IGNORED

Thoughts on revising or compiling others' programs

senior_falcon
Message added by OLD CS1,

This was created as a split from another thread to keep the ensuing conversation separated, and was neither started nor titled by the listed owner.

4 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

Yes OK, same as in a AA-club where I already did that (no hint appeared then)

But the hint here on the top appeared somehow day later or two than when the split was done.

That was very strange for me

🕵️‍♂️

That was this:

4 hours ago, 99V said:

I was actually viewing the original thread when it happened and the name changed occured then. I was confused for a second then realized the thread had been split. A million years from now cavemen won't remember this. 

Just proof positive that, no matter your effort, you cannot successfully explain things to everyone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out of the game for quite a while, so my opinion may not matter all that much... but (having read through the entirety of this thread) I would say that my opinion is pretty straightforward.  I would love for one or two of my games to be compiled, however I would want to have a hand in testing the compiled games to make sure they fit the feel and spirit of the originals.  If someone took my BASIC or XB game and compiled it without my knowledge or consent, I would have a pretty significant issue with that.  Not because I don't want to have one of my games on cartridge, but because someone was taking something I made and altering it from its original intent--without my input or oversight.  

None of my games were particularly fantastic or compelling, but they're mine... and I would want to have final say in ANY release.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

I included APERTURE, by Adamantyr with the XB game developer's package, and use it as an example of how to compile a program.

I did not ask for permission to do this, and now realize that I should have done so. If this is a problem then I will remove it and substitute something else.

@adamantyr ??

On 9/9/2023 at 7:32 AM, senior_falcon said:

I included APERTURE, by Adamantyr with the XB game developer's package, and use it as an example of how to compile a program.

I did not ask for permission to do this, and now realize that I should have done so. If this is a problem then I will remove it and substitute something else.

I recall someone asking me in the past if they could compile it and I asked them not to, because I felt the game was written for and balanced to the speed of TI-Basic.

But I'm all right with it, so long as someone doesn't complain the game's too hard because certain puzzles relied on the slowness to give you time to react. :)

• Thanks 1