IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

9 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

My daughter and I played Freeway all the time when she was younger. Other favorites were Maze Craze, Sneak and Peak, Flag Capture, Keystone Kapers. Freeway is an awesome game when you’re playing kids. Being a big kid myself I enjoy playing these games also! 😄 

Great pick on Vanguard!

Hahaha, then maybe we should one day play Freeway together. :) 
Actually the favorites of my daughter are Frogs and Flies, Ms. Pac Man and Keystone Kapers. We also play together Game of The Bear, I go through the difficult rooms which needs a good reflex, she likes the rooms that you need to solve the puzzles. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Forgot about Frogs and Flies! And of course Ms. Pac Man! 

Game of the Bear I do not have but I was just recently viewing this one. Do you recommend Game of the Bear? It looks good!

I like it better than Mr Jump & Run.  The graphics are well done and it is not as frustrating as MJ&R. I often prefer games where you have a final goal to reach and GOTB is a fun, not too challenging platformer, where you want to escape an evil dwarf.  A good balance between difficulty and fun.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Freeway is still the number one game to play with my daughter, I like it, but I hope a new game will take its place one day soon. 

Frogger for two players could be fun. Two frogs competing for the empty spots across the river. :) At higher difficulty also pushing out of the tree into water would add to the fun. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

This one came in the mail yesterday. This should be the last one for a while 😇

20240609_223152.jpg

Spectravision very nice! I don’t own any Spectravision games.

A while is not that long Alex! A while for me could mean tomorrow! lol!

Good thing though is most games for the Atari are inexpensive. 🤣

• Like 2

On 6/8/2024 at 12:22 AM, Brad_from_the_80s said:

I decided to count my carts and turns out I'm up to 129 working games.  Actually 130 with an unopened Radar Lock.  That's mostly 1st- and major 3rd-party games (Activision, Imagic, M-Network, PB, Sega), a small handful of more obscure games, plus the 2600+ launch carts, maybe 10-12 vintage 7800, and a few early Atari XP carts.  I haven't bought more than a 2 or 3 in the past three months, after I bought up almost everything obvious to have, including a few more rare/expensive games.  Somebody gifted me another copy of ET, and my Centipede copy got so flakey I had to replace it, but have otherwise avoided duplicates.  I don't have a lot of homebrews or more obscure branded carts, but picking up a few of those and maybe any more new releases is probably the only way I'll get to 150-ish, and not sure I'll ever go far past that.  But still... that's a lot of Atari games for somebody who started with almost nothing back in October.

Since you are the one that started this Topic it’s only fair that you collect them all! I believe there are 500-ish give or take. 🤣😂😄

Especially now that you have us buying and posting here! Lol

BUY THEM ALL!  BUY THEM ALL! BUY THEM ALL! BUY THEM ALL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/8/2024 at 7:53 PM, Intellivision Master said:

20240608_131857.thumb.jpg.0310eca117e922168c94d3288c0bd747.jpg

20240608_132007.thumb.jpg.843bb4c477c4e9910cfde3b8361ae7e9.jpg

These arrived today.  I like both games.  Phoenix replaced Marine Wars.  That one wasn't available unfortunately.  I'll have to get it some other time.  But having a CIB Phoenix is nice.  It's missing the comic though.

Submarine Commander is good.  I played it on the default game mode.

Phoenix is a fun shooter.  I like the shield feature.  If only the game had auto fire as well.

One thing I recently learned about Phoenix, I believe Left difficulty switch turns on and off the cry of the birds. Other sound effects stay on it’s just the bird sounds. But you probably know that because you have the manual. 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

This one came in the mail yesterday. This should be the last one for a while 😇

20240609_223152.jpg

Gangster Alley is a cool game! I wish it supported the Trak-Ball, though.

Weirdly(?), I had the Froggo version, Task Force, before I got Gangster Alley.

• Like 2

I came across this and thought you all might be interested in it.  There are a lot of companies listed.  Not sure when the list was last updated.  The game I recently bought has Play Video on the label.  According to this list, they did 4 games but mine isn't on there.  

The contact link at the top of the page doesn't work.  That's a shame.  Because I would have used that to update the list.

https://atariage.com/company_list.php?SystemID=2600

• Thanks 1

I think Commavid made fun games with interesting and unique game mechanics.

Here's my collection:

IMG_20240611_142609.thumb.jpg.5d6ef0a30b9fb83f523b6dc739ec1307.jpg

NTSC at the top which replaced my PAL carts at the bottom. Sadly I don't have any boxes and only one manual, but here they are.

Gotta love those crazy long carts and the art on Room of Doom and Mines of Minos.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 5

On 6/10/2024 at 9:32 AM, MrChickenz said:

Spectravision very nice! I don’t own any Spectravision games.

WHAT?!

*Looks at Gas Hog carts*

Erm, you need to stop playing Air Raiders and head to eBay right now Mr Chickenz!

• Haha 2

On 6/8/2024 at 5:28 AM, JetmanUK said:

You know your collecting is getting getting out of control when you collect collections.

I decided to put together CIB copies of the Pac-Man series.

IMG_20240608_111101.thumb.jpg.8f8ad0f91b03feef201333748cd8d936.jpg

IMG_20240608_111141.thumb.jpg.9a122250f68f684200fab3fd3f274be0.jpg

IMG_20240608_111225.thumb.jpg.c4bb120df92e948ad07250eaed8c4e34.jpg

I am happy to have this version of the original Pac-Man, I don't like the other creepy tiny eye version. Shudder. 

I also have a CIB 7800 Ms Pac-Man. Really good game. 

Hombrew wise I think Pac-Man 8K (4K is close, maybe I need to play it more) is the best. Imagine a collection of all of these on one cart. Obviously that won't happen, but it would be pretty great.

I'm all about red labels personally...

7 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I have this version too. I don't have the Spectravideo one sadly. 

I use my Trakball in Joystick mode on it😊

Edit:

But it plays much better with my Dualsense😉

We need true TB support and a hack of this game🤙

Many lightgun style games should work with true TB support quite well.

The Joystick TB mode is perfect if you need some days off. Play 1 hour and any doc will certificate an inflammation😅

20240612_220941.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Today's arrival - BMX Airmaster.

A game I've wanted for a while but as it often goes for a stupid price I waited patiently.

Here's my NTSC copy and it came with a manual.

Oh man! I’ve been eyeing this one as well! That’s awesome! 🚲 

I guess I’ll just go play some Freeway. 🐓

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2