IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

Received my other two CIB games. Armor Ambush is still sealed. I preferred Armor Ambush over Combat. Combat was one of my favorites until I purchased Armor Ambush. It’s two players only. My brother and I use to play this years ago! Each player has 2 Tanks to control on the screen and a total of 25 Tanks. You can only control one Tank at a time but you can switch Tanks any time by pulling back on the controller. 
Terrain plays a part in how fast or slow your Tanks move. First player to loose his 25 Tanks is the loooooser

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Received my other two CIB games. Armor Ambush is still sealed. I preferred Armor Ambush over Combat. Combat was one of my favorites until I purchased Armor Ambush. It’s two players only. My brother and I use to play this years ago! Each player has 2 Tanks to control on the screen and a total of 25 Tanks. You can only control one Tank at a time but you can switch Tanks any time by pulling back on the controller. 
Terrain plays a part in how fast or slow your Tanks move. First player to loose his 25 Tanks is the loooooser

IMG_0671.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

I like Armor Ambush and Combat. They should add 1 player variations against CPU, if Atari ever re-releases them both.

R.T.F.S.O...Rip that fcukn seal off! 💪🏻😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I like Armor Ambush and Combat. They should add 1 player variations against CPU, if Atari ever re-releases them both.

we need more 1P titles, that'll be set!

even if they would make an original tank game thats turn based, why not? Cool ideas!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

I’m R.T.F.S.O.!😆😆🤣

• Haha 2

I decided to count my carts and turns out I'm up to 129 working games.  Actually 130 with an unopened Radar Lock.  That's mostly 1st- and major 3rd-party games (Activision, Imagic, M-Network, PB, Sega), a small handful of more obscure games, plus the 2600+ launch carts, maybe 10-12 vintage 7800, and a few early Atari XP carts.  I haven't bought more than a 2 or 3 in the past three months, after I bought up almost everything obvious to have, including a few more rare/expensive games.  Somebody gifted me another copy of ET, and my Centipede copy got so flakey I had to replace it, but have otherwise avoided duplicates.  I don't have a lot of homebrews or more obscure branded carts, but picking up a few of those and maybe any more new releases is probably the only way I'll get to 150-ish, and not sure I'll ever go far past that.  But still... that's a lot of Atari games for somebody who started with almost nothing back in October.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

You know your collecting is getting getting out of control when you collect collections.

I decided to put together CIB copies of the Pac-Man series.

IMG_20240608_111101.thumb.jpg.8f8ad0f91b03feef201333748cd8d936.jpg

IMG_20240608_111141.thumb.jpg.9a122250f68f684200fab3fd3f274be0.jpg

IMG_20240608_111225.thumb.jpg.c4bb120df92e948ad07250eaed8c4e34.jpg

I am happy to have this version of the original Pac-Man, I don't like the other creepy tiny eye version. Shudder. 

I also have a CIB 7800 Ms Pac-Man. Really good game. 

Hombrew wise I think Pac-Man 8K (4K is close, maybe I need to play it more) is the best. Imagine a collection of all of these on one cart. Obviously that won't happen, but it would be pretty great.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

You know your collecting is getting getting out of control when you collect collections.

I decided to put together CIB copies of the Pac-Man series.

IMG_20240608_111101.thumb.jpg.8f8ad0f91b03feef201333748cd8d936.jpg

IMG_20240608_111141.thumb.jpg.9a122250f68f684200fab3fd3f274be0.jpg

IMG_20240608_111225.thumb.jpg.c4bb120df92e948ad07250eaed8c4e34.jpg

I am happy to have this version of the original Pac-Man, I don't like the other creepy tiny eye version. Shudder. 

I also have a CIB 7800 Ms Pac-Man. Really good game. 

Hombrew wise I think Pac-Man 8K (4K is close, maybe I need to play it more) is the best. Imagine a collection of all of these on one cart. Obviously that won't happen, but it would be pretty great.

🤙

20240608_140511.jpg

20240608_140246.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/8/2024 at 12:22 AM, Brad_from_the_80s said:

I decided to count my carts and turns out I'm up to 129 working games.  Actually 130 with an unopened Radar Lock.  That's mostly 1st- and major 3rd-party games (Activision, Imagic, M-Network, PB, Sega), a small handful of more obscure games, plus the 2600+ launch carts, maybe 10-12 vintage 7800, and a few early Atari XP carts.  I haven't bought more than a 2 or 3 in the past three months, after I bought up almost everything obvious to have, including a few more rare/expensive games.  Somebody gifted me another copy of ET, and my Centipede copy got so flakey I had to replace it, but have otherwise avoided duplicates.  I don't have a lot of homebrews or more obscure branded carts, but picking up a few of those and maybe any more new releases is probably the only way I'll get to 150-ish, and not sure I'll ever go far past that.  But still... that's a lot of Atari games for somebody who started with almost nothing back in October.

You have a bigger collection than me.  Not sure how many I'll end up collecting in the end.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

A Pac-Man collection on one cart would be neat.  It could happen, you never know.

As much as I doubt it will ever happen Blaze managed to license two Namco carts for their Evercade, so yeah there is a chance. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

A Pac-Man collection on one cart would be neat.  It could happen, you never know.

Only! OBI (BEN) KENOBI can make that happen!

USE THE FORCE BEN!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20240608_131857.thumb.jpg.0310eca117e922168c94d3288c0bd747.jpg

20240608_132007.thumb.jpg.843bb4c477c4e9910cfde3b8361ae7e9.jpg

These arrived today.  I like both games.  Phoenix replaced Marine Wars.  That one wasn't available unfortunately.  I'll have to get it some other time.  But having a CIB Phoenix is nice.  It's missing the comic though.

Submarine Commander is good.  I played it on the default game mode.

Phoenix is a fun shooter.  I like the shield feature.  If only the game had auto fire as well.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

The latest addition to my slowly growing addiction. :)

Freeway is to play with my kids. I like the concept that the chickens are not dying after a collision, otherwise it would be hard to convince my daughter to play it with me. Label is a reprint. 
Vanguard is one of those shooters I played as a kid in arcades. Simple but fun. 

IMG_2927.jpeg

Edited by MarcinJ
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MarcinJ said:

The latest addition to my slowly growing addiction. :)

Freeway is to play with my kids. I like the concept that the chickens are not dying after a collision, otherwise it would be hard to convince my daughter to play it with me. Label is a reprint. 
Vanguard is one of those shooters I played as a kid in arcades. Simple but fun. 

IMG_2927.jpeg

My daughter and I played Freeway all the time when she was younger. Other favorites were Maze Craze, Sneak and Peak, Flag Capture, Keystone Kapers. Freeway is an awesome game when you’re playing kids. Being a big kid myself I enjoy playing these games also! 😄 

Great pick on Vanguard!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3