IGNORED

AtariAge + Atari Q&A

Albert

3 minutes ago, r_chase said:

I do have a few questions: what's happening to the 2600+? I really can't stand rumors, but...y'know?

What do you mean "what's happening to it?" It ships on November 17. I'm happy to answer any question you have, but we should probably have that discussion in the 2600+ thread ... it is really not related to this, except of course that Al will be a huge resource for Atari when it comes to retro hardware ... includign the 2600+

Edited by TrogdarRobusto
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, r_chase said:

Never mind. I just thought I heard a cancellation rumor. That's all.

Don't freak us out like that !!!  We had the 2600+ at Gamescom and PAX West over the last two weeks. Response has been really strong. So many people came up to see it at PAX. It ships on November 17 In the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East. We are super excited.

• Like 10

It was a great community and a pleasure to be here. I'm not optimistic knowing how corporations work. What often starts as idea for non-direct monetization, sooner or later brings questions about ROI, profitability and how to improve some KPIs like Average Revenue Per Active User. Time to create an alternative non-commercial international community?

• Like 18
  • Confused 1

Just now, Crazy Climber said:

@TrogdarRobusto

Nice to meet you.. I was curious...Will you continue to be an active member of the forums and make a genuine attempt to be part of our community? 

I am periodically active in our Discords and it is my strong intent to remain active on AtariAge ... but I will go through periods of time where I am not present just because it is just so very busy at Atari. That said, some of my colleagues will participate as well so you should expect an Atari presence in the forums. 

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, ilmenit said:

It was a great community and a pleasure to be here. I'm not optimistic knowing how corporations work. What often starts as idea for non-direct monetization, sooner or later brings questions about ROI, profitability and how to improve some KPIs like Average Revenue Per Active User. Time to create an alternative non-commercial international community?

All we can do is ask you to keep an open mind and give us time to prove you wrong. When we acquired MobyGames a year and a half ago we heard a lot of the same things. What we have done is give Jeremiah, who runs MobyGames, more resources to invest in improving the site and left the day-to-day management in his hands, and in the hands of his volunteer admins. 

And of course, just keep asking Al how things are going because the site will remain in his very capable hands.

Edited by TrogdarRobusto
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1