IGNORED

Who was the worst CEO in Atari's history?

JPF997

On 9/23/2023 at 6:17 PM, Zonie said:

Well said.

Yep, and it appears he has. No new posts here in a while...

You really love that big hunk of plastic, don't you! :D

Tramel's issue was he hated Commodore and everything he did was driven by that. Good or bad.

I'm not posting here because there's nothing more to be said on this subject, plus I consider this thread to be a failure,  no productive discussion really took place here, it quickly devolved into a shit flinging contest between everyone who participated in it ( me included, yes I am capable of self reflection, the problem started with the title itself, if I had made the topic to be about the best and worst CEOs instead of just the worst ones then maybe this could have turned into a good thread), now I'm just waiting for Albert to shut this whole thread down like I've requested.

12 hours ago, JPF997 said:

I'm not posting here because there's nothing more to be said on this subject, plus I consider this thread to be a failure,  no productive discussion really took place here, it quickly devolved into a shit flinging contest between everyone who participated in it ( me included, yes I am capable of self reflection, the problem started with the title itself, if I had made the topic to be about the best and worst CEOs instead of just the worst ones then maybe this could have turned into a good thread), now I'm just waiting for Albert to shut this whole thread down like I've requested.

Before calling it a day on this thread, I really would like to know your answer to the following:

On 9/14/2023 at 10:22 AM, x=usr(1536) said:
On 9/14/2023 at 12:49 AM, x=usr(1536) said:

He's also Soylent Green!

When I wrote this, what did you think I was referring and/or alluding to?  Again, genuinely curious.

Not asking to be antagonistic, but rather because I think that my comment re: Soylent Green may have held a different connotation for you than it did for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JPF997 said:

You started a negative thread in a public forum, it didn't go as you expected it to, and now you want it shut down? 

Couple questions:

1) How did you expect it to go, especially with your retaliations contributions?

2) A forum is defined as a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. It is not designated as a place where one person posts an idea and ends any discussion that does not go their way. You appear to want to insult or mute any user who disagrees with your opinion. What legitimate reason do you have to request it to be shut down? I've flagged a few threads to be watched or shut down because users have broken rules on the topics of religion or politics as they are forbidden. Here I just see people posting anything slightly contrary to your regimented opinion disagreeing with you and you being upset about it and getting nasty in your replies.

In the just over 2 weeks that you've been here, you've been involved in a disproportionately large number of heated discussions. Seems that you transfer a lot of anger and frustration from your life towards the users of this forum.

Posts a question asking for opinions

Gets mad when people posts opinions

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Before calling it a day on this thread, I really would like to know your answer to the following:

Not asking to be antagonistic, but rather because I think that my comment re: Soylent Green may have held a different connotation for you than it did for me.

I have no idea what you meant by saying  Soylent green when you said it, i know the original reference but why you used it in that context against me I have no idea, just assumed it was some form of insult and moved on.

30 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

I have no idea what you meant by saying  Soylent green when you said it

OK, so you didn't get the joke; I can understand that sometimes the delivery can be a bit off.  However:

i know the original reference but why you used it in that context against me I have no idea

It wasn't being used 'against you,' as you put it.  It was in response to someone else's comment:

On 9/14/2023 at 12:49 AM, x=usr(1536) said:
On 9/14/2023 at 12:26 AM, jeremiahjt said:

I will go with Wade Rosen. I mean how are you going to buy a forum and not even come by and say hello. Wait a minute... Atari just bought AtariAge and @JPF997 is a brand new member... JPF997 is Wade Rosen!

He's also Soylent Green!

The part in bold is added emphasis on my behalf, and is where the response was directed.  You weren't even on the radar when I made it.

just assumed it was some form of insult and moved on.

Therein lies the heart of the problem: by your own words, you assumed it was an insult.  It wasn't.  It was a dumb throwaway joke made in response to something else entirely.

Missing the humour is one thing; jokes sometimes work better in the mind than they do in delivery and I've certainly delivered my share of ones that fell flat.  But - and I'm going to be completely straightforward about this - assuming that something is an insult because you don't understand it isn't helping matters any.  Much like @bent_pin, I've also witnessed you take things incredibly defensively for no very good reason other than that someone else presents an opinion to the contrary, or even just mild disagreement.

Relax.  Everyone isn't out to get you, even if they have a difference of opinion.  This is a hobby and it should be fun; getting spun up over it isn't worth it and ultimately only detracts from your enjoyment of it.  Believe me, I've been there and can speak from experience on all of this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bent_pin said:

You started a negative thread in a public forum, it didn't go as you expected it to, and now you want it shut down? 

Couple questions:

1) How did you expect it to go, especially with your retaliations contributions?

2) A forum is defined as a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. It is not designated as a place where one person posts an idea and ends any discussion that does not go their way. You appear to want to insult or mute any user who disagrees with your opinion. What legitimate reason do you have to request it to be shut down? I've flagged a few threads to be watched or shut down because users have broken rules on the topics of religion or politics as they are forbidden. Here I just see people posting anything slightly contrary to your regimented opinion disagreeing with you and you being upset about it and getting nasty in your replies.

In the just over 2 weeks that you've been here, you've been involved in a disproportionately large number of heated discussions. Seems that you transfer a lot of anger and frustration from your life towards the users of this forum.

Posts a question asking for opinions

Gets mad when people posts opinions

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

I already admitted in another post that this thread started off on the wrong foot and only got worse from there, If I had named it the best and worst CEOs in Atari's history instead of just the worst ones then perhaps all the shit flinging that ended up occurring here could have been avoided and this could turned into a productive thread(I wasn't the only one who engaged in bad behavior, go to the beginning of the thread and look at who threw the first punches, it wasn't me). No legitimate disagreements were discussed here, the moment flojomojo derailed the entire thread it became a who can throw the best insults and get the best slam dunks against they're opponents type of thread, if you read every post from the beginning you know I'm right.

I also find it interesting how you put the blame solely on me for those heated discussion's, in the Amico thread, this one, the recharged vs classic Atari games one, I'm never the first one to throw the first punch or begin making fun of others opinions, it's always another older member of the forum (who should know better) who came in and started the insults and the dog pilling particularly against me (flojomojo, ledzep, jerseystyle,spriggy, mrbeefy,digdugnate etc).

9 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

shit flinging that ended up occurring here could have been avoided

Starting with all of your posts at the end of the first page and the beginning of the 2nd page of this thread. People make jokes because this is a fun site, you in response flung the feces. 

11 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

if you read every post from the beginning you know I'm right.

I did, twice, and you're not. You threw a bunch of punches here and in other threads, then complained about being the forum punching bag.

12 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

I also find it interesting how you put the blame solely on me for those heated discussion's, in the Amico thread, this one, the recharged vs classic Atari games one

I did no such thing. I said that you are involved in a disproportionately large number of heated discussions, as the other users on the other side of your rants of misdirected hatred aren't usually involved in tiffs with other users, whereas you are involved in such tiffs on a nearly daily basis. You've even admitted in other threads that you're misdirecting rage from work towards users here.

General tip, if you think everyone's out to get you, then you need a nap. If you find yourself hating everyone else, then you need a snack. You, I think, need both as well as a time out.

Closing this thread would only legitimize your tantrum. Just relax, take a step back, and when you come back please try to have some fun.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JPF997 said:

I also find it interesting how you put the blame solely on me for those heated discussion's, in the Amico thread, this one, the recharged vs classic Atari games one, I'm never the first one to throw the first punch or begin making fun of others opinions, it's always another older member of the forum (who should know better) who came in and started the insults and the dog pilling particularly against me (flojomojo, ledzep, jerseystyle,spriggy, mrbeefy,digdugnate etc).

HEY!!! Leave @Spriggy alone, he can't help himself ... he's from Australia for god's sake!!!

• Haha 4