IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

20240525_120957.thumb.jpg.02ebff69fec2affa61ea9898ea6fcc8f.jpg

This arrived today.  It's a good game.  I've played the ROM but now I have the physical cart.  My first Sega cart for 2600.

If this game ever got an enhanced version on 2600, it would need 2 things.  The enemy fights back to make it more challenging.  The other is controlling the speed of the depth charge after launching it.  

Also, it would be cool if there was a sequel called Sub Scan 2.0 and have it on the 7800.  With updated graphics and also different weather effects as well.  Sunny, foggy, etc. 

There'd be a night time level.  The dark water hides the enemy subs.  You must use sonar to locate them.  Or perhaps a night time level with a storm.  The lightning lights up the sky and the enemy subs are visible in the water briefly.  After seeing where they are, you launch the depth charges.  

Hopefully an enhanced version or sequel happens.  I think it would be good either way.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

It was under $100, but still more than I wanted to pay.

I already have another real pokey in my Concerto from an old Ballblazer cart I gutted about a decade ago.

I don't think you overpaid for it if you paid under 100 bucks. It's been pretty consistently going for around 100 bucks. You should see the prices I had to pay for Baby Pac Man and 7800 Space Invaders.

I still haven't been able to get Pac Mac Collection (should have gotten one here before the buyout, but that's life) because the last time I tried bidding on it, it went for over 315 dollars. 

I don't regret them one bit, nothing like playing arcade accurate (or close) space invaders for 5 minutes whenever the mood strikes me and it's a handsome cart. That 100 bucks is $32.26 in 1982. And yes, I have a version of it on the PS5, I have a version of it on a bunch of other classic retroconsoles... but it's just not the same as slotting in a cart to a 2600 looking device. That's gold. 

Back to commando, It may have been more than you thought you should pay, but our money isn't worth what most of us old timers think it should be worth these days. Plus, life's short. getting in that time with commando will be well worth that 100 bucks eventually and you can always sell it in the future if you have to. it's not like they'll decline in price, methinks, as they naturally become scarcer and inflation continues to accumulate

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

I don't think you overpaid for it if you paid under 100 bucks. It's been pretty consistently going for around 100 bucks. You should see the prices I had to pay for Baby Pac Man and 7800 Space Invaders.

I still haven't been able to get Pac Mac Collection (should have gotten one here before the buyout, but that's life) because the last time I tried bidding on it, it went for over 315 dollars. 

I don't regret them one bit, nothing like playing arcade accurate (or close) space invaders for 5 minutes whenever the mood strikes me and it's a handsome cart. That 100 bucks is $32.26 in 1982. And yes, I have a version of it on the PS5, I have a version of it on a bunch of other classic retroconsoles... but it's just not the same as slotting in a cart to a 2600 looking device. That's gold. 

Back to commando, It may have been more than you thought you should pay, but our money isn't worth what most of us old timers think it should be worth these days. Plus, life's short. getting in that time with commando will be well worth that 100 bucks eventually and you can always sell it in the future if you have to. it's not like they'll decline in price, methinks, as they naturally become scarcer and inflation continues to accumulate

Totally agree, life is short, good health not guaranteed, grab the good times whilst you can. 😊 I spent too much of my life worrying about 'Hmmm, is that too much? I won't buy it'. Not now. 

I'm 49 so I have more years behind me than ahead, and the years ahead are guaranteed to be in poorer health than those gone. 

If you want something and can afford it, buy it... As long as it's not insane of course, we all enjoy value, but the joy I've had from some of these games has made them a real bargain to me. Enjoy your hobbies people! 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, shane857 said:

Purchased this today. Quite a rare game in the UK especially.

Gameplay is similar to Pitfall, single screen only thou.

s-l1600.jpg

Very nice 🤗

I got mine maybe 15 years ago, when prices were much lower.

Your label looks a bit like mine... real Frankenstein style, I would say🤙

It was my first cart from them and I thought maybe the worn label was intended... then I bought more and found they just don't age well🤣

20240526_191849.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Totally agree, life is short, good health not guaranteed, grab the good times whilst you can. 😊 I spent too much of my life worrying about 'Hmmm, is that too much? I won't buy it'. Not now. 

I'm 49 so I have more years behind me than ahead, and the years ahead are guaranteed to be in poorer health than those gone. 

If you want something and can afford it, buy it... As long as it's not insane of course, we all enjoy value, but the joy I've had from some of these games has made them a real bargain to me. Enjoy your hobbies people! 

Nice to come over here for a little perspective...Plus now I don't feel like a dope making an offer of over $100 on Cool World for the NES.  (I just wanted it)...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Very nice 🤗

It was my first cart from them and I thought maybe the worn label was intended... then I bought more and found they just don't age well🤣

20240526_191849.jpg

So Data Age must have been Gameworld in Europe?    Interesting.

I bought mine BITD and remembered that it was an Awesome game,  but for some reason I thought I paid full price for it (about $29.99).  Now that I've pulled it out and looked though,  I guess this one was a victim of The Crash.

The $5.90 price tag (which is folded over) covers a $7.90 price tag from Circus World, which IIRC started as Three Wishes, then became Circus World, then changed to KayBee Toys...(AKA the Toy Store in The Mall)

20240526_131941.thumb.jpg.9000607af731750a5ae88b1cf63a78b7.jpg  

20240526_132022.thumb.jpg.f975501c729837decf745a22a1c7d1c3.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

So Data Age must have been Gameworld in Europe?    Interesting.

I bought mine BITD and remembered that it was an Awesome game,  but for some reason I thought I paid full price for it (about $29.99).  Now that I've pulled it out and looked though,  I guess this one was a victim of The Crash.

The $5.90 price tag (which is folded over) covers a $7.90 price tag from Circus World, which IIRC started as Three Wishes, then became Circus World, then changed to KayBee Toys...(AKA the Toy Store in The Mall)

20240526_131941.thumb.jpg.9000607af731750a5ae88b1cf63a78b7.jpg  

20240526_132022.thumb.jpg.f975501c729837decf745a22a1c7d1c3.jpg

Complete in box. Nice 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Very nice 🤗

20240526_191849.jpg

Yeh, like IMAGIC games if you buy carts loose, they don't age well. I have not received or played the game yet, in the post/mail.

I bought it because it kind of stood out. ☠️🔩🧟‍♂️ 😂

• Like 3

17 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

This is interesting.  I didn't know about those other store names.  I remember KayBee toys.  I miss them just like I miss Toys R Us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Very nice 🤗

20240526_191849.jpg

It's alive, it's alive. Lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, shane857 said:

Think it was just released on the C64, Atari 2600 and Colecovision. 🤔

So the box is confusing arcade with home computers and consoles? They had aspirations I’m sure 😁

• Like 2

On 5/27/2024 at 8:52 AM, Intellivision Master said:

This is interesting.  I didn't know about those other store names.  I remember KayBee toys.  I miss them just like I miss Toys R Us.

Geoffrey Bucks!

I remember when I was younger I had to return an item to Toys R Us. The manager said he could only refund my item with Geoffrey Bucks! I said I didn’t use Geoffrey Bucks when I purchased the item I used Jackson Bucks! 🤣

• Haha 3

20240528_135203.thumb.jpg.076b15729db3ff2a6dbbd5f1fcccefee.jpg

Here's the Star Wars game with manual.  I read it before playing since I haven't played the game in a while.  It's nice to have the cart.  As before I played it digitally.  It's the first Star Wars cart in my 2600 collection.

By the way, there were no more Star Wars games on an Atari console after the 5200.  The 7800 should of at least had one.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

20240528_135203.thumb.jpg.076b15729db3ff2a6dbbd5f1fcccefee.jpg

Here's the Star Wars game with manual.  I read it before playing since I haven't played the game in a while.  It's nice to have the cart.  As before I played it digitally.  It's the first Star Wars cart in my 2600 collection.

By the way, there were no more Star Wars games on an Atari console after the 5200.  The 7800 should of at least had one.  

Sadly, Parker Brothers was out of the video gaming biz by then, and would be bought out in 1991.

• Like 1