IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

8 minutes ago, Atari2600PAL said:

Shame the box is a bit taller than normal so it won’t fit in one of my box protectors 

I’ve purchased box protectors from this seller for my Sega CIBs. https://www.ebay.com/itm/153621735393?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xXRRHEK5SKu&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=vGa3hq3TSji&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_5091.jpeg

IMG_5090.jpeg

IMG_5089.jpeg

• Like 6

I just recently picked up the 500XJ EPYX Controller by Konix. I found it at my local game store. I was trying it out with DEMON ATTACK.

I remember way back my brother in law use to buy different controllers for the Atari 2600. This was one he purchased. I remember trying different controllers that he would buy. I thought they were cool but I don’t recall purchasing third party controllers myself back then. Maybe one or two.

I seem to appreciate them more today then I did back then.

IMG_0658.jpeg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Thanks. Sadly they don’t post to the UK

Will have a search on eBay though to see if I can find something similar 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrChickenz said:

I just recently picked up the 500XJ EPYX Controller by Konix. I found it at my local game store. I was trying it out with DEMON ATTACK.

I remember way back my brother in law use to buy different controllers for the Atari 2600. This was one he purchased. I remember trying different controllers that he would buy. I thought they were cool but I don’t recall purchasing third party controllers myself back then. Maybe one or two.

IMG_0658.jpeg

The Epyx 500XJ is my favorite controller to play H.E.R.O. with.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I love Sega those boxes! 🤩 Great artwork. 

I only have loose carts of these games, owning these would be pretty sweet. Enjoy!

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Yes! I remember this post, highly desirable games. Would go for a small (or maybe large!) fortune on eBay right now I am sure.

Yes.  Now that Tac-Scan works, it's such a rad game.  I never played it as a kid, but I'm hooked. I kinda wish I grabbed a CIB when I saw it cheap on the Bay.

image.thumb.jpeg.772e780650d88d78016d64d500491838.jpeg

Here is a new acquisition:  Popeye from Tawain, maybe?  My other PB Popeye has a torn label.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0658.jpeg

I remember buying a 500XJ from I think Target back in the day.  I also liked the Gemstick, which many people do not like.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I remember buying a 500XJ from I think Target back in the day.  I also liked the Gemstick, which many people do not like.

I remember the Gemstick! I believe that is one I did buy I believe I still have it. I have to see online what it looks like. Did it have a yellow button?

EDIT: Yes it did have a yellow button but it’s not the one I had. Something similar though.

Ha! I forgot about the Kraft controller! My brother in law had this one also.

IMG_0661.png

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0658.jpeg

My father bought me one of these since nobody wanted to use the tiny controller we had for player 2. I liked the big red bat so I wasn't into this stick at the time. I learned to love it more and more. I still have and use the 500 and it's just such a great controller.  I love the feel of the microswitch click and solid long lasting construction! Now that my father has passed, the stick is even more important now then ever before. You made a great buy with this. 👍

20240604_123653.jpg

Edited by Striker667xbl
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

Ha! I forgot about the Kraft controller! My brother in law had this one also.

IMG_0661.png

I've think I've seen that one before.  It looks interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  The one in your photo looks different than what's pictured on this website.  https://www.ataricompendium.com/game_library/controllers/controllers.html

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Striker667xbl said:

My father bought me one of these since nobody wanted to use the tiny controller we had for player 2. I liked the big red bat so I wasn't into this stick at the time. I learned to love it more and more. I still have and use the 500 and it's just such a great controller.  I love the feel of the microswitch click and solid long lasting construction! Now that my father has passed, the stick is even more important now then ever before. You made a great buy with this. 👍

20240604_123653.jpg

Still looks brand new!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I've think I've seen that one before.  It looks interesting.  Thanks for sharing.  The one in your photo looks different than what's pictured on this website.  https://www.ataricompendium.com/game_library/controllers/controllers.html

The Power-Stick! That's the one I was talking about that no-one wanted to use in my post above! haha! Thanks for that link. I would have ended-up looking for the damn thing at some point haha.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

Still looks brand new!

That's just a testament to how well build they were. I found out this was also used as a Nintendo controller. They just added a second button in the spot that looks like it's missing a second button. 

SmartSelect_20240604_140104_eBay.jpg

SmartSelect_20240604_140041_eBay.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

IMG_0658.jpeg

That is a nice stick.

I've got a later model with A/B buttons for SEGA and auto fire.

I wanted to mod it to support A/B buttons  on the 7800 but never did it.

I used to play Qbert and Berzerk with it🤙

20240604_200756.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Yes the one I posted says premium II and it’s white. The one my brother in law had was almond color. So the one I posted might not be for the 2600

• Like 1