IGNORED

Are we finally gonna get the VCS in Europe?

EddieHitler

• 3 weeks later...

I feel it’s such a wasted opportunity for Atari to not distribute the VCS here in the UK. I could see it being very successful here. I often see people in the UK ask Atari in social media to release the VCS here only to get the same answer that they’ll have an announcement soon. I guess the only way to obtain one is to pay the crazy prices to either import the console using eBay or similar or pay crazy money to purchase one already here second hand. I’m glad I have x2 VCS consoles, I really wanted a 3rd but I can’t see that happening at this rate. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

I've been waiting two long years now for the VCS to finally ship to Europe, I refuse to pay scalpers on eBay double what the system is actually worth, I want to buy it from the official Atari store itself but for some reason despite being a French company these days Atari still refuses to sell it here, maybe now that they've acquired Atari age they can use Al's distribution network to finally get it released here, is anyone else also stuck in this predicament,if  so then please feel free to share your experiences as well in regards to this situation.

• Like 2

I bought additional VCS systems in The Netherlands in 2021, from original backers who had not really even used them.
I've not seen another system for sale since then, because I guess now real fans want to hold on to them, and use them.

A friend in the USA did send me a joystick from GameStop when they had a promotion, but after shipping and import tax
it was nearly 2.5x as expensive as in the shop. We investigated companies who can ship from USA store via a generated
USA address, which then forwards to a European address. It would have been cheaper to do that than pay normal delivery.

@davpa who provides Atari VCS developer support and handles the Discords explained that European sales are unlikely.
It's really frustrating to have seen all these sales and offers in the USA, but never had access to any of those offers either.

We can't even get a T-shirt here, even though a Dutch T-shirt manufacturer is one of the big licensors of the Atari brand. 😞

• Sad 1