IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

10 hours ago, Bitsized said:

Not at all, Jon.  I bought Squeeze Box, Name This Game, and Space Jockey based on your recent video rankings for US games.  Those ranking videos also help me to dodge some titles as well.  I appreciate it.  These titles do not disappoint.

Eh, you are not going to agree with him on everything. He trashed Masters of the Universe, and I quite like that one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Yes, the other one, you know what I mean 😉

Dark Chambers is fun, the 7800 version is my number one guess for the next round of re-releases. I have avoided buying a cart off eBay as I am convinced of this happening.

• Like 2

Just now, JetmanUK said:

Dark Chambers is fun, the 7800 version is my number one guess for the next round of re-releases. I have avoided buying a cart off eBay as I am convinced of this happening.

I agree.  Hopefully it does get re-released.  The game is on Atari 50 which I have for the Switch.  But having a physical cart with box & manual is better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intellivision Master said:

I agree.  Hopefully it does get re-released.  The game is on Atari 50 which I have for the Switch.  But having a physical cart with box & manual is better.

Yeah I have it on Xbox and Switch, I want it on the Plus! Ha

I have the 2600 version boxed, I am sure I shared that on here once, it's pretty fun too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

I finally received my order in the mail! A good deal on both CIB!

IMG_0637.jpeg

I was playing Circus Atari earlier, and I am crap at it. 🤣

It plays well on the Plus, I was using the new CX30+ paddles. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

Eh, you are not going to agree with him on everything. He trashed Masters of the Universe, and I quite like that one.

38 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I was playing Circus Atari earlier, and I am crap at it. 🤣

It plays well on the Plus, I was using the new CX30+ paddles. 

It's one of those games I remember being better at as a kid than I am as an adult.  Maybe I should try it a little buzzed.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Why, were you always buzzed as a kid? 🤣

It's not easy being a kid in the circus.  

Got this Mario Bros. 7800 this week off the Bay, and it was local pickup - no shipping! Purchased it for less than the usual $60.  I've been obsessed with playing all the versions of this game.  I loved the 2600 version in the late 80's and wanted to see how the play is on all the versions.  The 2600 version is real smooth.  7800 is a bit rougher but still pretty smooth compared to the NES. With practice, this may be my go-to for Mario Bros.

Waiting for the post today for another goodie...

image.thumb.jpeg.4b84e848ebaacb9b70a3c40a31d2fcab.jpeg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Bitsized said:

It's not easy being a kid in the circus.  

Got this Mario Bros. 7800 this week off the Bay, and it was local pickup - no shipping! Purchased it for less than the usual $60.  I've been obsessed with playing all the versions of this game.  I loved the 2600 version in the late 80's and wanted to see how the play is on all the versions.  The 2600 version is real smooth.  7800 is a bit rougher but still pretty smooth compared to the NES. With practice, this may be my go-to for Mario Bros.

Waiting for the post today for another goodie...

image.thumb.jpeg.4b84e848ebaacb9b70a3c40a31d2fcab.jpeg

Mario Bros and Dark Chambers were the most played games by two brothers 7 and 9 (or so) when I had my 2600+ set up at an event hosted by the Homecomputer Museum Frankfurt, two weeks ago🤙

It was nice to see how they stole each others points in Mario Bros and then worked together in Dark Chambers🤗

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Mario Bros and Dark Chambers were the most played games by two brothers 7 and 9 (or so) when I had my 2600+ set up at an event hosted by the Homecomputer Museum Frankfurt, two weeks ago🤙

It was nice to see how they stole each others points in Mario Bros and then worked together in Dark Chambers🤗

interesting to see what will capture the the modern day youth.  Good reporting, both solid titles.  I just discovered Dark Chambers this past year.

• Like 4

On 5/21/2024 at 6:02 AM, Bitsized said:

Some CIBs I have are duplicates of the loose ones I have.  On this thread, I have read several folks have duplicates.  I'm wondering what the interest would be on having a "parking lot" trading space for duplicate games.  Has this been brought up before?  I just picked up another Jr. Pacman because it had the box with it, and I could fill the gap of only missing the box, I would gladly put up Jr. Pacman (and some others) for trade.  Most of my duplicate carts are probably common.  What think?

Might be interested in the Jr PM

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 8:38 PM, Plumbob said:

IMG_9964.thumb.jpeg.4171c09ccdbe51258fb795e32c54b782.jpeg

Actually, E.T. isn’t really that bad of a game!

A friend and I were shopping for Atari games at some local stores when I saw E.T. for $10. I was about to buy it just for the sake of owning supposedly the worst game ever, but my friend stopped me and said I could just have his copy instead. He said he never liked this game anyway. What a nice friend!   :)

I just wanted to introduce you guys to  @Calliser,  he is the friend who gave me ET (see above post) and has been a good friend of mine for decades. 

He just recently created an account on AtariAge, and just in time for him to win a two button gamepad prize in yesterday’s drawing!

Edited by Plumbob
Fixed link to Calliser’s username
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Plumbob said:

I just wanted to introduce you guys to @Calliser, he is the friend who gave me ET (see above post) and has been a good friend of mine for decades. 

He just recently created an account on AtariAge, and just in time for him to win a two button gamepad prize in yesterday’s drawing!

Welcome aboard @Calliser and congratulations on winning a gamepad!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Sadly to this day I have still not own the new Atari 2600+ even if I saw it live at the last year PRGE as I was with Atariage booth and played it for 3 days but even if I don't have the new system I can still play my OG childhood games and consoles I still own.

1977 - Heavy Sixer

1978 - Light Sixer

1980 - Four Switch

1982 - Darth Vader

1986 - Smaller Jr

Edited by Atariboy2600
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Atariboy2600 said:

I have a 10 Ten fave 2600 games here but if I HAD to pick just one thats Berzerk for the 2600 and the 5200

That is a top 10 different than most, but I like all those games.

• Like 1