IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

5 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Just won this on ebay for £33. Hope it doesn't snap my CX40 joystick like Daley's decathlon did on the C64 mini!

s-l1600.webp

Ah that was you. 🤣 I thought about you as I watched this sellers massive number of boxed Activsion games get sold one by one, I thought that Shane from AA, he's always posting CIB copies of games. Not surprised when I read this!  😋🤣 

Did you win any others too? 

I didn't bid on this one as I have a loose NTSC cart already. I was tempted though, really nice condition and you don't see a CIB copy often. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Ah that was you. 🤣 I thought about you as I watched this sellers massive number of boxed Activsion games get sold one by one, I thought that Shane from AA, he's always posting CIB copies of games. Not surprised when I read this!  😋🤣 

Did you win any others too? 

I didn't bid on this one as I have a loose NTSC cart already. I was tempted though, really nice condition and you don't see a CIB copy often. 

No, just Decathlon. The seller was selling a lot of other Activision games, I was only interested in this one thou.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shane857 said:

No, just Decathlon. The seller was selling a lot of other Activision games, I was only interested in this one thou.

I bid on a couple, so far, not won as I am only a so so level of interested, looking for a bargain. Can't believe how many games he's selling CIB. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 7:02 AM, JetmanUK said:

Another post from me and maybe a little too off topic, so please forgive me, but I wanted to share. 

It's a collecting thing but not for the 2600 Plus, it definitely won't fit in the cartridge slot or either joystick port.

An Atari 50 Vinyl.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the music is like, I wanted an Atari music product and here it is. I would have preferred a cassette. Note to Atari, much cheaper to produce!

An interesting track list, but not what I expected. I was thinking more perhaps a chip tune or electronic music album, maybe music from the Recharged series and more from the same artists.

I'll share pics when it arrives next month, if I'm permitted of course. 😋

Screenshot_2024-04-20-04-39-47-977_com.google.android.youtube-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-20-04-40-35-853_com.microsoft.office.outlook-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-20-13-02-08-527_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping-edit.jpg

I’ve been listening to my copy today. I really like it and hope you do to. 

Have you listened to Atari Today? 🙂

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I/ve been listening to my copy today. I really like it and hope you do to. 

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

I ordered this ages ago on Amazon and it got pushed back, thanks for posting this as I had completely forgotten about it!

Heading there for an update on my order now.

EDIT:

Amazon state arriving 22 JUL - 28 NOV

WHAT?!

I purchased this on the 20th April, it had a May release date, this date is not really giving me any confidence, I get a feeling that I will not get one. :(

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I ordered this ages ago on Amazon and it got pushed back, thanks for posting this as I had completely forgotten about it!

Heading there for an update on my order now.

EDIT:

Amazon state 22 JUL - 28 NOV

WHAT?!

I purchased this on the 20th April, this date is not really giving me any confidence, I get a feeling that I will not get one. :(

Mine arrived a couple weeks ago, so hopefully your's will arrive soon too.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I bid on a couple, so far, not won as I am only a so so level of interested, looking for a bargain. Can't believe how many games he's selling CIB. 

Yeh, lot of Activision. Maybe his personal collection. I like 'some' Activision games. Obviously the Pitfall's, Ghostbusters, River Raid etc

I wouldn't say thou, personally Activision made 'better' games than Atari.

I prefer Atari box art over Activision. I would say...equal. Shame the developers split ways back in the day, obviously they were not getting the recognition back in the day because Atari lost their way...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Mine arrived a couple weeks ago, so hopefully your's will arrive soon too.

Thanks again. I have totally lost faith in Amazon UK with regards to preorders now, I've previously had problems with two Evercade carts, so now I won't preorder Evercade from them. I have just cancelled this order and placed an order (paying a little more) with HMV. At least they usually send you what you order!

For anyone interested I just found this YouTube video.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

Just won this on ebay for £33. Hope it doesn't snap my CX40 joystick like Daley's decathlon did on the C64 mini!

s-l1600.webp

I suggest using a track and field controller, or a space invaders or asteroids controller for this game. It's a joystick killer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I’ve been listening to my copy today. I really like it and hope you do to. 

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

i did not know this existed... although i feel like i'm too late to get it for a reasonable price...

and i mean i use an AT-LP60, my velvet underground album doesnt even play properly on that, beautiful one though, nice blue record...

But point being i feel like even if i got this, my turntable could have issues with the record if its super high end :)

but niiiiice...

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Uses leaf switches for the buttons which I found interesting.

also this is the same game on the NES right..?

All i'm saying is ya know what would REALLY be interesting for a track and field controller as like an additional one off at least?

bring some revolution and power to the players?

i'm just saying ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

also this is the same game on the NES right..?

Alright i got this confused with stadium events, but both are on the NES. so my point still stands...

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

s-l1600.webp

You should get one of those old home computer joysticks that were basically broken but you could just wiggle the base to cheat in these games, ashens had one for the spectrum so...

The atari 'Broken Cheater" stick, sponsored by Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong!

• Haha 1

Dark Chambers 7800 in a box, with warranty card and an old Atari Advantage poster.  No manual.  I have this one on VCS, it's a fun-ish time waster Gauntlet precursor (well Dandy) with smooth-scrolling dungeons.  The 2600 version is impressive for what it is, but I think this is the version to have.

20240723_012851-Copy.thumb.jpg.9b3d1212819e11797b030975399dfdde.jpg

20240723_012542-Copy.thumb.jpg.dc155497afee1bebc6a228208d270555.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

You should get one of those old home computer joysticks that were basically broken but you could just wiggle the base to cheat in these games, ashens had one for the spectrum so...

The atari 'Broken Cheater" stick, sponsored by Tiger Woods and Lance Armstrong!

That's actually a good idea. I have 2 spare original CX40 joysticks thou, so I should be ok.

2 hours ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Dark Chambers 7800 in a box, with warranty card and an old Atari Advantage poster.  No manual.  I have this one on VCS, it's a fun-ish time waster Gauntlet precursor (well Dandy) with smooth-scrolling dungeons.  The 2600 version is impressive for what it is, but I think this is the version to have.

20240723_012851-Copy.thumb.jpg.9b3d1212819e11797b030975399dfdde.jpg

20240723_012542-Copy.thumb.jpg.dc155497afee1bebc6a228208d270555.jpg

Nice. That's a rare 7800 game I'm after also.

• Like 2