IGNORED

New Game: Vexed (by Under4Mhz)

MrFish

42 minutes ago, MrFish said:

but I see there's a 5200 version (and a bunch of other platforms) available to download as well.

I was just going to go to the other post and comment about this.

I just got the 5200 versions of vexed game, and bloktris game, and neither game file work on the 5200 (the 8 - bit files work) but not the 5200 files. Neither get past the title screen.

IMG_20231203_200356627_PORTRAIT.jpg

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, RB5200 said:

I just got the 5200 versions of vexed game, and bloktris game, and neither game file work on the 5200 (the 8 - bit files work) but not the 5200 files. Neither get past the title screen.

That's too bad. I hadn't tried them myself; I just noticed there was a version posted for the 5200, and that the 8-bit computer version was working fine for me. Hopefully the author (since the original poster of the 8-bit computer thread was notified in my first post here) will look into this thread and see the information about the problems here.

[Edit]

I tried both of them too, in Altirra, and they're both doing just what you're saying.

32 minutes ago, MrFish said:

tried both of them too, in Altirra, and they're both doing just what you're saying.

Yeah, actually just tried them on the real machine and Vexed will crash and bloktris actually tries to play but has a complete mind of it's own, lol.

So it's still a no go, unfortunately.

So as you say, hopefully the author will see this and maybe be able to fix these.

Edited by RB5200

• 3 months later...

There are now 3 games for the Atari 5200 (and 8bit) available at this site (Minesweeper, Vexed, and Bloktris).  Like the comments above mention, I couldn't get past the title screen on the 5200 versions using Altirra, but these 5200 games do work properly with the atari800 emulator (tested with the latest 5.2.0 version).  The 8bit versions of these games do work with Altirra. Maybe @phaeron can take a look?

https://under4mhz.itch.io/

1 hour ago, rra said:

There are now 3 games for the Atari 5200 (and 8bit) available at this site (Minesweeper, Vexed, and Bloktris).  Like the comments above mention, I couldn't get past the title screen on the 5200 versions using Altirra, but these 5200 games do work properly with the atari800 emulator (tested with the latest 5.2.0 version).  The 8bit versions of these games do work with Altirra.

Yes there are 3 games, and they do not work on altirra, and they also don't work properly yet on real hardware either, but @Under4MHZ is working on getting them so they will at least work on real hardware, he says he is not really sure why they won't work on altirra. But they are being worked on.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, @Under4MHZ now has his game - Vexed - working on the 5200 and altirra. There is a link a couple posts above this one.

The only thing not working is the (start, pause, reset) buttons, which would allow one to get back to the menu screen, but it still plays and works just fine, other than that. It is a fun and challenging game. Try it out.

1 hour ago, rra said:

The 5200 version Vexed by Under4Mhz still doesn't launch in Altirra by pressing either of the fire buttons (or start).  The date of the .zip file is January 24th, so I'm not sure the download has been updated.

Yeah, I guess he hasn't updated it yet then. I figured he would have had that updated by now.