IGNORED

PRGE Photos

18 minutes ago, Emehr said:

I've known about this bug since the early 80s :ponder:. Getting Pac-Man stuck in the escape route is one of my core 2600 memories from childhood! I would do it at the top escape route but wouldn't get too aggressive with the wiggling (lol). Just enough to keep Pac from coming back out.

This bug? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Emehr said:

I've known about this bug since the early 80s :ponder:. Getting Pac-Man stuck in the escape route is one of my core 2600 memories from childhood! I would do it at the top escape route but wouldn't get too aggressive with the wiggling (lol). Just enough to keep Pac from coming back out.

What exactly is the bug doing?

Edit: Thanks for the video

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

I just shot some video. Unfortunately I didn't notice the light glare at the exact spot that covers the action. Sorry about that (I can shoot it again but I was just happy to get it on the first take!). When Pac-Man gets stuck you can still kind of make out that his graphic is "lodged" in the top escape route. When you move the stick he breaks free and moves vertically.

23 hours ago, socrates63 said:

@Thomas Jentzsch Darryl described it to me and @sramirez2008 over dinner and I don't remember enough details to be helpful. Steve, do you recall? It'd be best if @darryl1970 explained it himself.

It is easier to demonstrate it. It happens when the joystick is wiggled while Pac-Man is in the escape route.  Tod was so cool. He seemed genuinely excited to see it. Then he exclaimed how he went 42 years not knowing about it.

Edit: monzamess I wish I would have caught your thread before I took the time to recreate it.  Tim Lapetino knew what I was talking about before I demonstrated it too. It was just really cool to introduce it to Tod himself.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

TO this day I still had not got a copy of both Casey's Gold or Circus Convoy games even if I made both box art^_^

Hopefully they paid you at least, and wasn't one of those "do this for us and we forget about you after" type of deals.

Also, the box art is my favorite part of Circus Convoy 😁   I haven't played Casey's Gold.

45 minutes ago, Atariboy2600 said:

TO this day I still had not got a copy of both Casey's Gold or Circus Convoy games even if I made both box art^_^

Well, Casey's Gold still doesn't exist. But they *certainly* should have sent you a copy of Circus Convoy. It's completely ridiculous that they haven't. If you haven't recently, you should email them a reminder. Hopefully it just slipped through the cracks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...