IGNORED

7800’s ARTI and EXO on the VCS! But I have an issue

Cousin Vinnie

Atari is surprising us left and right with these releases, and I got to congratulate muddyFunster on the exposure. 

I started playing, EXO immediately and ran into an issue, was wanting to see if anybody else saw… 

If you press down on the left thumb stick, it resets the entire game. I play games, pretty crackly, and this happens quite a bit. Is anybody else have this problem? Because it surely sucks.

Funk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

Atari is surprising us left and right with these releases, and I got to congratulate muddyFunster on the exposure. 

I started playing, EXO immediately and ran into an issue, was wanting to see if anybody else saw… 

If you press down on the left thumb stick, it resets the entire game. I play games, pretty crackly, and this happens quite a bit. Is anybody else have this problem? Because it surely sucks.

Funk

Seems to work perfectly fine for me when pressing down on the left thumbstick. Very strange issue indeed, hopefully you figure it out. 

• Like 1

That's because the default mapping for the emulator used to run 7800 games on the VCS has the left thumbstick set to reset. You can change this mapping by pressing on the Atari button on the controller (short press, not a long one) which will bring up the emulator's menu. You can then go to the input settings and remap it to another button. It's nice that it can be changed, but that default mapping is still a pain. There's been more than once where I've had a good run going in Food Fight only to accidentally press down on the thumbstick and have it reset the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...