IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2023 Thread!

CaptainBreakout

I have a pile of packages waiting to be opened. One's an encore, another is @swlovinist's latest 2600 game, I will have my 2600+ and hopefully my huge AtariAge order to open along with my secret santa gift! Plus a nice pile of gifts from my girlfriend. (She bought me the 2600+)

All that and a few weeks off to play games together and for me to start building the prototype for my interpretation of a 2600 from scratch.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bomberpunk said:

my yearly "tradition" of being late to the party continues this year. i was even messaged on 11/06 but i didn't see it until today, so i shall watch from the outside in the cold as this event unfolds, with my runny nose pressed up against the glass looking in.

Not sure I can stand for that. I'll be happy to have a 2nd, not-so-secret santa with you. Provided that it doesn't bother our organizers.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bent_pin said:

Not sure I can stand for that. I'll be happy to have a 2nd, not-so-secret santa with you. Provided that it doesn't bother our organizers.

that's very kind of you! however, I got a message today that they can add me since they haven't assigned senders/receivers just yet. i'm IN!!!! so no worries!

Hallelujah where's the Tylenol?

• Like 7

8 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Hiya Everyone... Real life has got us both pretty swamped... but we are working hard on this now trying to iron everything out. Expect your matches soon!

https://images.app.goo.gl/xL2THRjguwFSwqEh7

I am waiting with baited breath to get serious about my shopping!

https://giphy.com/gifs/obabyhouse-happy-shopping-obaby-happyshoping-LRZwAQ4o4AGQBGeNtY

Edit: How in the world do I get gifs to be gifs & not links? I've forgotten my forum codes!

Edited by HoshiChiri
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

All secret Santa assignments should have now been sent.

Please let me or @chicgamer know if you have NOT received a secret Santa assignments message.

(I believe the last message went out just before the community went "unavailable" late last night, so please let us know if you have no message yet.)

Cheers!

• Like 5

One thing to keep in mind—if you're considering purchasing a gift from the AtariAge Store, you might want to reach out to Albert beforehand. I know he's still busy with orders from the summer sale, so you may want to check to confirm you'll get your order in time (I would mention it's for AtariAge Secret Santa).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bent_pin said:

Many of the homebrews are available in the AA store on Ebay for pretty much the same price. I don't know if Al has those made up or not, also worth investigating.

Pretty sure those are Al's.  I remember the announcement that he was putting up a eBay storefront for AA on eBay a few years ago.  Turn-around times could be different on those tho, given eBay's policies.  If you are considering AA store items for your Santa Mission, it'd best to reach out to Al about it, I'd say.  I've always found him extremely approachable. 

• Like 3

On 11/15/2023 at 8:37 PM, chicgamer said:

One thing to keep in mind—if you're considering purchasing a gift from the AtariAge Store, you might want to reach out to Albert beforehand.

I just ordered and sent him a message.. Fingers crossed, we'll see what happens. Worst worst case scenario I'll do 2 shipments for my gifts.

• Like 1

Well damn, I already got my Secret Santa package!

I had just ordered the main item for MY Secret Santa off Ebay today and when I came back to the apartment after spending a few days with Mom I found three packages waiting for me, all from Amazon.  Since I had BOUGHT 3 things I tore into all of them -- and discovered one of the packages was stuff my Secret Santa had sent directly to me.

I would have at least waited till after Thanksgiving to open had I known.  LOL

I got a XBox One controller (good all around controller and also useable with the Gamestation Pro) and a variety package of British candies.

Sadly the person didn't indicate their name or username so I have no idea who to thank, but many thanks!

I'll ship mine out once I get my EBay order.

• Like 5