IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

1 minute ago, Dr Karnov said:

There is a constant sonar noise in Polaris

Nah I have Polaris and it's good. The game I saw had a constant annoying sonar noise with slow moving subs, and you shooting from the surface down. I think. 🤣

3 hours ago, Atari2600PAL said:

I think I need to learn how you sell on eBay, this is most of my duplicates (mixture of PAL/NTSC)

Don't know what I was thinking really!

image.thumb.jpeg.e71030c82ca25f225c04c162fbd461fc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.10b7ef06c8ae5ab6ab41c69d448482b2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6d0993b4ca91317e3c1b1d71c1180ea8.jpeg

Oh yes you do, you could make a nice wee bundle with some of those - especially given the condition of your manuals 👍

5 hours ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Yeah, the Star Ship Lunar Lander is not quite what you might expect.  Technically there is a lunar module, there is a moon, there is a thrust rocket, but...   this is an early game, part of a parcel of late 70s games that were all discontinued because they didn't really sell.  It has some ambitious 3D game play in the main games, but ultimately is a bit klunky.  Also this game oddly expects use of the right controller.  It has some minor historical significance, and the artwork is nice.  It's interesting when Tele-Games have artwork at all and then it somehow matches/bests the Atari artwork. 

However, although I don't know if it works in 2600+, there is this:

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1099

See that’s what they could have released standalone and I bet they’d have sold more copies than Star Ship. Sadly though I’m interested in stuff in the AtariAge store, unless something has changed they don’t ship outside of the USA.

On 1/5/2024 at 10:09 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Well toeing the company line its a minimum of four

Let's have some fun and speculate. Here's two:

Super Mega Breakout Plus

An enhanced game with Arkanoid style power ups and new brick types and layouts. 

Combat Enhanced

Single player, all the old maps plus new ones too. Some speech added, well, cos speech was always cool on old consoles/computers. 🤷🏻

Speech suggestions - On the title screen, "Combat... Enhaaaaaanced!"

When you win in single player "Victory!"

At the end of a multi player game "Player 1/2 wins!"

When you lose in single player  "Awwwww"

🤷🏻🤣

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

Like many of you I have been chomping at the bit to play Star Raiders; without the use of the keypad this is not possible.  These are the carts I have that replicate the experience of playing star raiders. As far as controls go Starmaster is close but not the same.  Does anyone know of other games with a first-person flying through space type of vibe?

image.thumb.jpeg.1fb0083f7981825dafd917860628822b.jpeg

Also just got 7800 Dark Chambers sealed from atarisales.com - thank you to whomever posted that link.

image.thumb.jpeg.4a43a57afb4efea476b729d263e144d7.jpeg

Edited by Bitsized
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Bitsized said:

Like many of you I have been chomping at the bit to play Star Raiders; without the use of the keypad this is not possible.  These are the carts I have that replicate the experience of playing star raiders.  Are there any others that you know of that have that first person flying through space type of vibe.  As far as controls go Starmaster is close but not the same.

image.thumb.jpeg.1fb0083f7981825dafd917860628822b.jpeg

Also just got 7800 Dark Chambers sealed from atarisales.com - thank you to whomever posted that link.

image.thumb.jpeg.4a43a57afb4efea476b729d263e144d7.jpeg

I have 2600 Dark Chambers, the 7800 version is one I'm avoiding, hoping for a new release. 🤞🏻

• Like 3

Dark Cavern crossed the ocean and is ready to play🤙

The price was 4,99$ 🤗

Plus shipping and tax = 26,95$🙄

But it had to be the NTSC version as the slower speed of the PAL version has got an impact to that game.

20240107_010650.jpg

20240107_010614.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Dark Cavern crossed the ocean and is ready to play🤙

The price was 4,99$ 🤗

Plus shipping and tax = 26,95$🙄

But it had to be the NTSC version as the slower speed of the PAL version has got an impact to that game.

20240107_010650.jpg

20240107_010614.jpg

Yay! Enjoy! One of my favourite games. 

How are you liking?

8 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Yay! Enjoy! One of my favourite games. 

How are you liking?

It is very good🤗

I have Dungeon Stalker for the 7800 too.

Quite a few interesting upcoming 7800 games in the Atariage shop right now but I'll wait for 2600+ confirmation, before I order, as the plan is to replace my 7800 by the 2600+. The 2600 Jr will stay extended time anyway due to Atarivox and Trakball support missing currently and my  personal Juno First cart fails on the plus 🤙

That is the good thing about the 2600+

NTSC or PAL? 2600 or 7800?

Who cares!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

It is very good🤗

Quite a few interesting upcoming 7800 games in the Atariage shop right now but I'll wait for 2600+ confirmation, before I order, as the plan is to replace my 7800 by the 2600+. The 2600 Jr will stay extended time anyway due to Atarivox and Trakball support missing currently and my  personal Juno First cart fails on the plus 🤙

That is the good thing about the 2600+

NTSC or PAL? 2600 or 7800?

Who cares!

I have been looking at Dungeon Stalker since the recommendation on here. I am hoping for a new 2600 Plus release. 

Yes, I love that PAL/NTSC is not as much of a factor, just give me the best version, usually NTSC. 😬🤣

• Like 1

I got the 2600+ on Christmas Day. We had a house full of family, and the next day headed out of town for the week. While on vacation, I did some eBaying, and got these carts. Turns out, I already had boxes versions of the SwordQuest games.

Really like Blue Print. Never played it before.

PXL_20231231_170929520.MP.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Bitsized said:

Like many of you I have been chomping at the bit to play Star Raiders; without the use of the keypad this is not possible.  These are the carts I have that replicate the experience of playing star raiders. As far as controls go Starmaster is close but not the same.  Does anyone know of other games with a first-person flying through space type of vibe?

Imagic's Star Voyager is similar, but with no map. Phaser Patrol from Arcadia/Starpath is very similar, but you need a Supercharger, a cassette tape player, and at the moment a real 2600. M Network's Space Attack is also similar, but the map screen is now about sending out squadrons of ships to engage different enemy fleets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

I got the 2600+ on Christmas Day. We had a house full of family, and the next day headed out of town for the week. While on vacation, I did some eBaying, and got these carts. Turns out, I already had boxes versions of the SwordQuest games.

Really like Blue Print. Never played it before.

PXL_20231231_170929520.MP.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Blueprint is good isn't it, boring label, but fun game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Yes! That's the one! Thank you. 

Do you own it?

Yes, but it is probably the least played out of all the Sega games. Well, that or Buck Rogers. I probably need to give it some more playtime. I do need the stickers and sticker sheet for it though.

Sub Scan starts out slow, but stick with it. This and Tac-Scan are a couple of my favorites from an artwork and extras point of view. The instructions double as a poster.

My CIB Sega games are Star Trek, Sub SCan and Tac-Scan. 

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sramirez2008 said:

Sub Scan starts out slow, but stick with it. This and Tac-Scan are my favorites from an artwork and extras point of view. My CIB Sega games are Star Trek, Sub SCan and Tac-Scan. 

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

I've seen these on YouTube, lovely artwork, what a great set to own! 🤟🏻😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Karnov said:

My Tigervision collection is taking shape. For me, some of the best games on Atari, and definitely the prettiest carts 

IMG_20240107_125608.jpg

IMG_20240107_125512.jpg

Very cool, I just have Threshold in the post left to arrive. Do you like it?

I was careful when buying Marauder not to buy the red cartridge version as they are repurposed Jawbreaker shells, often with labels underneath. Although some would argue that it makes them collectable too.  I just like the white shell better. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Very cool, I just have Threshold in the post left to arrive. Do you like it?

I was careful when buying Marauder not to buy the red cartridge version as they are repurposed Jawbreaker shells, often with labels underneath. Although some would argue that it makes them collectable too.  I just like the white shell better. 

Yeah, Threshold is excellent. I received it the same day (last week) as Activision's Megamania, which is similar but I definitely like Threshold more

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Quite a few interesting upcoming 7800 games in the Atariage shop right now but I'll wait for 2600+ confirmation, before I order, as the plan is to replace my 7800 by the 2600+.

Me too.  I got it for my 7800.  With the beta firmware update the game does work on the 2600+.  It was mentioned on the beta thread.

• Like 2