IGNORED

Knight Guy - In Another Castle

vhzc

New game in development.

A sequel of Knight Guy Castle Days.

Started to work on it a week ago or so, so is in really early stage of development, but playable demo is available.

I still don't have a flashcart, so I only tested this rom on a7800 emulator. Testing on actual hardware would be greatly appreciated.

DEMO ROM 1:

15 rooms.

KG_IAC_D1.a78

DEMO ROM 1b

- Corrects ladder issue:

http://vhzc.games/roms/KG_IAC_D1b.a78

DEMO 2

- Lot of new content and mechanics.

- Second boss battle.

- More screens (30 screens in this release)

http://vhzc.games/roms/KG_IAC_D2.a78

DEMO 2b

- Hopefully corrects the ugly glitch on the first boss that could make it inmortal.

KG_IAC_D2b.a78

I am not able to reproduce the bug in dolphins screen, but I am checking trying to find the cause.

I am only using emulator because I don't have flashcart, so testing in real hardware is HIGHLY appreciated.

DEMO 3

- Another area and another boss.

- Some cosmetic changes.

- 40 screens.

https://www.vhzc.games/roms/KG_IAC_D3.a78

DEMO 4

- Another area and another boss.

- Several cosmetic changes.

vhzc.games/roms/KG_IAC_D4.a78

DEMO 5

- Cosmetic changes.

- Some changes in rooms order.

https://www.vhzc.games/roms/KG_IAC_D5.a78

RC1

- Cosmetic changes.

- Final Boss added.

vhzc.games/roms/KGIAC_RC1.a78

- update: correct some initialization issues.

vhzc.games/roms/KGIAC_RC1b.a78

Capturadepantalla_2024-04-06_17-10-48.thumb.png.049acf04057065edb964ba8c98b13ba9.png

Capturadepantalla_2024-04-06_17-10-33.thumb.png.b4c239225b606edb94020528f547699d.png

Capturadepantalla_2023-12-03_21-07-04.thumb.png.9d8fc60be2fb26dff9ab97eafe040164.png

Capturadepantalla_2023-12-01_21-20-29.thumb.png.ca85b4d7410d79ed99397b0c2e36b379.png

Capturadepantallade2023-11-0812-40-57.thumb.png.e881e2bf41c44d293119dd7399645659.png

Capturadepantallade2023-11-0813-11-38.thumb.png.2bf436684e92651bdfec8be5e8f7cfed.png

Capturadepantallade2023-11-0812-36-59.thumb.png.c176ea20d9927f8674f7ea60daffb3b5.png

Captura de pantalla_2023-12-03_14-38-54.png

Edited by vhzc
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Hehe... @vhzc I see new ideas implemented as additional anti-CB measures? I've not been able to get through the demo yet, but I only had time to try about 3 times last night on this. I like what I see so far although I do kinda miss the older Knight Guy sprite that was used in the earlier game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I do kinda miss the older Knight Guy sprite that was used in the earlier game.

Maybe add in an achievement that would allow you to play with the older sprite?

I haven’t tried the game yet, but hope to soon.

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Knight Guy - In Another Castle on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat tomorrow!

Games:

• Like 3

So, Christian Bale Knight Guy has become Ben Affleck Knight Guy :D

Trying to go down from this screen while on the ladder keeps immediately pushing Knight Guy up automatically as soon as the screen changes, reverting back to the below screen again.  Holding down from this spot, the game keeps flickering between the two screens:

image.png.7e84d1d0b44c266ff11a8216386acf73.png

If I go to the left or right having fallen off the ladder, Knight Guy stays on the below screen:

image.png.3d2eadfca61b3f5a3450f003fc8ff2b8.png

I paused above, as can be seen, a strong chance to just lose a life, and when Knight Guy reappears, he is once again dropping to a strong possibility of another death. 

2 hours ago, Trebor said:

So, Christian Bale Knight Guy has become Ben Affleck Knight Guy :D

Trying to go down from this screen while on the ladder keeps immediately pushing Knight Guy up automatically as soon as the screen changes, reverting back to the below screen again.  Holding down from this spot, the game keeps flickering between the two screens:

image.png.7e84d1d0b44c266ff11a8216386acf73.png

If I go to the left or right having fallen off the ladder, Knight Guy stays on the below screen:

image.png.3d2eadfca61b3f5a3450f003fc8ff2b8.png

I paused above, as can be seen, a strong chance to just lose a life, and when Knight Guy reappears, he is once again dropping to a strong possibility of dying again. 

This build should correct the ladder issue and the possible cheap death from falling.

http://vhzc.games/roms/KG_IAC_D1b.a78

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 5:15 PM, vhzc said:

New game in development.

A sequel of Knight Guy Castle Days.

Started to work on it a week ago or so, so is in really early stage of development, but playable demo is available.

Nice to hear this!

Love to see more and new homebrews coming.

I hope I’m not coming across as trying to sound like some bezzerwizzer here (there must be plenty of work behind all this), but a thing I feel could be a natural extension for a sequel (and which I sort of missed in the first) is more variation in the backdrops, like progression of settings with different backdrop tiles or elements particular to them…

Such things often gives me a much deeper feeling of ‘traveling’ through a game - short or long. 
Could be different looks for castle-hall, castle dungeon, castle towers, castle roof, castle moot, castle garden/forest. 
I understand there probably are limits to memory and stuff like that.

Just put it out there.

Appreciating all the homebrew-work being done!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Knight Guy - In Another Castle on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 5:14 PM, gambler172 said:

Hi Vladi

wow, finally I killed the 2nd boss...but what must I do then? There seems to be a ladder, I cannot reach.

Very great game.

Greetings Walter

Use the rope that is up in the water screens to reach the door with two arrows pointing to the left that is in the piranha screen, climb the stair and the demo is over :)

On 11/8/2023 at 1:15 PM, vhzc said:

DEMO 2b

- Hopefully corrects the ugly glitch on the first boss that could make it inmortal.

KG_IAC_D2b.a78 144.13 kB · 0 downloads

I am not able to reproduce the bug in dolphins screen, but I am checking trying to find the cause.

I am only using emulator because I don't have flashcart, so testing in real hardware is HIGHLY appreciated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Knight Guy - In Another Castle on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

20240109-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.7e663ffe3fa65da4e41f2d1edb59745d.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...