IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2023 Thread!

CaptainBreakout

56 minutes ago, Armscar Coder said:

I don't mean to be rude nor intend to offend, but is your girlfriend short or can your tiny cat really jump?

You were neither 🙂

She's a tiny little country girl with a great big heart and the tiny cat can jump but couldn't be bothered to.

Those are some cute bums, hehe.

There's a little grey kitty living outside my girlfriend's mother's house. We are going back to adopt her in a few days before it gets too cold. Going to call her Shadowfax.

• Like 1

I received a package today, individually wrapped with Santa's affection. I'd put them under the tree, but like most of the rest of you, I have cats. I'm not sure about yours, but mine like to eat anything not flat. If it sticks out, they'll start chomping.

In the meantime, please see my fireplace with our stockings hung. 

IMG_20231215_1444373.thumb.jpg.8c02ed62466b7b5e590df94cc73aeaaf.jpg

And our furry turds

PXL_20231107_044756045.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/14/2023 at 11:21 PM, bent_pin said:

You were neither 🙂

She's a tiny little country girl with a great big heart and the tiny cat can jump but couldn't be bothered to.

Glad to hear.  My question was only semi-serious as you didn't say which "her."  After asking the question and being amused by your post, I looked around our living room and was starkly reminded that I am living in the same reality.  Our nativity scene is placed up high.  And no, it isn't because my wife, also a country girl, is tempted to terrorize the wise men.

image.thumb.jpeg.c22f63a04d6c24986663853899d724bc.jpeg

13 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

like most of the rest of you, I have cats. I'm not sure about yours, but mine like to eat anything not flat. If it sticks out, they'll start chomping.

We don't have presents under the tree yet so that temptation isn't there for our cats.  Since we have had these rambunctious two, we do leave breakable ornaments off of the tree.  And I am pretty sure they are drinking tree water.

1 hour ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Dear Santa, thank you for my package!  I'll do my best not to open it until Xmas!

Just got tracking for my package.  Looks like it should be here on Wednesday.  If it arrives on time, there is NO chance it stays unopened before the weekend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Armscar Coder said:

Our nativity scene is placed up high.

If I ever got a nativity scene, I would place the three wise men out in the hallway and rest of the scene in the living room. Then for each day, I would move the wise men one step closer, just as if it was a board game, until they get to baby Jesus.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, carlsson said:

If I ever got a nativity scene, I would place the three wise men out in the hallway and rest of the scene in the living room. Then for each day, I would move the wise men one step closer, just as if it was a board game, until they get to baby Jesus.

You have to make sure that they can see the North Star from the hallway.

• Like 2

I returned home today to find my Secret Santa present had been delivered. Interestingly, Santa lives close enough to me that he dropped it off himself with a nice handwritten note. I already thought my Santa was a cool guy (I've purchased a couple of games from him in the past, Bash Brutus & OSU: The Streak). I have some work left to finish before I can stop for the rest of the year. Hoping to get that done by the middle of the week. Afterward, I'll rest and open my Secret Santa gift. Maybe an update Wednesday or Thursday!

Thanks Santa!

• Like 6

I was all set to send items from where I grew up.  Skyline Chili, Graeters, UDF, Grippo's, Cost Cutter brand items, Laffy Taffee, Larossa's.  But where you live, you are closer to all of them.  Well, maybe not a Kroger's.  Hope you don't, miss the Montgomery Inn too much.

Be careful with with the one food item.  They through the whole shabang in there, extremely.

• Like 4

So I opened the shipping box today.

IMG_0081.thumb.jpeg.6e717ed0a01648f2ff869ee9cbe890cf.jpeg

The wife and I each decided to try the small wrapped chocolate. Very tasty indeed.

I decided to opened up two and save the rest for Christmas. .

IMG_6845.thumb.jpeg.3f2a0ba26e59e722240ee53a28eec7f9.jpeg

Wow! I absolutely love this red dead poster! And a genesis game that’s new to me. Something new to hang on the wall and something new to play that’ll hold me over till Christmas.

thanks @imstarryeyed

oh, and I learned about a new DC comic character. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Atari Dogs said:

I was all set to send items from where I grew up.  Skyline Chili, Graeters, UDF, Grippo's, Cost Cutter brand items, Laffy Taffee, Larossa's.  But where you live, you are closer to all of them.  Well, maybe not a Kroger's.  Hope you don't, miss the Montgomery Inn too much.

Be careful with with the one food item.  They through the whole shabang in there, extremely.

Ha! I love all of those things/places and I DO miss the Montgomery Inn that was in Dublin but I still buy their BBQ sauce at the grocery. 

• Like 2