IGNORED

Authenticity Check: Atari Jaguar Games on Vinted

Senneman

In Europe, there's a significant market for second-hand retro games on the Vinted app, with a particular focus on the Netherlands, Belgium, France, and Spain. I often come across newly printed Atari Jaguar games. Can these be trusted? Any insights from members of this forum who might have more information on this?

Some screenshots below:

IMG_2498.PNG IMG_2497.PNG

Edited by Senneman

You'd be supporting a bootlegger if you bought those. I'm sure they work fine, it's not hard to make a Jag cart. Total Carnage is still available from Songbird if you want a legit version. Otherwise if it's just games you want, get the JagGD cart instead of supporting a bootlegger.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, madman said:

You'd be supporting a bootlegger if you bought those. I'm sure they work fine, it's not hard to make a Jag cart. Total Carnage is still available from Songbird if you want a legit version. Otherwise if it's just games you want, get the JagGD cart instead of supporting a bootlegger.

Of course, I would never purchase games from a bootlegger! I believe the only new games I've bought indeed came directly from the Atariage Store, Songbird and recently from Peleiades (Gaztee). I was mainly curious if this individual is known or not. Unfortunately, for Europeans, buying games from the USA is incredibly expensive due to import costs. So, I can understand why people might be tempted 🥲

Oh, and, of course, I do own the Jaguar GameDrive 🙌

• Like 2

The annonces from this guy specify (in french) there are repros homemade. So another pirate...

He was also on Le Bon Coin, never managed to get him off from the site.

And probably bad quality repro. When I rebought a Jaguar 2 years ago, I got 2 repros with it, probably from him.

I gave one to @neo_rg and one to @Zerosquare to let them study the quality, and as you can see, I would not use one of them in may Jaguar :

Edited by Fadest
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1