IGNORED

Intellivision Controllers - Do they ever pop up for sale individually?

If so, roughly how much does a fully-working one in good condition typically go for?

I check eBay from time to time but have yet to find a single listing. I suspect it has much to do with how controllers were directly wired into the original INTV, and weren't detachable until the INTV II. I've also never heard of any 3rd-party INTV controllers existing back in the day, so owners would have no reason to separate their INTV II controllers from their consoles.

I ask because my retrogaming setup is a Pi4 hooked up to a Trinitron via 3.5mm->RCA out. From there I use authentic controllers wherever possible, at the moment I've got the big ones: NES (OG NES pad w/RetroUSB Adapter), SNES (iBuffalo Classic), Genesis (Mini 3-Button Pad), PS1 (PS2->PS3 Adapter). The former were all super available. For Neo Geo/Arcade, I use a Raphnet Adapter + a Dreamcast Arcade Stick. I've also got a Mayflash Saturn Adapter (which conveniently allows 2 inputs $24.99, not a bad deal) but I mostly use that to play Fightcade on PC. On the rare occasion I play a Genesis game requiring a 6-button pad, I've got a USB pad that's nearly identical to a Saturn pad, but slightly cheaper quality.

Once in a while I consider buying a Ultimate PC Interface and going nuts with it, despite knowing I'd rarely play most of those. It's that time of year again, hence this thread.

They pop up there occasionally I just got a pair of Sears controllers a few months ago for $48 total, and missed out on another pair for $53 total.

Last night I bought a flashback system that apparently is broken for $35 total, and I'm hoping the controllers at least work, so I can use it with the Ultimate PC Interface which I would recommend if you're thinking about buying it. 

I love using the Inty II cuz you can remove the controllers and use Flashback controllers. I can't stand the Inty II controllers. The buttons are hard as a rock. The Flashback controllers do have to be rewired, but once that is done they work fine... I also have not seen much in the way of Flashback controllers on eBay... I would like to buy some so I can have more backups for my Inty System II.... 

I always hated it back in the day when the controllers on the 2609 would get all worn and gummed up. Back then there wasn't much you could do about it.... :( 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crash7 said:

I just bought a broken flashback for $26, he told me the console does a blank screen when you turn it on. I'm just hoping that the pads work when I hook them up to the Ultimate interface.  

My Ultimate Flashback works fine with the Flashback controllers. You should be good...Pretty sure the Flashback controllers work with the Gui Interface as well, but you might need the D9 adaptor for that... Been a while since I used it on my PC.....

20 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

My Ultimate Flashback works fine with the Flashback controllers. You should be good...Pretty sure the Flashback controllers work with the Gui Interface as well, but you might need the D9 adaptor for that... Been a while since I used it on my PC.....

The Ultimate Interface and the D9 are essentially the same adapter in this regard, so they will both function the same in Windows and in emulator.

They are both designed and made by the same person, but sold by different people.

• Like 1

No they were obviously used but they were tight and in very good condition.

I also have a broken Atari flashback console but I haven't tested the controllers yet.  

If anybody just wants the console without the controllers and whatnot just give me your address and you pay for the postage after I print the mailing label

On 12/3/2023 at 1:37 PM, Biff Burgertime said:

If so, roughly how much does a fully-working one in good condition typically go for?

I check eBay from time to time but have yet to find a single listing. I suspect it has much to do with how controllers were directly wired into the original INTV, and weren't detachable until the INTV II. I've also never heard of any 3rd-party INTV controllers existing back in the day, so owners would have no reason to separate their INTV II controllers from their consoles.

I ask because my retrogaming setup is a Pi4 hooked up to a Trinitron via 3.5mm->RCA out. From there I use authentic controllers wherever possible, at the moment I've got the big ones: NES (OG NES pad w/RetroUSB Adapter), SNES (iBuffalo Classic), Genesis (Mini 3-Button Pad), PS1 (PS2->PS3 Adapter). The former were all super available. For Neo Geo/Arcade, I use a Raphnet Adapter + a Dreamcast Arcade Stick. I've also got a Mayflash Saturn Adapter (which conveniently allows 2 inputs $24.99, not a bad deal) but I mostly use that to play Fightcade on PC. On the rare occasion I play a Genesis game requiring a 6-button pad, I've got a USB pad that's nearly identical to a Saturn pad, but slightly cheaper quality.

Once in a while I consider buying a Ultimate PC Interface and going nuts with it, despite knowing I'd rarely play most of those. It's that time of year again, hence this thread.

Theres a couple on ebay now

On 12/16/2023 at 3:34 PM, Morpheus said:

Me!!!🤠🤠🤠

Please ship them fast, I would like to get them by Christmass!!!🤪🤪🤣🤣

I think he means that Intellivision II controllers are the worst kind, so why would anybody want them?  You are better off finding Intellivision Flashback controllers and using an adaptor.  Now, those are superb!

dZ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DZ-Jay said:

I think he means that Intellivision II controllers are the worst kind, so why would anybody want them?  You are better off finding Intellivision Flashback controllers and using an adaptor.  Now, those are superb!

dZ.

Yeah, but as far as you keep them sealed and stored in your collection you don’t incur in any unconveniences!🤣🤣