IGNORED

Homebrew compatibility?

oceanix42

Hello, @Albert, I know you are busy.  I tried emailing support to the AA store but received no response, so I am trying here. I purchased Ninjish Guy from the AA store and got Knight Guy instead.  I enclosed the game and invoice.  My rationale for purchasing Ninjish Guy was it looked like a killer game that was supported by the 2600+ at the time.  Kinght Guy remains closed in case it isn't supported and I really am interested in NinJish Guy if you still have copies.

IMG_6150.jpeg

Edited by Bitsized

Hello everyone :)

Just got the Atari 2600 few days ago too. 

Do you think the homebrews by Champ Games will never work on system or there is some hope with a future update ?

Thank you !

Edited by LSpixel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Keep at it. If you score 1000 or more points, you’ll qualify for the patch.

When using the arcade stick, I couldn't make much progress.  But using the custom 7800 gamepad I was able to go further.  I'll try getting to the high score of 1,000+ points but not sure if that'll happen.  I just have fun playing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It would be great if there was a list of Atariage 2600 and 7800 homebrew carts that are compatible with Atari 2600+. Or if their product pages could be updated to include this information. I don’t want to spend $$ to order games only to discover I can’t actually use them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glorkbot said:

It would be great if there was a list of Atariage 2600 and 7800 homebrew carts that are compatible with Atari 2600+. Or if their product pages could be updated to include this information. I don’t want to spend $$ to order games only to discover I can’t actually use them.

We'll have such a list soon. And I will be updating the product pages in the AtariAge Store, as well as on eBay and Etsy, to state if a game is compatible with the 2600+.  

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

How'd you come to that conclusion from what I wrote?

..Al

Oh, just that I thought you would be focusing on the last minute orders before doing anything else with the store.  The updates sound like they enable new orders when you're still busy busy busy fulfilling orders that are now several months old.  Just considering your work load, that's all.  Not that I'm getting impatient for my order or anything.  Perish the thought.😜

12 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Oh, just that I thought you would be focusing on the last minute orders before doing anything else with the store.  The updates sound like they enable new orders when you're still busy busy busy fulfilling orders that are now several months old.  Just considering your work load, that's all.  Not that I'm getting impatient for my order or anything.  Perish the thought.😜

While those orders are taking the largest percentage of time at the moment, I do need to still work on other things in parallel. 

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Glorkbot said:

I don't really know what this refers to either, lol. Were some games on Atariage discontinued, and there was a last chance to order them?

The Last Chance from AtariAge occured June 22, 2023 to July 23, 2023.

Al announced the sale of AtariAge to Atari Sept 6, 2023.

9 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

The Last Chance from AtariAge occured June 22, 2023 to July 23, 2023.

Al announced the sale of AtariAge to Atari Sept 6, 2023.

Okay, I see it was a bunch of games getting discontinued. The stated reason being that boxes were running low... But looks like many were games that would be considered copyright violation and thus a significant liability to Atari as the new owners of the site. It was pretty risky for AtariAge to have ever been selling some of this to begin with, I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glorkbot said:

Okay, I see it was a bunch of games getting discontinued. The stated reason being that boxes were running low... But looks like many were games that would be considered copyright violation and thus a significant liability to Atari as the new owners of the site. It was pretty risky for AtariAge to have ever been selling some of this to begin with, I guess.

Not that risky at certain time, I assume, since nobody cared much about those franchises. But times have changed since then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pseudografx said:

Not that risky at certain time, I assume, since nobody cared much about those franchises. But times have changed since then.

Well, it was always risky since each instance of copyright infringement has a minimum penalty of $30k.

Edited by Glorkbot

2 hours ago, Glorkbot said:

Well, it was always risky since each instance of copyright infringement has a minimum penalty of $30k.

And you’re talking about Sega as one of the rights holders; I don’t know who owns the Nichibutsu catalogue, but I own Hamster’s Arcade Archives release of Moon Cresta, so it’s not dead İP, clearly.

11 minutes ago, Sean_1970 said:

And you’re talking about Sega as one of the rights holders; I don’t know who owns the Nichibutsu catalogue, but I own Hamster’s Arcade Archives release of Moon Cresta, so it’s not dead İP, clearly.

If I ever got the chance I'd love to look at re-releasing F1 Circus, I have many fond memories of that game, the names of the drivers were hilarious.