IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

1 minute ago, Intellivision Master said:

Well, I bought another loose cart for the 2600.  It's a Star Wars game with the manual.  It should arrive this week with the other loose cart I recently got. 

This is interesting as I plan to post about a Star Wars game later, getting work out of the way first. I wonder if it's the same one.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

This is interesting as I plan to post about a Star Wars game later, getting work out of the way first. I wonder if it's the same one.

Work can wait! Atari comes first!

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY! 

HA! HA!

• Haha 3

Here is another portion of my Long Island haul.  They had a lot of rare stuff and were marketing based off Ebay prices.  I've been seeking out the Super Breakout CIB for the box art, and it's a rad game.  After playing Crystal Castles as an adult (on the Atari 50) I understood it better.  As a kid, I dismissed it.  So, with this new-found appreciation, I wanted it CIB.  Jr. Pacman, like I said, I already owned the cart and manual and they sold me the box and cart for $10.  This is why I need to find that trade section of these forums.  Those other loose carts I got because GenXGrownup rated them favorably, or I feel I need to revisit as an adult to appreciate them better (Raiders of the Lost Ark).

image.thumb.jpeg.0abb885e524ac12617ad965b09de227b.jpeg

• Like 8

On 5/20/2024 at 11:02 PM, Maztr_0n said:

It does seem really fun to be able to get all kinds of games and perhaps if someone really wants to mess around, make their own labels for the repros! Who said arts and crafts has to stop in elementary school?

I make an end label if the original one is missing or messed up.  It's nothing fancy.  I just write the game title and then attach the label.  It sticks from the adhesive.  The labels I got fit perfectly.  But it'll depend on the cart shape.  The labels I have work well with the standard Atari carts.  Also, arts and crafts is fun.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I lied! I just ordered two CIB games $10 each plus shipping! I’ll post here when they arrive! Lol!

I’ll never stop it’s all Ben’s fault for bringing back the Atari 2600! Hee! hee!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I’ll never stop it’s all Ben’s fault for bringing back the Atari 2600! Hee! hee!

Yes, let's blame Ben.  😆  But no really, it is nice that a 2600 clone console was released that plays original carts.  I didn't think I'd get one but since I never had a 2600 growing up, I decided to buy it.  However I did have the FB9 but I don't count that because it couldn't play carts.  Having the 2600+ is great.  And the fact it can play 7800 games too even though I have an original 7800 as well.  I use it more so for homebrews.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Yes, let's blame Ben.  😆  But no really, it is nice that a 2600 clone console was released that plays original carts.  I didn't think I'd get one but since I never had a 2600 growing up, i decided to buy it.  However I did have the FB9 but I don't count that because it couldn't play carts.  Having the 2600+ is great.  And the fact it can play 7800 games too even though I have an original 7800 as well.  I use it more so for homebrews.

I only recently heard of FB9 it looked pretty interesting I never knew it existed. Yes the Atari 2600+ is great! I can’t believe they still have to release an Official Update that will make it even greater!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I only recently heard of FB9 it looked pretty interesting I never knew it existed. Yes the Atari 2600+ is great! I can’t believe they still have to release an Official Update that will make it even greater!

I also had the Atari FB portable.  The first model.  It was a decent handheld.  There were 4 models made by At Games.  I'm waiting for the official update on the 2600+.  Hopefully there won't be a lot of steps like the beta update had.  I skipped that because it seemed complex.  With all those steps it's like doing a long math problem.  Lol.  The official update should have less steps involved.  I also thought of getting another 2600+ with the official firmware already on it.  It would be good to have another one just for the heck of it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I also had the Atari FB portable.  The first model.  It was a decent handheld.  There were 4 models made by At Games.  I'm waiting for the official update on the 2600+.  Hopefully there won't be a lot of steps like the beta update had.  I skipped that because it seemed complex.  With all those steps it's like doing a long math problem.  Lol.  The official update should have less steps involved.  I also thought of getting another 2600+ with the official firmware already on it.  It would be good to have another one just for the heck of it.  

Ok, I apologize @Intellivision Master you were talking about a Flashback. I don’t know why I was thinking Fairchild Channel F game system. So I do know what a FB9 is. I never had the FB Portable is that any good? I do have a couple of Flashbacks. I have 2 and X or 10. Nothing wrong with having two x 2600+!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

You can't ever quit @MrChickenz, I thought I could, twice, and here I am, spending all my money on 40 year old pieces of plastic. 🤷🏻 It's my life now. 🤣

But it is worth to do it🤗

On Saturday I'll attend a local event and let the people play a selection of my carts on the 2600+

Never collect for the shelves🕹

They could try a lot of games and compare paddle/joystick controls with a modern dualsense and will see it depends on the type of game, which one is better😊

Well, for 🕹🕹stick games like Robotron 2084 the result is obvious😉

Inserting carts is the essential part anyway🤙

https://nerdculture.de/@deanjimmy/112485828892479494

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Ok, I apologize @Intellivision Master you were talking about a Flashback. I don’t know why I was thinking Fairchild Channel F game system. So I do know what a FB9 is. I never had the FB Portable is that any good? I do have a couple of Flashbacks. I have 2 and X or 10. Nothing wrong with having two x 2600+!

That's my bad.  I should have spelled it out as Flashback 9.  I just like to abbreviate.  Both the plug and play & the portable are good options.  I liked them because of the SD card slot.

Edit: It would be neat if there was a Fairchild Channel F plug and play.  I'm still holding out hope that one day there will be a Vectrex plug and play.  I'd buy it.  I know it wasn't around that long.  Not many people would remember that console or even know what it was.  But if a Vectrex clone ever came out it would be awesome.  The nice thing about the Vectrex, it already had its own TV screen.  Also, it would be neat if a 5200 plug and play released.  With better controllers of course.  Anyway, none of these clones may come out.  But it's fun to dream and ponder at the possibility.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's my bad.  I should have spelled it out as Flashback 9.  I just like to abbreviate.  Both the plug and play & the portable are good options.  I liked them because of the SD card slot.

Edit: It would be neat if there was a Fairchild Channel F plug and play.  I'm still holding out hope that one day there will be a Vectrex plug and play.  I'd buy it.  I know it wasn't around that long.  Not many people would remember that console or even know what it was.  But if a Vectrex clone ever came out it would be awesome.  The nice thing about the Vectrex, it already had its own TV screen.  Also, it would be neat if a 5200 plug and play released.  With better controllers of course.  Anyway, none of these clones may come out.  But it's fun to dream and ponder at the possibility.  

I've got an FB portable too.

Did not use it much recently.

It is nice for standard games but Juno 1st (my favorite) did not work.

I just found that thrust shows the same issue as the platinum version on the 2600+...

Up in the sky you go😅

But from my notes on the back, it seems I used to play Pitfall! on it😉

20240522_201409.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

It is nice for standard games but Juno 1st (my favorite) did not work.

I just found that thrust shows the same issue as the platinum version on the 2600+...

Up in the sky you go😅

Juno First didn't work on the portable.  It did work on the Flashback 9 though.  I don't think I played Thrust but heard of it.

Edit: I like the 2600 homebrew of Juno First.  Recently I played the arcade version.  Both are great.  Be nice if the game was ported to 7800.

Here's a review of the game:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

But it is worth to do it🤗

On Saturday I'll attend a local event and let the people play a selection of my carts on the 2600+

Never collect for the shelves🕹

They could try a lot of games and compare paddle/joystick controls with a modern dualsense and will see it depends on the type of game, which one is better😊

Well, for 🕹🕹stick games like Robotron 2084 the result is obvious😉

Inserting carts is the essential part anyway🤙

https://nerdculture.de/@deanjimmy/112485828892479494

Is it worth it?

Absolutely!

I try to collect to play, I definitely have some carts that I collected to collect. The hope is that I will eventually get round to playing them all. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I make an end label if the original one is missing or messed up.  It's nothing fancy.  I just write the game title and then attach the label.  It sticks from the adhesive.  The labels I got fit perfectly.  But it'll depend on the cart shape.  The labels I have work well with the standard Atari carts.  Also, arts and crafts is fun.  

lol my activision chopper command end label split in two when i slowly peeled a price tag :skull:

tbh i think i have a very diverse collection in terms of publishers and label designs so even with half a label i am able to tell which is which by just color for the most part, but i do plan on getting a nice repro label iffin i can get to them.

• Like 1