hack)

35. Plaque attack (weird colors)

36. Frogger

37. Spiderman (weird colors)

38. Challenge

39. Beany bopper (actualy an ntsc rom)

40. Time warp

41. NUTS

42. Comando suicida (chopper command hack)

43. Motocross (weird colors)

44. Demon attack

45. Pitfall! (blue trees haha)

46. Defender (weird colors)

47. Q*bert

48. M.A.S.H.

49. Save our ship

50. Gopher

51. Space cavern (actualy an ntsc rom)

52. Pantom tank AKA tanks but no tanks

53. Super challenge baseball (weird colors)

54. Jawbreaker

55. Tac-scan (joystick bootleg version)

56. Worm war 1

57. Crackpots

58. Turmoil

59. Cosmic creeps

60. Carnival

61. Space invaders

62. Dragon treasures AKA dragonfire (weird colors)

63. Racing car (a pretty rare game)

64. Inca gold AKA pack Kong

Is a pretty interesting cart, so many of the games are in a kind of a NTSC-50 format and the colors are totaly different.

This game is not actualy registered in atarimania yet.

Thanks for the share. I bet you could get a few dollars for that from some of the collectors here. I can't find any info on it. Not sure but you might have a treasure.

19 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

you might have a treasure.

I think so, there is no kind of information about this cartridge on the entire internet, it has a very strange label similar to that of the 32-in-1 cartridge, as well as a switch to intersperse between two compilations of 32 games each.
Inside it has no serial numbers or any kind of company name.

IMG_20231112_015251_588~2.jpg

IMG_20231112_015943_851~2.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/10/2023 at 5:55 PM, Dr Karnov said:

Will the full £24.99 release of Berzerk and Mr Run & Jump come in sleeves like this, or will it be full box and manual?

atari-2600plus.large.jpg

I bought Berzerk too... I'm really looking forward to that one. That was one of my favorite games way back when. I'm really, really looking forward to playing some of these old games again. I don't know why, but they're still just as fun, even though the graphics are horrendous... they still fun to play as much as they were 40 years ago when I was just a little brat... haha.

On 11/10/2023 at 4:51 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Top man, what considerate thoughts. Worlds a better place with those kind intentions.

Now onto my entertainment centre. Standard ikea sideboard with hack cut outs for grills intended for fridge freezers, this for some air flow for speaker subs, consoles and surround amp. Works well. Nice place in the evening to test 2600 cart compatibility!

PXL_20231110_214322613.thumb.jpg.3c0f4b25b5c1780b8785ef931e780959.jpg

That's really cool... it actually looks really good, especially with the under-cabinet lighting too. You can put all kinds of consoles and such in there, and not have it be out in the open and obnixious. The machine on the right is pretty sweet too.

• Like 1