IGNORED

What happened in the 80’s and partially in the early 90’s videogame industry will NEVER happen again.

johannesmutlu

Back in the 80’s once coleco and atari did secured the rights to use nintendo’s ip’s for game consoles or computers once nintendo didn’t had their own cartride based home console,

HOWEVER once nintendo did got their nes and famicom system,they probably didn’t realize that atari could use that sign agreement from past with nintendo against them later on in their add campaigns, including their game brochures,tv commercials and game console boxes from certain systems,so while that sigment deal from nintendo with atari could,ve fetched extra money to nintendo,BUT it could,ve worked against them in the long run as well,it’s like using a barrowed knife from somebody and then using against him,

and boy what did atari tried real hard to compeat against the nintendo nes by also putting nintendo’s ip’s of certain games on the box of both their atari 2600 jr,atari xe and the atari 7800,they also did put nintendo’s ip’s on their own atari posters,game brochures and even their tv commercials,and whether those systems could hold a candle against the nes or not,they atleast tried it,

and I GARANTEE this will NEVER EVER happen again mark my words,

Will sony ever sign a deal with nintendo or sega etc,,, to use their ip’s and then later on use it against them in the long run with a nextgen system??? I personally don’t think so,

now while it is true that in the early 90’s philips signed a deal with nintendo to use some of their ip’s for their CDI system,but that CDI was originally intended as a multimedia system,it was not untill later that philips also used it as a game console,but even then it could hardly compeat against sega & nintendo,it simply had no chance,so i think the CDI was more a direct competitor against the commodore’s CDTV system,

Now while it is true that for  some mysterious reasons sony is making games for the nintendo switch, such as tiny metal 

By using a new ‘cover up’ label called unities,but if nintendo will be happy with that,i don’t know,maybe they’re happy about it,maybe they agreed a deal with sony to do so,if so,it might could bring back some old relations from the past and sloooowly restore it,never say no,but again,that’s a different story altogether.

E9034433-9E98-4C5C-8876-37089F241CE1.jpeg

8DC4107F-9FEB-4A35-9163-3F9E0C0C705B.jpeg

E9BC34A4-29C3-40C9-8665-E7DAFD6B30ED.jpeg

ECD30D6A-E8A8-4A66-B612-959D339AE2DE.jpeg

7343D97B-83F4-4CC6-87BF-246D2E3BFD8C.jpeg

F6FEB3A7-8B37-4278-96EF-DDC7BC0432CF.jpeg

ABCDF0DD-E3E4-4A03-9848-F7F0204A242F.jpeg

Edited by johannesmutlu

While this is yet another chocolate box of perfection, you have to choose something.

1 hour ago, johannesmutlu said:

I GARANTEE this will NEVER EVER happen again

I probably would avoid a product that says 100% garantee (made in Netherland being the only exception of course). 

1 hour ago, johannesmutlu said:

mark my words

The autocorrect is working overtime on that already, you should probably hear what it has to say. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wayler said:

While this is yet another chocolate box of perfection, you have to choose something.

I probably would avoid a product that says 100% garantee (made in Netherland being the only exception of course). 

The autocorrect is working overtime on that already, you should probably hear what it has to say. 

Haha🤣

‘‘I probably would avoid a product that says 100% garantee (made in  netherland being the only exception of course)’

well i personally never interested the philips VideoPac G7000 wich was made in the netherlands,because of it’s low specs,annoying keyboard,annoying wired controllers,wired rf cable ,wired power supply and berally any top known arcade games for it,well frogger and popeye may be the only exception in my opinion but even those versions are even more primitive then the atari 2600 versions of it,so that’s it.

well am glad philips did atleast released the way more powerful oddysey 3 G74000 console in europe wich still does has great potential so that’s that.

That's interesting. I actually wonder if Atari would be allowed to re-release Mario Bros or Donkey Kong... if they were the ones that released it. I remember Donkey Kong came in some weird white plastic cartridge (Nintendo?) while Mario Bros was one of the newer silver-label games... so I don't know how the rights or licensing was handled. There would be a fine line on whether or not they could re-sell the exact same game (under the existing sharing agreement if still valid), or if they could even do a "Recharged" so to speak.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Coleco as they had the rights for a while as the Colecovision pack-in.😉

RIGHT!!! Thank you... I still have it, and I think two other games like that. One of them I think is Carnival or something. I can't remember the other one. When my 2600+ comes in though, I'll bust them all out.

• Like 2