IGNORED

Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story - new compilation announced!

boog

To the guy thinking the enemies are random shit, they are not. Jeff had/has many influences like 60s 70s & 80s Rock music, Sci Fi novels of the same era and older (eg Heliconia by Brian Aldis is where the Ancipital beasty comes from), beverages like beer & Inca cola, anything to do with South America & even characters from other 80s games like Manic Miner etc etc. Some are very British like red public telephone boxes so if you're just not British it might seem random. 

I am a hardcore Minter fan and played many games on the original hardware mostly from tapes! I had a Vic 20, C64 and Atari St. I have got a Jag now too with working toilet seat, oh its a CD drive? 

I got the original Llamasoft newsletters (on paper by snail mail! - I think he wrote/drew it on an ST looking at the fonts etc) and this explained many of Jeff's likes and trips to Peru etc. 

I saw Jeff and spoke to him a few times at the Personal Computer World shows in the 80s. He was always a super nice guy and I'm so glad to have met him. I'd compare it to being able to say I chatted to Picasso as Jeff is Such a unique artist with his very distinctive own style with a generation spanning catalogue of surreal beastly games!!!! 

I love Jeff! 

I'm looking forward to getting this history lesson, I just reeeeeeeally want a blu ray disc for ps4!!! 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, boog said:

In case anyone was waiting for a discount, the llamasoft collection is currently 25% off on both the US and UK PSN...

Still no sign of a physical release.

Do I get the Llamasoft collection with the Atari 50 already? It's been a hot month since I've even turned on my VCS (not due to lack of interest, but just no time to play).

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

Do I get the Llamasoft collection with the Atari 50 already? It's been a hot month since I've even turned on my VCS (not due to lack of interest, but just no time to play).

No, the Llamasoft collection isn't available on the VCS.

Also, the only game that's in both Llamasoft collection and Atari 50 is Tempest 2000. The llamasoft collection has 40+ Jeff Minter games from various 8 bit & 16 bit computers... Tempest 2000 is the only console release and the newest game of the bunch.

Edited by boog
  • Thanks 1