IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

Got another Quelle hack🤙

Die Unterwasser-Bestien is Seaquest in a pitch black sea with different sprites.

Speed and play are equal to the PAL cart from Activision. Now I wait for the Activision NTSC cart to check the boost🤗

20240613_170526.jpg

20240613_165635.jpg

20240613_165449.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Got another Quelle hack🤙

Die Unterwasser-Bestien is Seaquest in a pitch black sea with different sprites.

Speed and play are equal to the PAL cart from Activision. Now I wait for the Activision NTSC cart to check the boost🤗

20240613_170526.jpg

20240613_165635.jpg

20240613_165449.jpg

Very nice!

I played this ROM a couple of weeks back and enjoyed it for what it is.

You will enjoy NTSC Seaquest for sure, one of my favourites!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Got another Quelle hack🤙

20240613_170526.jpg

20240613_165635.jpg

20240613_165449.jpg

The Underwater Beasts 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Very nice!

I played this ROM a couple of weeks back and enjoyed it for what it is.

You will enjoy NTSC Seaquest for sure, one of my favourites!

PAL Seaquest and Unterwasser-Bestien seem to be very similar... got 73000 points when I played Quelle and 74000 right after playing Activision 😊

When I got the Activision cart in 2009, my score was about 89000, so with some training I should get 120000 maybe but the highest score I found on the Internet is about 365000🙄

Looking forward to the NTSC cart🤗

20240613_232357.jpg

20240613_232416.jpg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

JUNGLE HUNT CIB arrived today!

I don’t remember reading the story to this game until now. It seems rather horrid I must say chum!

And if this guy doesn’t look like Terry Thomas then I don’t look like Tom Cruise!

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0729.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0731.jpeg

I also have this CIB, but embarrassingly I have not RTFM yet. He was definitely Terry Thomas, that's without a doubt 😂 

I'm crap at the jumping over boulders part. 🤷🏻

Make me a cocktail Tom!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I'm crap at the jumping over boulders part.

Me too.  I hate that part.  It's hard to jump over them using a joystick.  Once I get the game, I'd use the custom gamepad to see if it's easier.  It should be.  I've never beaten the game but perhaps one day I will.

Also, when playing Dragon Fire with the joystick, that was not easy.  But using the custom gamepad, I can get past the fireballs & get the treasure.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I also have this CIB, but embarrassingly I have not RTFM yet. He was definitely Terry Thomas, that's without a doubt 😂 

I'm crap at the jumping over boulders part. 🤷🏻

Make me a cocktail Tom!

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

Me too.  I hate that part.  It's hard to jump over them using a joystick.  Once I get the game, I'd use the custom gamepad to see if it's easier.  It should be.  I've never beaten the game but perhaps one day I will.

Way back I use to be fairly good at this game. I was playing recently and I found the boulders difficult also! After playing awhile it must have come back to me because I started making past the boulders but not the cannibals. lol! I’ll get there I must save Lady P!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

JUNGLE HUNT CIB arrived today!

I don’t remember reading the story to this game until now. It seems rather horrid I must say chum!

And if this guy doesn’t look like Terry Thomas then I don’t look like Tom Cruise!

IMG_0730.jpeg

IMG_0729.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

IMG_0731.jpeg

Great game for the 2600. They toned things down a bit graphically obviously, still the gameplay is there thou.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Also, when playing Dragon Fire with the joystick, that was not easy.  But using the custom gamepad, I can get past the fireballs & get the treasure.  

I noticed with Dragonfire that it seems tougher with the stick, though perhaps that's due to me having it on Intellivision back in the day.  Awaiting my gamepads to arrive so I can try it with those.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ABA180 said:

I noticed with Dragonfire that it seems tougher with the stick, though perhaps that's due to me having it on Intellivision back in the day.  Awaiting my gamepads to arrive so I can try it with those.

The opposite with me. I find Dragonfire easier with the original CX40 Joystick.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Saved her again and there she is! lol Awesome Game! Lot of fun!

IMG_0741.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg

In almost a half century of surviving life on this rock, still never got the girl in this game. The "pygmy chief" gets me every time. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:

In almost a half century of surviving life on this rock, still never got the girl in this game. The "pygmy chief" gets me every time. 

Try moving as close as you can to the Pygmy chief. Back and forth till you get close enough. As the chief moves away from you run at him and jump. You should be in the air as he comes back towards you. Now go get Lady P! 😁

• Like 4

Audacity Games have just put up a boxed version of Alien Abduction by John Van Ryzin who not only wrote H.E.R.O. but this is the spiritual successor (i.e..they don't have the rights to call it H.E.R.O. 2!). I believe it was a (the new) VCS exclusive originally. Hoping this will work on the 2600+. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SparkleFork said:

Audacity Games have just put up a boxed version of Alien Abduction by John Van Ryzin who not only wrote H.E.R.O. but this is the spiritual successor (i.e..they don't have the rights to call it H.E.R.O. 2!). I believe it was a (the new) VCS exclusive originally. Hoping this will work on the 2600+. 

The updated 2600+ firmware supports the 128K bank-switching format which Audacity used in their previous game (Circus Convoy). So I expect Alien Abduction to also work, as according to John Van Ryzin, his game is also 128K because that was the smallest rom-size available.

Assuming that the PAL version of the game is running at 50Hz, the game will run both on original hardware and the 2600+, showing the correct colors.

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 2

20240618_1752522.thumb.jpg.56c3742ecf40c556ba7e01672b2c0b5f.jpg

Here's the one I was talking about with the different label.  It's a good tank game.  I like it.  I've played it before digitally.  Now I own a physical copy.  Too bad it doesn't have any game modes or difficulty settings.  

It would be neat if a sequel or enhanced version was released on 2600/7800. 

Edit: with weapon powerups & updated graphics.  Maybe have new enemy tanks as well.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Here's the one I was talking about with the different label.  It's a good tank game.  I like it.  I've played it before digitally.  Now I own a physical copy.  Too bad it doesn't have any game modes or difficulty settings.  

A SEGA game! When I wasn’t playing Air Raiders back in the day I was playing THUNDERGROUND! Awesome game @Intellivision Master

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

A SEGA game! When I wasn’t playing Air Raiders back in the day I was playing THUNDERGROUND! Awesome game @Intellivision Master

Thunderground was based on this game.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_(video_game)

Also, when I read the manual online for Thunderground, it didn't say anything about your tank changing colors when picking up items.  When playing the game again after so long, I was like how come my tank changed color.  Because I forgot about that.  Then I figured it was due to getting the items which caused it.  The manual could have said something about that but I guess it wasn't important enough.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 1:05 AM, Intellivision Master said:

Edit: with weapon powerups & updated graphics.  Maybe have new enemy tanks as well.

Thunderground is good! I have never seen this label, what do you know about it? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Thunderground is good! I have never seen this label, what do you know about it? 

It is a good game.  I don't know much about the label.  It's an NTSC cart.  Play Video made 4 games according to a list I found.  But it has to be more since Thunderground wasn't on the list. Not sure how many games they made.  I got the cart from a seller who has a collection of Brazilian carts.  A few months ago I got the 4in1 multi-cart from the same seller.  But that cart only fits in my 7800.

I posted this link of the company list in another post but here it is again.  You'll see that Play Video did 4 games, the second link shows that.  Not sure when the list was last updated.  There's no way to update it since the link at the top of the page doesn't work.

• Like 1