IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

On 6/21/2024 at 7:40 AM, JetmanUK said:

Just arrived!

New 7800 games (waiting for Food Fight) and a tiny box containing a joypad. 

IMG_20240621_123640.thumb.jpg.4df095044f2ba1e72d6d6222f3ec73e9.jpg

These two arrived minutes before:

IMG_20240621_123908.thumb.jpg.60b480648e7b4b9ac23d61b9cd98feaa.jpg

It's a repro box but that's ok, I wasn't going to pay the crazy money for a legit one. 

I just tried STARGUNNER for the first time. I don’t have this one. But I played on emulation. It’s pretty cool, I like it!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Tell Konami to focus on Pachinko and let Atari release Juno 1st for the 2600 with the possibility to earn a patch 🤙

If you convince them, their football games are just crap now, the will immediately agree😅

Not fair @DEANJIMMY. You’ll win all the patches for Juno First with your skills and arsenal of controllers! 😄

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 4:38 AM, DEANJIMMY said:

Tell Konami to focus on Pachinko and let Atari release Juno 1st for the 2600 with the possibility to earn a patch 🤙

Juno First homebrew cart is hard to find now.  I should have gotten it when the physical cart was still available.  I used to have the 2600 ROM on the Flashback 9.  It would be cool if somehow Atari could release the arcade version on the 2600/7800.

• Like 3

On 12/9/2023 at 6:26 PM, LS650 said:

In anticipation of getting the 2600+, I bought four 7800 carts off eBay: Dig Dug, Ms Pacman, Pole Position 2, and Xevious.

I ordered Berzerk Enhanced with the 2600+ (great game with some noticeable improvements over the original).

I've also bought relatively cheaply three "new to me" 2600 carts off eBay: Beany Bopper, Moon Patrol, and Plaque Attack.

I also have some more used 2600 carts on the way that I've bought from eBay.

PS Thanks for ruining that label, 'Christy'...  😆

Screenshot 2023-12-09 3.22.57 PM.png

Hey, 

I see Trick Shot there. I played that game a lot. When I eventually bought a SEGA GENESIS I was always playing SIDE POCKET.

TRICK SHOT was a great game I had fun with that one. I’m gonna have to revisit this again!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Today I received my NTSC version of SEAQUEST🤙

Tomorrow I need to iron some laundry, so I gonna flat the US manual, too😅

I got an international manual with many languages anway😊

Then I put some glue on the label, clean the contacts and compare the speed with my Activision and Quelle PAL carts🕹

20240622_193744.jpg

Ironing works 🤙

20240623_185212.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I picked up Tower Toppler recently! Unused but damed box. What a cool little game! The filter that's being experimented with is something I really hope keeps getting improved! 

One on One Baseball... and I really enjoy playing this one! 

7800 Centipede because I found out it had CoOp! How freaking cool!

My first Cart Homebrews from Atari Age:

Frenzy and boxed Medieval Mayhem. 

I'm really enjoying picking up 7800 games because I didn't really see them much when I was young. The only 7800 game I played was Pole Position II. I loved it because it gave more context to the game with the better graphics and wished we had more games for 7800. 

Good time to be old school gamers. Hope to see even more 7800 Homebrews! Can't wait to get A.R.T.I. !

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Maybe Atari can just sell them for like $20.  I'll buy them.  Of course that would be cheating.  Lol.

@Ben from Plaion I think it would be cool if Atari sold a patch (or a small bumper sticker!) for Mr. Run And Jump.  You would have to attach to the order a picture of the completion screen and a certain score, plus send in a few dollars maybe, and yes some people would cheat, but who cares? That would be fun to earn that patch!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

I was thinking the same thing!

But it would be like buying achievements on Xbox or something, they are basically physical achievements. 

What about a discount if you break the necessary score and then have a certificate that you earned the patch? Covers cost for a niche run both ways.

Edit:Plumbob beat me to it.

Edited by Gamemoose
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Plumbob said:

@Ben from Plaion I think it would be cool if Atari sold a patch (or a small bumper sticker!) for Mr. Run And Jump.  You would have to attach to the order a picture of the completion screen and a certain score, plus send in a few dollars maybe, and yes some people would cheat, but who cares? That would be fun to earn that patch!

Nice idea. Just opening Photoshop.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:36 PM, DEANJIMMY said:

Ikari Warriors should be rereleased with twinstick controls! Then I would love it, so I struggle a bit with the controls until I warm up.

actually, idk how well this would work but, considering the arcade game used a rotary joystick, what if you could do singleplayer with a joystick and paddle? dunno how viable that is but, its funny to me...